Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revamping Rescue And Capture Missions (A Little)

DarknightK

I'd like to put my 15 cents on the table, along with any other mission type ideas that have been suggested in relation to these two mission types. What I'm suggesting is purely in the gameplay aspect of these two missions, nothing reward-based or any extraneous endgame objective.

Somehow, I find it odd that the Corpus/Grineer leave their Captain's alone while Tenno are hacking and slashing their way to the Captain's control room... I have a few suggestions that may change the gameplay aspect of this mission:

-Captain design change
-Guarded by a lot of enemies, last ditch effort.
+ Enemies get harder at higher difficulties
-Captain is armed with a Lex/Kraken (Corpus/Grineer)
-Tries to make an escape after 1/2 of the guards are killed to an escape pod near the overlooking hangar.
-Hunt him down and lead him to extraction after you get him low on HP

-He'll be in the rear of a squad of enemies, which differ in setups, but most likely follow in this order

+ At least 1-3 Heavy types, 4-6 Normal types

+ As difficulty increases, expect more 'Heavy oriented' Captain rooms.

-One way to prevent his escape is task 1-2 players to destroy the escape pod, which is likewise guarded (with somewhat less heavy troopers and more "normal" and maybe a few "light" archetypes)

Lotus Dialogue:
"The Captain is escaping, do not let him leave the ship"
"Hurry Tenno, capture the Captain before he leaves the ship"
"Ensure that our VIP does not escape/leave the ship" (En route to command deck)
"The Captain is guarded by elite forces, prepare yourselves Tenno" (En route)
"Our target got away, we'll have to try next time"
"Mission failed, the VIP got away"
"Excellent work Tenno, now lead the captive to extraction"
"Good job Tenno, ensure the captive's safe arrival to extraction"

In infested rescue missions, the Captain's deck is locked down and must be hacked with a nearby security console to open it. There is a slight chance that the room will already be open with several faction corpses of whatever faction the captain belongs to and some infested corpses laying around, with the captain already at 10% HP and willing to surrender.

Rescue Mission Addition

There is a chance that instead of the usual "infiltrate and free the prisoner" you have a prisoner who is being transported by said enemy faction that appears on the mission screen, but their ship is under seige by the opposing faction's ship. You are dropped on the ship of the faction that the mission is advertised (I.e. Sedna, Hydra: Grineer) but at times, parts of the ship explode and create vacuumed rooms by natural (these only likely occur in small rooms, for gameplay purposes). The background is overall similar to the "Exploding Munitions" hazard, with faction corpses strewn around, and a lesser-than-average number of troopers of that particular faction. However, troops will not cease to spawn, and there is a high chance that you may run into a crossfire between a large team (3-4 squads) of troopers against each other. Naturally, they will not focus on the Tenno until either one faction is decimated, should players linger around, or until the Tenno dispatch a considerable number of one of the teams.

On infested missions, an infested ship is under siege likewise by both factions, causing all three factions to appear simultaneously in a free-for-all type of deal. Similar aspects from the above apply to the infested version as well

/DISCUSSNAAAAAO