Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Some New Stalkers

Aeshi

For the purposes of this post, "Stalker" refers to all the Stalkers collectively, while "Stalker Prime" refers to THE Stalker currently in the game (Primes are the originals, and he is the original Stalker)

An idea I came up with for some new Stalkers (and by extension, new items), which Stalker attacks you is determined by what types of mission you have done recently. The Stalkers (and their gear) are:

EDIT: Added Spoilers to make it easier to read, added a minor note regarding Tengu's version of Chaos

Stalker Prime:

The Stalker currently in the game. He is more likely to show up if you've done Assassination or Exterminate missions recently (and could be given a new "I will avenge the dead of [Mission Name]!" line or something for this)

He would get Radial Javelin to buff him up a bit, but otherwise nothing would be changed.

Tengu:

Swiftest of the Stalkers, Tengu is a devious Trickster with the powers of both Loki and Nyx, which she uses to confuse her targets before moving in for the kill. She is more likely to show up if you've done Deception or Sabotage missions recently. Slightly faster than Stalker Prime, but also a tad more fragile.

Appearance:

Similar to Nyx, but with Dark-blue markings as opposed to Nyx's bright teal ones. Her helmet resembles Loki's Swindle Helm, but lacks the topmost prongs, in addition to having a slight protrusion from the front of the helmet that gives it a pointy 'nose' of sorts.

Abilities:

Invisibility

Psychic Bolts

Chaos*

Radial Disarm

*Due to mental training, Tenno are resistant to Chaos and as such it merely disrupts their HUD like an Ancient Disruptor rather than brainwashing them. Or alternatively:

I think the Chaos ability mentioned should work like this:

It shrouds player vision, and all entities are replaced with a red filter, that way you don't know who is friend or foe.

Primary Weapon:

Tengu's primary weapon of choice is the Gambit SMG, resembling a smaller, bulkier Braton. It does around 30-35 Damage per shot, and fires quite fast with a RoF of about 12, but a combination of a small 25-30 round mag and poor accuracy (a mere 8) make it almost strictly a short-range weapon.

Secondary Weapon:

Tengu's secondary weapons, the Chakrams, are small metal throwing rings that work similar to the Kunai, or Stalker Prime's own Despair. Unlike these weapons however, each Chakram must be charged before it is thrown, and while this reduces their RoF (a mere 1.5-2, compared to Kunai/Despair's 3), it also grants them vastly increased damage (100 per shot), and their greater weight also gives them a chance to stagger enemies hit by them. They would deal either Armor Piercing of Blade damage (not sure which)

Melee Weapon:

Tengu's melee weapons are the Dual Cobras, a pair of daggers. Stat-wise they are similar to the regular Fangs, but trade some damage (10 base damage, as opposed to Fang's 15) in return for a Poison DoT on hit, similar to the Mire. Appearance wise they resemble a pair of slightly longer Dark Daggers with dark blue markings.

Tactics:

Prefers to go invisible and try to backstab enemies with the Cobras (or if that isn't an option, emptying a clip of SMG fire into them), while using Chaos to make sure any nearby enemies attack the Tenno and not her. Once she gets low enough on health she'll start using Radial Disarm to rob nearby Tenno of their non-melee weapons for a few seconds as well.

If the players are smart enough to keep their distance, she will simply start using Psychic Bolts to flush them out of hiding while whittling away at them with her Chakrams.

Example Lines:

"You seem to enjoy breaking other peoples things, the soldiers of [Mission Name] can attest to that" (First Whisper)

"Let us see if you enjoy it as much when it is you who is left broken..." (Second Whisper)

"You may hide in the Shadows, but the Shadows. Are. Mine!" (Upon spawing)

"You are good, [Name], but not as good as I!" (Upon killing a player)

"You... Have beaten me... I cannot believe it..." (Upon Defeat)

Oni:

Oni combines sheer brute force with an animalistic cunning to defeat those s/he sees as in the wrong. S/he is more likely to show up if you've done Capture or Raid missions recently. Slightly less mobile than Stalker Prime, but also a good deal tougher.

Appearance:

A combination of Rhino's bulk and Trinity's Samurai-eque aesthetic, with a dark black and dark green colour scheme.

Abilities:

Rhino Charge

Link

Roar

Blessing

Primary Weapon:

Oni's Primary Weapon is a Bolt shotgun known as the Hydra. Firing 6 bolts per shot and having 35 damage per bolt grants the Hydra a whopping 210 damage per shot, but this sheer burst damage comes at the cost of wide spread, below average fire rate, and a small 2-shot clip (though a fast 1.25-1.5 reload speed helps make up for that last one somewhat)

It looks fairly similar to the Boltor and Bolto, but its texture is more metallic, as opposed to the bony appearance of the other Bolt weapons.

Secondary Weapon:

The Frostbite is Oni's secondary weapon. In most regards it is quite similar to the Acrid, but has less damage (17, to the Acrid's 25) and no Poison DoT. In return it has gained a small AoE, and creates a short-lived cloud (2 seconds at most) of Freezing gas where its projectiles hit. Appearance-wise it is similar to the Acrid, but filled with Cryo Fluid and has the same aesthetic as Tenno weapons like the Braton.

Melee Weapon:

Oni's melee weapon, the Scourge, is at first glance simply a slower, more damaging Jaw Sword, but the difference becomes more apparent with its charge attack, which detaches the blade as the Tenno swings it while still remaining attached to the hilt via a wire, allowing the wielder to harpoon any distant foes and draw them close for a proper slashing. Appearance wise it resembles a thicker, broadsword-like Dark Sword, with a pair of 'claws' holding the blade onto the hilt, and detaching for the charge attack.

