Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Yet Another Warframe Suggestion...] Atlas

DarknightK

Warframe Concept: Atlas, the Colossus

Atlas is a large warframe designed by the ancient Orokin to instill fear into their enemies by his towering size and brute force. Designed as a war monger, fearing nothing, not even death itself due to parts of "void" machinery imbued within his suit. Atlas was unstoppable, but soon the Orokin had realized their mistake in creating a machine of death, and put him into deep cryostasis. He was soon found by a Tenno expedition into the deep depths of the Void, sealed within a room that was kept off the grid...

Initial Stats:

Health: 250

Shields: 150

Armor: 95

Energy: 100

Shield Recharge: 10

Sprint Speed: 0.5

Passive Trait: Atlas has a 50% resistance to stagger from any sources. He is only staggered by a Shockwave MOA’s tremor, and is affected by a Scorpion’s/Ambulas’/J3’s Pull less than other warframes.

Where Atlas benefits in his resistances he suffers in shield recharge time, ability power use, and sprint/running speed. He stands slightly, only slightly taller than a Corpus Tech, and has mix of 3rd Age Crusader and Greek Statue appearance. Due to his large physique, Atlas runs and walks at a much slower rate than other frames, and uses near twice the stamina for it. Luckily, Atlas has a large stamina reserve, but it refills slower than most frames (information needed about stamina pools and stamina recharge). Due to his slow momentum, Atlas cannot slide very far, yet can knockdown enemies with the basic sprint+crouch maneuver. When Atlas jumps, teammates will experience screenshake dependent on how far they are from Atlas.

Alternate names: Goliath

Abilities

Stronghold – 50 Energy

“Atlas pulls out a seemingly ancient tower shield which he can use to block incoming attacks or use as an equally devastating weapon.”

I imagine Atlas having some long shield strewn across his back, which is mainly for aestethics until this ability is used. Atlas can no longer use any of his weapons for the duration of the ability. Instead, he is able to block attacks from any source, but in turn is reduced to a walking speed. At the cost of a large amount of stamina, Atlas is able to swing his shield, staggering large enemies (Heavy Grineer, Larger MOAs) and ragdolling away smaller ones.

Capsize – 50 Energy

“Atlas pulls the surrounding surface area towards him, catching enemies off-balance and then violently whips up, letting loose the ground and sending enemies flying into the air”

This ability is used in a two-part stage. First Atlas grips the ground and sort of ‘distorts’ or ‘warps’ it as he grabs it and pulls it inward, creating a sort of pulling force and giving a 100% chance to knockdown enemies. This part does very little damage as it is used to mainly stun enemies. The second part is akin to forcefully grabbing a fabric of some sort, and then letting it loose into the air. In this case, Atlas uproots the ground, causing any enemies that were stunned OR ENTERED INTO THE EFFECT RADIUS to be thrown into the air.

Mass Driver – 75 Energy

"Atlas targets a single enemy and pulls it into melee range, only to forcefully slam it and cause it to fly with the speed of a bullet"

This ability will pull in a single enemy using Atlas' gauntlets and then Atlas charges up his fist, slamming the enemy and making him fly back WITH THE SPEED, OF TEN THOUSAND HAMMURRRRRRRS. Any enemies in the vincinity of the falcon-pawnched enemy will suffer a flat damage based on the skill, and variable damage based on the type of the enemy. For Grineer, well you can probably figure out which one's the heaviest...; For Corpus, it goes from Ospreys(light) to MOAs (heavy). For infested... I'm pretty sure you can also figure that out. So this ability, all in all, is best used to takedown heavy enemies with a bit of collateral to weaker enemies.

Impact/Death From Above - 100 Energy

"Atlas grabs a single enemy, and hurls them high above him. Leaping up to the same height as the enemy, Atlas grabs them and divebombs back down to the ground, dealing massive AoE damage."

This ability has a very considerable charge-up animation. Furthermore, Atlas is vulnerable a few moments afterwards for him to recompose himself after the divebomb. Impact causes Atlas to grab a single enemy (must be locked onto an enemy, and the grab range is quite small), throw him into the air, and grab and divebomb back down, creating a large impact crater, knocking down enemies, and creating a heavy dust cloud for effect. Enemies that survive experience shock (greatly reduced accuracy). This can be used on bosses, however enemies in the animation cannot be damaged.

