Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Vigor Mod's Polarity....

SicSlaver

Might be the point, 'forcing' you to pick a bit more.

Might also be so people don't just flat our replace one of their existing redirections or vitality.

I don't understand how it forces you to pick more. The - polarity covers 40% of warframe mods, but when it comes to useful/popular mods it covers probably 80% of them.

I also hate that the polarities are arbitrary. It makes buying and using Forma into a total gamble.

I buffer tank a few frames with +HP and +Shields to be flexible for nightmare. It was an OBVIOUS choice to go D for Forma. Now they put in +HP/+Shield and I have to re-level my frame and use up another Forma to do the same thing?

I could kind of let this go if dual mods had their own polarity, since they save slots and that's a net gain of one slot if you're removing two mods to put in one, but that's not what we're doing. This has been given an existing polarity type that conflicts with other mods on existing polarity types. The whole system seems arbitrary and that is such a waste.

I don't understand how it forces you to pick more. The - polarity covers 40% of warframe mods, but when it comes to useful/popular mods it covers probably 80% of them.

Exactly, most people will have say, 2 pol's with the - but say, want 3 mods with the polarity. That's how.

Dear DE,

No one has the mods yet. It's not too late to fix it's polarity and make it a D. Please do it before it's too late.

^ This.

I was just about to post a forum about this. This mod NEEDS to be changed to a D before it's too late. I plan on replacing all my redirection and vitality with just Vigor, but the fact that it's a - polarity means I'll be forced to forma a D polarity to a - which makes zero sense considering it's a defense/ survival based mod.

For consistency, please change this mod to a D polarity.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93537-the-new-vigor-mods-polarity/

Look at the list, there are 8 warframes with "-" slot and 8 with "D". They are pretty even in numbers. If you change the mod from "D" to "-", what about warframe that has "-" but not "D"?

In the end you cant make everyone happy so the best to leave it as it is. Player can forma if they have problem with any polarity. Keep it this way so we have defense mod for both "-" and "D" situations.

If a warframe has "-" slots player can use Vigor.

If a warframe has "D" slots player can use Redirection/Vitilaty.

Look at the list, there are 8 warframes with "-" slot and 8 with "D". They are pretty even in numbers. If you change the mod from "D" to "-", what about warframe that has "-" but not "D"?

In the end you cant make everyone happy so the best to leave it as it is. Player can forma if they have problem with any polarity. Keep it this way so we have defense mod for both "-" and "D" situations.

That's not the point.

There is quite enough - mods around, and most are pretty useful too (who doesn't use flow?).

"Lore"-wise, D polarities are used for defensive-esque mods, such as redirection, vitality, armor... And guess what, this hybrid mod mixes redirection and vitality, which are both D slots

Hey! They changed it.

Look at the defense mods. 16% resistance to one type of damage? That is so useless. Meanwhile, mods like flow, rush, streamline, stretch are all popular mods.

But.. Redirection is far, far stronger than Vigor.. The only point to using Vigor would be to use it to complement Redirection or if you want to be an hp tank for some reason.

Redirection and Vitality are both much stronger than Vigor, but Vigor fills the space of allowing the use of both mods in one card, if you decide you want to put more emphasis on Ability buffs or Rush mods.