Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread Vs Paris Prime [Crit Chance Suggestion]

--DSP--

And in order to proc elements, you need a status. Because an element IS a status. As far as the element build for bombards, no I didn't know it had to be radiation which I will test later. I haven't built my bows for status/elemental because I've built purely for critical since those are the higher percentages. I will test it later. Either way I sure my opinion will not change because I have always had better luck with the paris on anything with armor over the dread. Which believe me, i love the dread and I wish that I dealt better damage to it. But fact is there are different damage types that work better on different enemies which is why we have other damage types.

You also don't need to spend an excessive amount of time in simulacrum to gain a perspective on hits. Using 5 enemies each will give you the same average as 10. (Not saying it will take an hour to kill 10 enemies, it's just a reference).

Elementals are NOT status, they're damage types.

Say you put on a electric damage mod coupled with a fire damage mod on a weapon with 25% status chance. Said weapon will have a 25% chance to proc either one of its IPS damage types (Impact, Puncture, Slash, but more of a damage type will dictate which IPS procs. Example being the Dread procing Slash most of the time) or its modded element. In this case, it's Radiation.

You didn't know Radiation was a better damage type for bombards? Use the Codex or Wikia. (Corrosive would be better on ALL armored enemies, even bombards, if they can proc fast enough. A weapon with just base elemental damage would be prefered. Like the Twin Grakata (Not a base elemental, but it does have good status), Lacera or Prova Vandal with the Element + Status mods)

Try this build for the Lacera on a group of high leveled Heavy Gunners in the Simulacrum. You don't be disappointed.

3Ayvsx7.jpg

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Elementals are NOT status, they're damage types.

Say you put on a electric damage mod coupled with a fire damage mod on a weapon with 25% status chance. Said weapon will have a 25% chance to proc either one of its IPS damage types (Impact, Puncture, Slash, but more of a damage type will dictate which IPS procs. Example being the Dread procing Slash most of the time) or its modded element. In this case, it's Radiation.

You didn't know Radiation was a better damage type for bombards? Use the Codex or Wikia. (Corrosive would be better on ALL armored enemies, even bombards, if they can proc fast enough. A weapon with just base elemental damage would be prefered. Like the Twin Grakata (Not a base elemental, but it does have good status), Lacera or Prova Vandal with the Element + Status mods)

Thanks you <3

Edited by qwaszx12

Elemental is a damage type. Not a status. A status is an elemental or physical proc that will trigger an effect. Where's an elemental is a damage that will do higher or lower damage to certain enemies.

Honestly if you claim to have 6 forma on your bow and not put an elemental mod at all? 

Nope, not one. Its only 6 formas because I had to change a polarity I originally made on there. The only bow I use elements on is the daikyu.

This is dumb. What I have done is quite simple. I got three bows.

Dread because it works against flesh the best, I use it for infested.

>> Slash (Fanged Fusillade), Corrossive and Heat

>> Corrossive and Blast.

>> Slash (Fanged Fusillade), Blast and Electricity. (For CC)

Note, I would love to take Dread into the Void, but it requires a minimum of 4xCP, which is rare. If you are going to solo Survival with Dread in a Void mission, just don't.

Paris Prime, because impact works best against Armor, this one goes for Grineer and Void.

*working on getting Piercing Caliber*

>> Radiation and Viral

>> Radiation and Cold.

And Rakta Cernos, since Impact works great against shields, this goes for Corpus.

>> Impact (Crash Course), Viral, Electricity.

Why limit yourself to one weapon when you can have an arsenal at your disposal?

This is dumb. What I have done is quite simple. I got three bows.

Dread because it works against flesh the best, I use it for infested.

>> Slash (Fanged Fusillade), Corrossive and Heat

>> Corrossive and Blast.

>> Slash (Fanged Fusillade), Blast and Electricity. (For CC)

Note, I would love to take Dread into the Void, but it requires a minimum of 4xCP, which is rare. If you are going to solo Survival with Dread in a Void mission, just don't.

Paris Prime, because impact works best against Armor, this one goes for Grineer and Void.

*working on getting Piercing Caliber*

>> Radiation and Viral

>> Radiation and Cold.

And Rakta Cernos, since Impact works great against shields, this goes for Corpus.

>> Impact (Crash Course), Viral, Electricity.

Why limit yourself to one weapon when you can have an arsenal at your disposal?

This is the point I was trying to make. (and yes I use all four bows). And the reason why you see me say status build when it comes to elemental damage is because you need a status percentage to proc that particular damage type. You however do not need status chance to proc crit. So when I say a status build, I mean elemental damage.

- Although for the paris, I believe you meant puncture.. just an fyi

Edited by (PS4)Knuckles2184

This is the point I was trying to make. (and yes I use all four bows). And the reason why you see me say status build when it comes to elemental damage is because you need a status percentage to proc that particular damage type. You however do not need status chance to proc crit. So when I say a status build, I mean elemental damage.

You still don't get it don't you... Status and Elemental Damage are different. You need Status Chance to proc status proc effect. But Elemental Damage is always there.

How about this... I'll make this easier for you.

Think about it, Weapons like Amprex, Staticor, Glaxion, Atomos, Ignis, Ninkondi and so on has no Physical damage. Do you really think they need status chance to deal damage? No. Status Chance are only the effect. For example, Staticor will always deal damage, but when the status effect triggers, Radiation proc will trigger. When radiation proc triggers, enemies will be confused and fight each other. 

Other than that, the damage of the elemental will always be there if you added them into your weapons, And they act exactly like physical damages.

Also, physical damage also benefits from status in case you didn't know.

