Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Change(S) To Scream/afterburn To Make Them Vastly More Useful

Magneu

Make it so the projectile rag-dolls enemies from the point of impact in a 10-20 meter radius, similar to a Jat Kittag slam attack. Would add utility, but mostly awesome fun to the augment, to the point I would consider using it over a different mod for my Chroma. 

A damage buff would be nice as well, but that's where my second suggestion comes in.

Thinking about the augment itself, a useful change could also be changing Spectral Scream from a toggle to an "equipped" weapon similar to Artemis Bow (energy drain on attack) that would spit said projectiles up to 1-2 times a second, for base 500 damage (affected by strength mods). It would basically be an equipped, elemental Sonicor that uses energy for ammo. Bonus points if the damage is affected by Vex Armor (could have some amazingly fun, balanced builds centering around an artillery Chroma.

If we feel like going deep into the rabbit hole, we could introduce the Quiver mechanic to Chroma for Scream, where tapping the key fires a projectile/starts a toggle stream, and holding the key switches modes between projectile and continuous (and while we're at it, introduce this mechanic to all elemental frames, identical to Scream's mechanics). In this case, Afterburn would have to be modified to, say;

Spectral Scream lays down a trail of elemental damage wherever it contacts a surface, with 100% status chance for 3/4/5 seconds (modified by duration).

And very, very, very importantly...please at least double Scream's range to 20 meters. Most every Chroma runs Narrowminded for his other, more useful abilities, and Scream is frankly useless at 3.4 meters.

Thanks for reading! Comments, criticism, pledges of undying loyalty? Lay it down.

Edited by Magneu

Adding the Quiver mechanic to Afterburner is a nice idea, and would set an interesting precedent for other Augments - using an augment could give bonus functionality like Quiver does, letting you swap between skill setups.

Regarding Scream's range, it's relationship with Power Range seems to be nonlinear. My Chroma's power range is at under 50%, but the range in the ability screen claims it's still 8m long. It could do with a basic buff to 15m at max rank, though.

I made a suggestion (here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/587461-chroma-spectral-scream-suggestions-dont-crawl-charge/) to add a change to Scream as well, but instead of increasing the range, I suggested that Scream slowly build up Chroma's movement speed to a max of 1.2x your Sprint Speed, solving the range issue by letting you chase down enemies and giving it better synergy with Elemental Ward and Vex Armor, which reward closer combat. Let me know what you think,