Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Weapon Idea: Nano Spore Javelin [Primary]

Karma_Ghost

I was just reading a thread on throwing weapons as primaries and thought of a way of storing and deploying such a weapon. Here's the basic idea.

Name: Superbia (Pride, 7 Deadly Sins)

Model: A bracer or gauntlet with a tube running along the length of the arm connected to a small tank on the back. A nozzle-like structure is found near the the wrist, facing the palm.

Alternate Model: A manica (full arm armor) with small nano spore storage cells along its entire length. A nozzle-like structure is found near the wrist, facing the palm.

Projectile Model: Javelin made of nano spores arranged in a lattice structure to maximize volume for spores used. 

Mechanic: This is a charged primary weapon that uses a highly accelerated tissue engineering process to turn Nano Spores into deadly weapons. Nano spore javelins would be formed directly in the user's hand, like a faster, disgusting, 3D printer. The longer the weapon is charged, the larger and more damaging the spear becomes (3 or 4 charge levels). However, this additional damage comes at the cost of having shorter range and lower velocity, because the user has to physically throw it. To offset the reduced range of a thrown weapon compared to bows, the javelins would have a faster base charge time and little to no reload* (0-0.2 sec) and higher damage.

*The charge is the reload, as each javelin has to be constructed before it is thrown.

Additional notes: Weapon could draw from sniper ammo, arrows, or rifle ammo (use more ammo with higher charge). It could even use actual nano spores as ammo and I don't think anyone would mind.

Other Ideas:

Detonite pile bunker: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/99330-research-weapon-idea-detonite-injector-melee/

Force field gun: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/99619-fieldron-research-idea-force-field-gun-primary/

Edited by Karma_Ghost

I was just reading a thread on throwing weapons as primaries and thought of a way of storing and deploying such a weapon. Here's the basic idea.

Name: Superbia (Pride, 7 Deadly Sins)

Model: A bracer or gauntlet with a tube running along the length of the arm connected to a small tank on the back. A nozzle-like structure is found near the the wrist, facing the palm.

Alternate Model: A manica (full arm armor) with small nano spore storage cells along its entire length. A nozzle-like structure is found near the wrist, facing the palm.

Projectile Model: Javelin made of nano spores arranged in a lattice structure to maximize volume for spores used. 

Mechanic: This is a charged primary weapon that uses a highly accelerated tissue engineering process to turn Nano Spores into deadly weapons. Nano spore javelins would be formed directly in the user's hand, like a faster, disgusting, 3D printer. The longer the weapon is charged, the larger and more damaging the spear becomes (3 or 4 charge levels). However, this additional damage comes at the cost of having shorter range and lower velocity, because the user has to physically throw it. To offset the reduced range of a thrown weapon compared to bows, the javelins would have a faster base charge time and little to no reload* (0-0.2 sec) and higher damage.

*The charge is the reload, as each javelin has to be constructed before it is thrown.

Additional notes: Weapon could draw from sniper ammo, arrows, or rifle ammo (use more ammo with higher charge). It could even use actual nano spores as ammo and I don't think anyone would mind.

Also see: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/99330-research-weapon-idea-detonite-injector-melee/

me gusta

i also want cobra/megaman hand cannon

I read that throwing primaries thing too, and I think this is a horrible idea also. You could only probably carry like 5 javelins. I know ogris has 500 ammo, but DE is working on it. But I do want to get rid of nano spores.

Please read through the post first. This is exactly why I explained that the javelins wouldn't be carried, but created with nano spores that are carried in cells. By utilizing an open lattice* design, a small volume of nano spores can be used to create a much larger structure. Also, nano spores, as organic tissue, can self-replicate anyway (presumably).

*There's nothing inside it. It's just a wire frame made of fibrous tissue.

Edited by Karma_Ghost

The nano spore printing doesn't even have to be limited to spears. I chose just javelin because it's the simplest design (shaft with a point). Skins could be applied to change the thrown model into axes/tomahawks, giant shuriken, hammers, or scale models of the Eiffel Tower.