You don't need status chance to deal elemental damage. The only use for status chance is to proc effects. For example: Slash = Bleeding, Radiation = Chaos Confusion, Ice = Slowing and etc.

You still don't get it don't you... Status and Elemental Damage are different. You need Status Chance to proc status proc effect. But Elemental Damage is always there.

No I still don't think you get it. The effectiveness and the damage number you see on corrosive damage almost does nothing as I tested it just today. The corrosion proc is actually what makes corrosive damage effective because without it, it's useless. HENCE you need the status chance for it to function, and HENCE when you build for elemental damage, you build for its STATUS. Which is why when speaking about element builds, I use the term STATUS builds.

and HENCE when you build for elemental damage, you build for its STATUS. Which is why when speaking about element builds, I use the term STATUS builds.

What does it take for you to understand it? You are being ignorant, you know that? Didn't you see many ppl trying to explain it to you yet you're still ignoring every single one of them?

Edited by qwaszx12

No I still don't think you get it. The effectiveness and the damage number you see on corrosive damage almost does nothing as I tested it just today. The corrosion proc is actually what makes corrosive damage effective because without it, it's useless. HENCE you need the status chance for it to function, and HENCE when you build for elemental damage, you build for its STATUS. Which is why when speaking about element builds, I use the term STATUS builds.

Your words does have SOME truth to them, but almost nothing else. High status weapons can utilize Corrosive more effectively, via statusing the Corrosive proc (-25% enemy base armor) but if you think that corrosive damage is nothing without a high status weapon, then you're why off. You don't need high status chance to make Corrosive more effective, you use corrosive damage to take down Ferrite (+75% extra damage via Corrosive) armor units and Infested Ancients down faster and the once in a while Corrosive proc (If the weapon has a 10% chance or less, ill be icing on the cake). You do NOT need a high status weapon to do any sort of damage.

And if we're still talking about bows, nothing is worth leaving out your elemental combo... nothing...

And please, show us what you're testing said builds on, so I can debunk you.

I used this weapon to kill a level 105 Corrupted Heavy Gunner. As you see, it only has 7.5% status chance

onCqwC9.jpg

It took me 102 bullets to kill her. That should prove its effectiveness without procing.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Your words does have SOME truth to them, but almost nothing else. High status weapons can utilize Corrosive more effectively, via statusing the Corrosive proc (-25% enemy base armor) but if you think that corrosive damage is nothing without a high status weapon, then you're why off. You don't need high status chance to make Corrosive more effective, you use corrosive damage to take down Ferrite (+75% extra damage via Corrosive) armor units and Infested Ancients down faster and the once in a while Corrosive proc (If the weapon has a 10% chance or less, ill be icing on the cake). You do NOT need a high status weapon to do any sort of damage.

And if we're still talking about bows, nothing is worth leaving out your elemental combo... nothing...

And please, show us what you're testing said builds on, so I can debunk you.

I used this weapon to kill a level 105 Corrupted Heavy Gunner. As you see, it only has 7.5% status chance

onCqwC9.jpg

It took me 102 bullets to kill her. That should prove its effectiveness without procing.

I'm not saying it needs to be a high status, what I am saying is you need some sort of status for it to be effective. The reason is because the status and the element synergize. You can still damage with the element but it's not ad effective unless your status procs.

Edit: so you're saying laying 102 bullets into a single enemy is effective? I think that proves that you'll get the job done sure, but is it an effective method of it? I really don't think so. Take the daikyu for instance (this is my go to bow in 3rd level sorties). With its element dmg coupled with the high status you can get the job done with just a couple of arrows. That is effective. Again, this is why when I speak of elemental builds, I speak of status builds. They work hand in hand, they synergize. I really don't understand why this is an argument.

EDIT: I just saw your post after my edit lol.

I'm not saying it needs to be a high status, what I am saying is you need some sort of status for it to be effective. The reason is because the status and the element synergize. You can still damage with the element but it's not ad effective unless your status procs.

True. True. And I guess testing on a lvl 105 HG was a bit extreme. lol

Tried the Lacera yet? Now that's something.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

True. True. And I guess testing on a lvl 105 HG was a bit extreme. lol

Tried the Lacera yet? Now that's something.

Lol thankyou! That's all I'm trying to say

But to answer your question about my bows, no I don't use any elements/status on any of them with the exception of the daikyu. Although rakta may benefit more from that kind of build than critical because that chance is drastically lower than the paris or dread. But I haven't explored that option yet.

Lol thankyou! That's all I'm trying to say

But to answer your question about my bows, no I don't use any elements/status on any of them with the exception of the daikyu. Although rakta may benefit more from that kind of build than critical because that chance is drastically lower than the paris or dread. But I haven't explored that option yet.

No problem. But the only part where Corrosive procs won't matter is on infested unless they got those swarm moas.

May I have your builds so I can test them against mine? I'm actually quite curious to try out a different way of building.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

No problem. But the only part where Corrosive procs won't matter is on infested unless they got those swarm moas.

May I have your builds so I can test them against mine? I'm actually quite curious to try out a different way of building.

Crap. You're PC aren't you. I'm on the mobile site so I can't really review your profile. I'll send them to you,might take a bit to get them from console onto my computer or tablet though lol

Crap. You're PC aren't you. I'm on the mobile site so I can't really review your profile. I'll send them to you,might take a bit to get them from console onto my computer or tablet though lol

Alright. I'll also make sure not to use mods that the console playerbase doesn't have.

You got a bad memory like me huh? XD

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

no I don't use any elements/status on any of them with the exception of the daikyu. 

Do you mean you don't put dual stats mods or you don't put elemental mod in general? Because I don't see any reason not to put elemental mods.

Can you at least tell me about your all the mods in your build?

Edited by qwaszx12