Tactics:

Uses Rhino Charge to close the gap, and then slows down enemies with Frostbit before finishing them off with a few burst from his/her Hydra, while doing his best to keep Link active. When nearly dead s/he will usually activate Roar and Blessing in quick succession before going on a rampage. Anyone who tries to retreat will find themselves reeled in by Scourge and promptly stabbed.

Example Lines:

"You smash open the walls of [Mission name] and take whatever you want, is that it?" (First Whisper)

"You think just because you're stronger than them makes you somehow better?" (Second Whisper)

"You seem to believe might makes right, let us see who is right once and for all!" (Upon Spawning)

"It seems like I am right, and you are not, [Name]" (Upon killing a player)

"I have been defeated fairly... I depart/submit." (Upon defeat)

Warlock:

The most cunning of the Stalkers, Warlock prefers to take out his/her prey quickly, and from a distance. S/he is more likely to show up if you've done Mobile Defense or Spy missions recently. Has more-or-less the same stats as Stalker Prime.

Appearance:

A darker Saryn with a gold trim, along the same 'Pottery' texture as Nova.

Abilities:

Molt

Antimatter Drop

Wormhole

Miasma

Primary Weapon:

Warlocks primary weapon is the Trident, a hybrid of Seer and Burston. At 35 damage per shot, and 4 shots for each pull of the trigger, the Trident can quite easily leave an enemy hurting in good hands that know how to compensate for its below-average bullet speed, but a 36-shot clip and a 2.5 second reload time means you need to be careful with your shots. Appearance wise it is a bulkier Burston with various Orokin parts on it.

Secondary Weapon:

For when enemies are too close for comfort, Warlock carries his trusty Wyvern, a Bronco that trades what little mag size it had (it has a 1-shot "clip") and some reload speed (1.5 seconds, to Broncos 1 second) in exchange for more damage (25 damage per pellet, 6 pellets for an overall damage of 150, to the Bronco's 105) and, most importantly, the ability to knockdown on hit, assuming at least 3 pellets hit the target and that they are not too far away. Appearance wise the Wyvern resembles a large Flintlock pistol.

Melee Weapon:

Warlocks melee weapon of choice is the Rune, a bladed pole-arm similar to Orthos albeit with thinner, longer blades that almost cover the whole shaft. Its blades grant it more reach and damage (55 to Orthos's 45), as well as changing the damage type to armor piercing. But as a result the blades are also a tad more fragile, and must not be swung as fast (attack speed is a mere 0.8), lest they break.

Tactics:

Uses Molt to make a decoy, sets up a short distance away and blasts anyone who comes to investigate with the Trident (or failing that, an Antimatter drop or two.) S/he prefers to fight from a distance, and if any enemies attempt to close the gap s/he will usually try to blast them with X to stagger them before fleeing via Wormhole or running away (sometimes leaving a Miasma behind to soften pursuers up as s/he does so)

Example Lines:

"I see you. Scurrying around delivering [Mission Names] secrets to your mistress like good little pawns." (First Whisper)

"Ever stopped to wonder precisely what she has in mind for us all? or has she taught you better than to question her?" (Second Whisper)

"Come. Let death free you from her servitude." (Upon Spawning)

"The Lotus cannot save you now, [Name]!" (Upon killing a player)

"No. I can't die... I... won't... die..." (Upon defeat)

Rescue and Endless Defence missions do not have any particular Stalker associated with them.

On rare occasion, one of the Stalkers will drop a Black Tower Key. When used this key takes the users to a special Orokin tower consisting of 3 rooms. The spawn point, an arena, and the evac point, all connected by long corridors.

When the players enter the mission Lotus will say something is jamming her before contact is lost. As the players head to the arena they will hear each of the Stalkers remark on being slightly impressed they found their hideout.

When the arena is entered one of the following happens depending on the number of players:

1 Player:

The player must fight each Stalker one by one, each teleporting out and allowing the next Stalker to arrive when they hit around 25% health. When the last Stalker has been beaten in this manner all 4 teleport in to attack (still at 25% health). The player gets some health, ammo & energy between 'rounds' to keep this from becoming too hard to solo.

2 Players:

Similar to 1-Player mode, but the Stalkers come out in 2 waves of 2, and then all come at at once, has the same after-round supplies as 1-player mode

3-4 Players:

All 4 Stalkers come out  right at the start, let the bloodshed begin!

Once all the Stalkers are defeated, Lotus is un-jammed and congratulates you on your victory. Rewards are similar to a T3 tower (plus whatever BPs the Stalkers themselves dropped), but also includes a special material that can be used to build various Stalker statues at the Dojo.

Edited by Aeshi

Chaos wouldn't really work (you lose control of your character, and it starts attacking your teammates?), but other than that, YES!!

I think the Chaos ability mentioned should work like this:

It shrouds player vision, and all entities are replaced with a red filter, that way you don't know who is friend or foe.

Please, separate each stalker type with a spoiler, use [spoilerX]text[/spoilerX]

Remove the X, it will make the thread easier and more pleasant to the eye.

Sorry about that, I was trying Spoilers earlier and they didn't seem to work, I've just now realized that they were getting bolded because of where I pasted (and that apparently stops the spoiler tag from working?)

Chaos wouldn't really work (you lose control of your character, and it starts attacking your teammates?), but other than that, YES!!

I could've sworn I added a note saying Tengu's Chaos merely disrupts the HUD like a Disruptor does. Turns out I didn't (but I have now)

Edited by Aeshi

I could've sworn I added a note saying Tengu's Chaos merely disrupts the HUD like a Disruptor does. Turns out I didn't

Well in that case, keep it in :D

Or use PsychedelicSnake's idea about everyone appearing the same

Or both XD

• 4 months later...