Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Emblem - Recent Change Of Opacity

FuzzyYeti

So I'm wondering why there was a change to the clan emblems being solid instead of semi-transparent. Me and my own clan loved it how it was originally.

READ:

embelm01.jpg

emblem02.jpg

Please guys, make this aware to DE. I know they're still fidgetting with things, so now's out best chance to get the best out of our emblems.

Edited by FuzzyYeti

I dunno, did they fix the transparency issue that many clans were having trying to make their emblem show up properly? I know plenty of people got their emblems put up, but all the dark colors were transparent, and all the transparent parts were in white. It pissed off a lot of people, if this fixed that issue, I don't mind the new look.

signed I'd rather people have the emblems they actually want.

Zylo the Wolfbane

I think Gigatron has a valid point. I'm paying $10 for something that is free is 99.9% MMORPGs, so we should be getting exactly what we want on a case-by-case basis. I know it might be asking a lot, but maybe more options with our purchuse is better.

@homiedude Thanks! I appreciate the compliment. Some shameless self promotion here, but if you're curious about us we're are located here on the interwebs: http://www.rawr-gaming.com if you so wish to check us out :)

Edited by FuzzyYeti

Do u really have to manually convert the image to a 128x128 .PGN file? idk how to do that stuff. do they automatically convert it? if not how would i manually do all of that? 

I used photoshop and saved it out as a PNG. DE wont do it for you. A number of programs have that ability. I think even Paint on Windows 7 has that ability

Is their anyplace on the forum that has the breakdown of exactly what the PNG file can have in it? can it include a transparancy? can this transparancy be on a gradient. ETC ETC

been looking for a bit and can't find a guide.

Is their anyplace on the forum that has the breakdown of exactly what the PNG file can have in it? can it include a transparancy? can this transparancy be on a gradient. ETC ETC

been looking for a bit and can't find a guide.

I will confirm that yes to both. I tried it on a whim and know a fair amount about graphic design and if they're using PNG file formats, it retains all transparancy saved from the file. Just make sure when you're saving it out that you include Alpha channels when you save if there is the option. If there isn't an option there's a good chance it automatically saved them out for you. PNG is known for being one of the better formats to retain the best image quality with alpha channels (transparancy) so it makes sense that it isn't an issue. Prime example is the default lotus symbol for the clan emblem.

There really isn't a need for a guide as it's pretty straight forward, but if you have more questions, I would just contact DE and ask.

Edited by FuzzyYeti

Dunno, if this is a compromise to make png transparency actually be transparent ingame, I'm fine with it. I assume you have to make the png partially transparent to get what you had before, tho not sure ofc.

You have a cool emblem tho, props for that ^^

Im not very experianced at all with photo editing. Would someone with more photo editing experiance be willing to look over my best attempt at my clan's emblem? I think it should turn out correctly but im not confident in it with a 150 plat cost....

Dunno, if this is a compromise to make png transparency actually be transparent ingame, I'm fine with it. I assume you have to make the png partially transparent to get what you had before, tho not sure ofc.

You have a cool emblem tho, props for that ^^

I was thinking about that, but I personally think it's a little unfair to pay an entire extra 150 plat just to drop the opacity of the PNG emblem and resubmit just to make it look the way it was. Can any DE people chime in on this?

Also thanks again for your kind compliments :)

• 2 weeks later...

Do the PNGs maintain the alpha channel when you upload them? If so, and if anyone needs somebody to it Photoshopped, I'd be happy to do it for them.

The channel is used tho the results vary from the preview. It's pretty much a shot in the dark. Usually the in-game opacity is higher (so less transparent) than preview. Gonna upload some examples later.

Anyway DE should implement an opacity option in-game.

Edited  by Toran

Sorry, I didn't manage to get the pics working by editing my first reply.

So here's the result with our clan emblem. I created the thing on 24th of July. Click the pictures for full resolution.

emblem0p.jpg

Preview - shows the high transparency of the alpha channel.

emblem1p.jpg

similar lighting as in preview, bloom enabled.

emblem2p.jpg

same position, bloom disabled.

emblem3p.jpg

close up, bloom disabled

When comparing the preview and the last picture I really wonder if they use the alpha channel or a fixed opacity. After all there is transparency tho it's far lower than in preview.