As I said before, in consequence to Atlas’ forceful abilities, they all require quite a bit of power that Atlas is limited to, even when he reaches level 30. For this reason, the use of Flow is extremely recommended. Finally, Atlas’ ability animations take quite a bit of time, especially Impact, which takes the longest charge up animation out of all the ultimate's, and also leaves Atlas immobile during the animation and slightly after the animation as he catches/recomposes his strength. He is not immune during any of his animations. Additionally, Capsize, Impact, and Mass Driver create considerable screen shake.

In case you haven’t noticed yet, Atlas was supposed to be a “Earth” based warframe, and I put that term out there very lightly. I eventually decided to scrap most of his earth-based abilities and make him basically a "Juggernaut" whose main purpose was to stun, and boast a high Health and Shield capacity without the use of mods (but with mods...you'll find that Atlas is more than capable by himself on the harder missions).

So leave any comments/suggestions/TOO OP NEED NURF PLAWKS down below. [De]constructive criticism is appreciated :D

Edited by DarknightK

health stats is abit...too nerfed, but yea lol. thou i dont think it would fit the idea of it being space ninja if its too large and moves too slow despite the pros of it being a heavy tank. Pressure's energy should cost 25 as by the looks of it, it seems more appropriate for it to be the first move. good idea, and i like it, as the pros would be it being a great heavy tanker and be great for defense missions lol. you have my +1 for it :) but on the other hand, the cons is that it would be too slow due to his heavy and massive stature, so i would have to say, no for it.

Edited by asurako989

Good Idea but no thanks. We have to many other elemental based frames. I wanna see more commando style frames or have ones in Kubota armor. I see you took the time to write it all out and good on you.

To be honest, I never really imagined him as an "Earth" based warframe despite his abilities, I just wanted to experiment with his size (since all frames are the same size, due to story issues) and his abilities kind of stemmed out from his design plan. His passive effects kinda introduce a new chip on the table for the design team to start thinking about some passive traits for each warframe, which is what I also intended to achieve with this. I'm also curious, how do you envision a commando warframe? This has gotten me thinking (dear god not again) on a potential warframe idea.

health stats is abit...too nerfed, but yea lol. thou i dont think it would fit the idea of it being space ninja if its too large and moves too slow despite the pros of it being a heavy tank. Pressure's energy should cost 25 as by the looks of it, it seems more appropriate for it to be the first move. good idea, and i like it, as the pros would be it being a great heavy tanker and be great for defense missions lol. you have my +1 for it :) but on the other hand, the cons is that it would be too slow due to his heavy and massive stature, so i would have to say, no for it.

Sadly this is one of the things I expected to see.

Yes, he's pretty bulky, which completely negates the Tenno theme, and Atlas is more 'out-of-story' than some other frames. I mainly attempted to experiment with his size, and hopefully someone may decide to design a warframe with a smaller stature than the average warframe (to which has gotten me started on another idea...) I didn't want any of his skills to be lower than 50 due to the trade-off he gets for his more-than-ample Health and shield supply, and plus his passive traits he gets for being a @(*()$ titan. I was kinda inspired by Rhino and Frost and how peeps were like "ERMERGERD ITS NOT A SPAYCE NINJA ENUFF PLZ REWORK DE LOL" I guess this is what happens when you take it to one extreme :D

You said he suffered in shield recharge speed, but from the stats you show, his shields recharge 2x faster than any warframe besides prime warframes. His health also seems very OP. His energy pool is also very large, the highest for a warframe to have at start. It seems that he has all of the best stats, except for speed. Earthquake is also strikingly similar to Rhino Stomp. It also seems that this warframe would fall off a wall if he/she attempted to wallrun :P. 

You said he suffered in shield recharge speed, but from the stats you show, his shields recharge 2x faster than any warframe besides prime warframes. His health also seems very OP. His energy pool is also very large, the highest for a warframe to have at start. It seems that he has all of the best stats, except for speed. Earthquake is also strikingly similar to Rhino Stomp. It also seems that this warframe would fall off a wall if he/she attempted to wallrun :P. 

Wait, so the higher the number for shield recharge, the quicker shields regen?

S#&$, I had hoped for the opposite effect, he's supposed to have half the shield recharge of the average warframe xD

I'll change that right now, along with scaling the power down to 100, which I thought I had already done...

I was originally thinking of disallowing Atlas to wallrun, but then thought that Wall running is actually necessary in some rooms that have a vent exit (I'm looking at you Grineer tilesets).

Or he could just go juggernaut and ram through the walls, but in perspective of the game engine's limitation... :p

That's what I thought about Earthquake when making it, I guess Capsize already fufills the stunlock thing, so I'll see if I can revamp his ult into something more 'void'-y to reinforce that he's not an Earth based warframe.

Thanks for your input!