Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Workers/assistants

MrCranky_BR

Okay, my first new topic. Mercy. I don't know if this idea was ever mentioned before, i haven't seen it. If it has, please point me to the thread. Otherwise, feel free to add, comment...

While going through the Dojo Pets thread (neat idea), it occured to me that it would be nice to see my dojo more permanently populated. I'd like to enter a lab and see a lab assistant working on a console, or something. So maybe we could put all those lazy hostages we rescued to work. Btw, I tend to favour ideas that tie things into the actual gameplay, so...

The idea is this: Every room that has some functionality (reactors, labs) could have a set number of workers you can assign to. Let's say, 1-3. You unlock these workers by completing special rescue/capture missions. Each worker assigned to a job gives the dojo a bonus of some form.

Lab Assistant 1: speeds up research by a small amount

Lab 2: unlocks a higher tier of research options (new gear)

Lab 3: unlocks higher tier research, further speeds up research.

Reactor Engineer: Increases reactor energy output

Oracle Operator: (Don't know what the Oracle will eventually do, but for now, placeholder idea) The mission operator would generate special clan-only alerts with random rewards: rare resources, mods, whatever. Completing a number of these missions could generate some form of clan-related reward, maybe a decoration, something...

Halls - Architect/Keeper: These guys would be assigned to the Halls. One per Hall. Each one reduces the construction costs by a small % (therefore, scalable with clan sizes). Or they unlock new decoration options.

Scavengers/Field Technicians: These would go...somewhere. XD Some new room, maybe, DE? Anyway, they'd generate small amounts of resources over time, that would go into the Clan's Vault. Resource amount would also scale according to clan size.

Alright. Just some random ideas out the top of my head. What do you think?

Thanks for the patience! See you in game, folks!

Great idea, would really like to see that implemented.

P.s. make dojo staff accept payment in nanospores.

Edit: just suggestion.

For duel arena and obstacle course, there could be staff keeping track of last runs/duels.

for elevator, moa in red suit that would play music...

Edited by PiotrGracz

I like the idea of having hireable minions for the dojo.

...but, from a lore perspective, where would we get 'em? I doubt the Grineer or Corpus would be wiling to work for us.

Well, maybe the Corpus, depending on how much we paid.

OP explained we could use captives we rescue.

Not a bad idea at all somthing like a sentinel butler xD remind me of glif in Mass effect

Heh. Yeah, I always wanted one for the Normandy... too bad we couldn't steal Gliph from Liara...XD

You should check the Sentinel Lab thread. You're gonna love it. This one is actually about humanoid workers (you know, people) rather than sentinel pets...

But a Sentinel lab assistant would also be great, so +1 to you.

Maybe make it possible to set the resource type so that when the Scavenger type you mentioned went to work it could gather formas on a very slow time table. Also, I think these types should work in a hangar bay type location, with Tenno transport ships entering and exiting the area.