Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] Mag Rework

Agentawesome

With being bored at home and noticed I don't use Mag for anything but Triton farming, I came up with a few ideas on making her more viable in other game modes.

Passive Skill: Mag resists knockdowns when casting abilities and has +50% Wall Latch time.

New Debuff: [Flux]

- Causes enemies to be 3% slower for 10s, scales with Power Duration of Mag. Can be stacked 4 times.

- Enemies which have a cold effect on them will have their [Flux] effect doubled.

- Enemies will take 50% more electric damage.

Abilities:

1. PULL:

- All enemies effected by Pull will be inflicted with [Flux]

- Tapping Pull will cast Pull similar to how it is now.

- Holding Pull will cause enemies to be suspended in midair. After 3 seconds, holding pull will begin to drain 5 energy per second.  

- Enemies Held for 5 seconds or more can be thrown towards the direction of the cursor after the Pull is released, holding the Zoom button before releasing Pull will propel enemies towards you in the cursor direction, holding the Main FIre button however will repel enemies from you towards the cursor.

-After the initial damage of Pull, a second damage will be taken according to how far the enemy is propelled. Heavier armored enemies will take more damage.

Augment: Greedy Pull

-Tapping Pull will do the same as its current state.

- Items (except health orbs and energy orbs ) held in Pull for 30 seconds will be compacted to a 'Collection Point' which will allow all team members to pick up all items within the radius of the Collection Point.

- New items which drop within the range of a channeled Pull will not be effected by it.

- The Collection Point will be marked on the minimap. Only one Collection Point can exist at a time.

- Time taken for the items to compact is decreased by Power Duration.

- Items can still be picked up individually. The Collection Point only serves as a more efficient way of collecting loot.

- Enemies which steps on compacted loot will be effected with one stack of [Flux] for every 2 seconds they stand on it.

2. POLARIZE:

- Polarize will effect shielding the same as its current state.

- Enemies whose HP is composed of less than 5% shields will have their armor magnetized, causing a slow effect for nearby enemies for 15 seconds. 

- Heavier armored targets will cause a stronger slow effect to enemies around them.

- Enemies will only be effected by the strongest slowing effect from another enemy.

-Slow effect does not stack with itself or other Warframe skills which slow down enemies and is overridden by Warframe skills which have a stronger slow effect.

- Removes all stacks of [Flux]

- Slow debuff is effected by Power Duration and Power Strength

Augment: Transference 

- Every enemy magnetized will increase Mag's armor by 10 points with a cap of 300 armor.

- Using other skills will reduce drained armor by double the amount of energy taken to cast said skill.

- Armor drain, drain Cap and skill armor reduction is effected by power strength.

3. BULLET ATTRACTOR  

- Duration is removed, only 4 Attractor bubbles can be casted simultaneously. Target becomes invulnerable to ALL Warframe skills.

- Enemies within a certain range of the targeted enemy will receive a Slow debuff  for 10 seconds and will take more Electric damage. The slow debuff is effected by Strength and Duration mods.

- Debuff is removed if the targeted enemy dies.

- All enemies within a certain range of the targeted enemy will receive one stack of [Flux] while enemies caught within the Attractor field will receive two stacks of [Flux]

Augment : Attractor Bomb

- Upon death of the target, the Attractor Field will explode causing enemies to take damage of 25% of the target enemy's HP. Scales with Range and Strength mods.

4. CRUSH

- Enemies will take an additional 500 damage for every stack of [Flux] inflicted on them

- Removes all [Flux] stacks

- Additional damage is effected by Strength mods.

Augment : Fracturing Crush

- Remains unchanged

Notes:

The point of these changes is to give more roles to Mag in different situations. With this rework, a Mag built around Range and Duration can become a useful debuffer and support frame with channeling Pull, Greedy Pull, Flux debuffs and Fracturing Crush, while a Strength and Range build will allow Mag to be a Anti - Heavy Unit with Attractor Bomb, Polarize and deal damage with Crush.

Your criticism and balancing ideas are much welcomed.  

Edited by Agentawesome_

I like it. The only thing I have to say against it is wouldn't the learning curve be kinda weird for newbies?

To think of it, all the skills are mostly unchanged from how they are now, these changes are mostly additions to the current skills to make them a bit more useful.

I like it. The only thing I have to say against it is wouldn't the learning curve be kinda weird for newbies?

Remember excaliber is for the newbie newbies as it states he perfect for inexperienced players. Mag is for people who are a little more experienced in fps or warframe itself.

I think this is a great idea that just needs some tweaking. I personally don't think the suggested changes to bullet attractor will make it any more useful. Sure there's no more duration so power/efficiancy Mag can use it now, but it blocking all powers make it a pain for frames who damage mostly based on powers and makes Mag still only use polarize but with some pull thrown in instead

• 1 month later...

- Items (except health orbs and energy orbs ) held in Pull for 30 seconds

30 seconds? o.O Seems a bit much to me, make that 10 or even 5 and it's still more than enough to prevent abuse. In 30 seconds, my squad is halfway to extraction while I'm still standing there, holding Pull and waiting for the loot to come together.