Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan'frame: Shiva - Energy / Matter Conversion Gunplay Frame

SilverBones

Fan’Frame: Shiva

Concept: Primarily, this design comes from the roots of the Drone’Frame I submitted for the Design Council submission before it became Nova. Seeing as Drones did not seem to be in the scope of what the developers saw as ‘cannon’, I reworked the concept to be a Frame capable of manipulating energy and creating simplistic constructs and effects, used more to buff their abilities and use as weapons. This then became a Frame centered on gunplay and augmenting the firearms of the Frame. Seeing as a ‘gunplay’ and ‘drone’ frame seemed to be up-voted by the community, it seemed natural to synergize the concepts as the powers complement each other very well.

Image:

shiva_zps56ea2648.jpg

Description: Modeled after the god of Creation and Destruction, Shiva is a mobile, asymmetric frame made partially of abstract armor and exposed undersides that shift pattern in a glow of holographic flicker. This glow covers up the smooth under frame below and shines out from the missing parts of more built-up armor slats. Energy flickers in and about these ‘exposed’ parts, even images or text can sometimes be seen, but they act more as a generator for the energy conversion process to semi-translucent matter.

Shiva is a powerful combatant, master of creation and destruction. By using energy constructs to augment its firearms, Shiva is a high-skill Warframe with a wide array of fire support and devastating aggression.

Powers:

1) Imprison: (25 Energy) Throwing a shard of energy at the target, the victim is imprisoned in a construct of light. If left untouched, the prison will flicker out and release its prisoner unharmed. However if the prison is attacked by Tenno or their enemies, it becomes unstable. When the time runs out, an unstable prison will explode, causing damage based on how much punishment the prison took.

Duration: 5/6/7/8 Seconds (Modded by Continuity)

Damage: 50%/60%/70%/80% of damage received on explosion (Modded by Focus)

2) Mimic Orb: (50 Energy) Summoning these energy orbs to orbit around the Shiva’s weapons causes them to fire a replica of the bullets, adding to the weapon’s multishot rating, but not multiplying additional damage from elemental types. This includes natural AP from weapons such as the Paris or Boltor.

Duration: 20/25/30/35 Seconds (Modded by Continuity)

Effect: 20%/30%/40%/50% Multishot Bonus (Modded by Focus)

3) Siege Array: (75 Energy) This power summons a heavy, hard hitting cannon made of solidified energy which replaces their weapons set. Each shot causes a massive blast and lots of recoil, but also ignores armor and deals heavy damage to a single target. Speed is reduced by half when using this power and has limited shots within its time limit. Gradually the weapon destabilizes and disappears.

Shots: 2/3/4/5 (Modded by Continuity)

Duration: 20/25/30/35 Seconds (Modded by Continuity)

Damage: 200/250/300/350 per shot (Modded by Focus)

4) Aegis Core: (100 Energy) By wrapping itself in armor made of solidified energy, the Shiva becomes a walking weapons platform. This replaces all of the Tenno’s weapons and changes their appearance to look like a much more armored, semi-transparent Tenno. When firing their weapon, the Tenno will instead fire a barrage of unstable energy towards the target, causing small explosions and splash damage. This power also increases shield regeneration and using the main weapon does not cost ammo.

Duration: 10/15/20/25 Seconds (Modded by Continuity)

Damage: Undecided, based on splash damage and impact (Modded by Focus)

Edited by SilverBones

In truth the name conjures up a different image for me, but that is probably because I was a student of religious studies before I was a much more involved gamer. I can see why an audience of gamers would see the female, icy skin of some scantily clad summon, but there is so much more to the concept!

Shiva was the god of Destruction and Rebirth, a pure being who is often depicted destroying demons and meditating. Although there were many interpretations of his background and purview, he is often associated with purity, destruction and discipline. Given that this game seems to delve into Eastern Myth and concepts, I figured it would actually be a much more pure form of the concept, as really the FF summon has very little to do with the original Hindu god.

As a side note, Shiva is also a terms used in Judaism for helping someone to grieve.

In truth the name conjures up a different image for me, but that is probably because I was a student of religious studies before I was a much more involved gamer. I can see why an audience of gamers would see the female, icy skin of some scantily clad summon, but there is so much more to the concept!

Shiva was the god of Destruction and Rebirth, a pure being who is often depicted destroying demons and meditating. Although there were many interpretations of his background and purview, he is often associated with purity, destruction and discipline. Given that this game seems to delve into Eastern Myth and concepts, I figured it would actually be a much more pure form of the concept, as really the FF summon has very little to do with the original Hindu god.

As a side note, Shiva is also a terms used in Judaism for helping someone to grieve.

D &D and FF have generally done that

Bahamut for example has nothing to do with Dragons in the original context... A giant fish thing that holds up the world.

Yet the depiction of the King of dragons has pretty much overshadowed the giant fish.

D &D and FF have generally done that

Bahamut for example has nothing to do with Dragons in the original context... A giant fish thing that holds up the world.

Yet the depiction of the King of dragons has pretty much overshadowed the giant fish.

Absolutely. That is the thing about cultural growth in regards to the use of a name. Religion mirrors that in a very bizarre, eclectic way.

I guess I wanted to take the name back to its roots. Granted many gamers are going to see Shiva as an Ice-goddess, but that does not mean it cannot be used in its original meaning or context;

Shiva, the creator and destroyer. The Pure One.

