The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Fighters

Gunthrik

I believe Frame Figther has potential and the mechanics it already has. It just needs some love and care to make it truly great. Some of the following I see that needs some attention are the following :

Blocking

There is a big problem when your opponent is unleashing all different types of attacks an then grab you an takes away a lot of  your hp.

•     Counter attack "if time correctly" stops the attack and deals some damage back to the player. This will keep people form just spamming attack to grab over and over.
  •     Blocking jabs/kicks Once in a blocking stance the player can do a 1 hit jab or kick "could stop the combo chain" this could allow starter combos or counter combos to change the flow of the fight.

Movement

Movement in Frame Fighters feels like you have a heavy ball and chain attached to your warframe leg. Instead of slowly walk to your opponent it would be nice to freely run towards them and do slide attack or maybe a flying kick. 

Frame Fighters as of right now feels like it was rushed, but it still has the ability to become great with a little bit of care.

i came here to see if there was a feedback regarding this mini game. i cant be the only one that would like to see frame fighters get fleshed out more and be made into an actual conclave mode? i think it would be seriously cool and add even more depth and gameplay options that is already there. we have railjack coming, plains and fortuna offering other features like hunting, mining, and fishing, archwing(could use some more love tbh), lunaro, and frame fighters would add to that list of other game modes that deviate from the usual horde shooting and grind.

As much as I would like Frame Fighter to get elevated to the level of other fighting games out there (unique combos and special moves for each frame, etc) I think we all have to take a moment and realize that it will either never happen, or take a very long time. DE’s focus is (rightfully) on larger scale content (The New War, Fortuna, Garuda, etc), while Frame Fighter was made very quickly during some staff members’ lunch breaks.

13 hours ago, Guthrik said:

I believe Frame Figther has potential and the mechanics it already has. It just needs some love and care to make it truly great. Some of the following I see that needs some attention are the following :

Blocking

There is a big problem when your opponent is unleashing all different types of attacks an then grab you an takes away a lot of  your hp.

•     Counter attack "if time correctly" stops the attack and deals some damage back to the player. This will keep people form just spamming attack to grab over and over.
  •     Blocking jabs/kicks Once in a blocking stance the player can do a 1 hit jab or kick "could stop the combo chain" this could allow starter combos or counter combos to change the flow of the fight.

Movement

Movement in Frame Fighters feels like you have a heavy ball and chain attached to your warframe leg. Instead of slowly walk to your opponent it would be nice to freely run towards them and do slide attack or maybe a flying kick. 

Frame Fighters as of right now feels like it was rushed, but it still has the ability to become great with a little bit of care.

Let me get this right, you'd rather have DE waste valuable development time on a mini game, than fixing actual issues warframe have? Do you actually think it's more important to develop a mini game further, than lets say work on damage 3.0 and melee 3.0?

Well duh NicolaiBM, Melee 3.0 is important this is feed back for a mini game not Melee 3.0 and Melee 3.0 isn't the biggest thing on DE mind I'm sure that would be Venus Open World.

I would rather have something fun to do then normal grind, farm , repeat. The mini game is fun, just needs some touch, love and care.

Edited by Gunthrik

+ There's a movement bug:

When you double jump to one side (for example left) and before touching the ground changing your way to right, doing this few times will boost you like bunnyhop in CSGO and you'll be jumping over whole map in one single jump which is pretty crazy.

If your opponent catched you into his combo and you start blocking, there's no way out except jump + ground punch, which is not 100% because it's probably bugged. 

Other thing is that when you start combos with your opponent in the same time on close combat. You'll be attacking yourselfs for a while, nobody will be getting damage, you'll be stucked and then random person will get damage, get "knockback" and lose his combo + his full life.

With my friend we found "meta characters" which are stronger than the others and ALWAYS wins. I dunno why, but they just win 100% times. I don't have all frames, but basic Excalibur, Ember and Mag are totally dominating.

Yea, it's full of bugs, but remember it's totally new minigame, nobody's perfect.