Absolutely. That is the thing about cultural growth in regards to the use of a name. Religion mirrors that in a very bizarre, eclectic way.

I guess I wanted to take the name back to its roots. Granted many gamers are going to see Shiva as an Ice-goddess, but that does not mean it cannot be used in its original meaning or context;

Shiva, the creator and destroyer. The Pure One.

With the internet and Rule 34... keep dreaming Silver :D

• 2 months later...

Shiva is not actually credited with Creation.  That's Brahma.  You're looking at just destruction.  I really like this concept and would love to see it put into game, but I don't think that anything that changes an allies loadout even temporarily is good.  Rhino roar buff and Shiva's 2 is okay, but if the ult changes allied weaponry, then you're looking at infringing upon other's gameplay.  Kinda how they removed Vauban's 4's pull from allies.

Btw, I actually AM Hindu, so I like to think I know what I'm talking about when I'm talking about my own religion.
And FF completely ruined Shiva's name/face/body/powers/elements attributed with him.

ON that note, however, sometimes Shiva is portrayed as half male and half female... because perfect being and all that.

Edited by Sadisticnerd

Thank you, you just brought Green Lantern to Warframe, and I love that. +1

I'd love to play this frame and I think that the design would be a great challenge for the devs. The whole abstract armor and the abilities could add new graphics.

Edited by matto

Shiva is not actually credited with Creation.  That's Brahma.  You're looking at just destruction.  I really like this concept and would love to see it put into game, but I don't think that anything that changes an allies loadout even temporarily is good.  Rhino roar buff and Shiva's 2 is okay, but if the ult changes allied weaponry, then you're looking at infringing upon other's gameplay.  Kinda how they removed Vauban's 4's pull from allies.

Btw, I actually AM Hindu, so I like to think I know what I'm talking about when I'm talking about my own religion.

And FF completely ruined Shiva's name/face/body/powers/elements attributed with him.

ON that note, however, sometimes Shiva is portrayed as half male and half female... because perfect being and all that.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate the insight of someone who was raised or is a practicing Hindu and also understands the core concept of the name over the FF illustration. I also understand that the ‘Vanilla’ concept of Shiva is the destroyer, with Brahma and Vishnu also taking roles in the triad, but I also know that there are various schools of Shivanism that have stories of Shiva going out on his own to create, destroy and rebuild under his own steam. Much like Christianity has many forms and variations on its stories and interpretations, Hinduism likewise shares various views on its deities; and that is the kind of side-line version of Shiva I am referring to.

What I really love about Shiva is that he is an amalgamation – and sometimes a theological absorption - of lots of Hindu gods, including fertility, destruction, demon slaying, yoga, meditation and even agriculture. Oddly what got me into Shivanism and the Hindu religion in general over the other religions I studied was 3x3 Eyes. I can’t say I know everything about any given religion – even my own – but all of them (Sikhism, Judaism, Christianity, etc.) Hinduism has the most wondrous imagery in my eyes, followed by the visions of Ezekiel when he saw the Cherubim.

You are very lucky to be raised in such a rich theology, sir!

As a side note: the powers that change out the weapons apply only to him. The rest of the team would be unaffected.

Thank you, you just brought Green Lantern to Warframe, and I love that. +1

I'd love to play this frame and I think that the design would be a great challenge for the devs. The whole abstract armor and the abilities could add new graphics.

Never thought of it like that. LOL

In truth, the abstract idea of powers was the pushing force for me. I don't think this is my greatest concept, but was certainly the most... unusual.

Colored redesign coming soon.

I am not sure I like the lack of bulk. Shiva was a divine warrior and physically superior. I think I may redesign him as a tall, imposing figure; regal and kingly. Not bulky like Rhino, but more of a Sagat to Zangeif.

We'll see how it turns out I guess LOL

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your input. I appreciate the insight of someone who was raised or is a practicing Hindu and also understands the core concept of the name over the FF illustration. I also understand that the ‘Vanilla’ concept of Shiva is the destroyer, with Brahma and Vishnu also taking roles in the triad, but I also know that there are various schools of Shivanism that have stories of Shiva going out on his own to create, destroy and rebuild under his own steam. Much like Christianity has many forms and variations on its stories and interpretations, Hinduism likewise shares various views on its deities; and that is the kind of side-line version of Shiva I am referring to.

What I really love about Shiva is that he is an amalgamation – and sometimes a theological absorption - of lots of Hindu gods, including fertility, destruction, demon slaying, yoga, meditation and even agriculture. Oddly what got me into Shivanism and the Hindu religion in general over the other religions I studied was 3x3 Eyes. I can’t say I know everything about any given religion – even my own – but all of them (Sikhism, Judaism, Christianity, etc.) Hinduism has the most wondrous imagery in my eyes, followed by the visions of Ezekiel when he saw the Cherubim.

You are very lucky to be raised in such a rich theology, sir!

As a side note: the powers that change out the weapons apply only to him. The rest of the team would be unaffected.

Never thought of it like that. LOL

In truth, the abstract idea of powers was the pushing force for me. I don't think this is my greatest concept, but was certainly the most... unusual.

Sorry I'm just getting to this now, but this frame was one concept that I really actually liked... a lot.

Thanks, I love my culture too, and I agree with the fact that in different sects, Shiva is attributed with a lot of things (you forgot dance!).

The imagery in Hinduism IS very sophisticated, as you said, and I agree that it's quite impressive how deep it actually goes.  

• 4 months later...