Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Hydron

2 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

This is a problem with this game, Hydron just seems to be the epicenter of it, people are spending more time in that one node than they're in the rest of the game, maybe they could add mr locks to junctions, that would fix a lot of the problems this game has with low levels going into missions they aren't prepared for. For example there was a mr13 with Nidus and Tigris in a pub group I joined for tridolon, I know the risks of pub groups but really? Nidus and Tigris? Unfortunately we got Arcane energize as a drop and he got a ton of loot and 150p for free basically. Do you like seeing a mr5 with zephyr joining your spy or assassination sortie?  I feel like I'm going all over the  place with this but the point I'm trying to make here is there needs to be some sort of barrier that players need to pass before they access certain content and planets even, that way it benefits both DE and high level players because a new player can't just rush through everything the game has to offer within two days of creating a account and older players won't have to see disgustingly unprepared low levels joining endgame content and potentially failing missions for them.

so you raise the topic here about newbies rushing through the game and potentially affecting endgame missions for veterans thus reducing enjoyment for themselves and veterans

now read the topic's headline again

what does this have to do with hydron?

1 hour ago, Pro3Display said:

so you raise the topic here about newbies rushing through the game and potentially affecting endgame missions for veterans thus reducing enjoyment for themselves and veterans

now read the topic's headline again

what does this have to do with hydron?

Would you prefer the more blunt approach then? "Add mr locks to missions and modes so unprepared low levels who were carried through the starchart by bored high levels with nothing better to do won't interfere with the experience of those who took their time to 'git gud' instead" that's pretty much what I'm trying to say here, Hydron is just a more reoccurring annoyance so I decided to start with that, hope this clarifies things for you.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Would you prefer the more blunt approach then? "Add mr locks to missions and modes so unprepared low levels who were carried through the starchart by bored high levels with nothing better to do won't interfere with the experience of those who took their time to 'git gud' instead" that's pretty much what I'm trying to say here, Hydron is just a more reoccurring annoyance so I decided to start with that, hope this clarifies things for you.

see, if you wan't to address experience of low mr players and high mr players you should name your topic something like "taxiing rookies is bad experience for both parties"
and elaborate your point in the opening post

not whining about how everyone dies on your hydron run and "de pls keep dying people off my games" with a huge "NERF HYDRON" title

since you couldn't formulate your point properly you got a full page of comments like "another nerf thread" "there will always be an exp cave" and "git gud" instead of proper discusison

as a person who is really bad in putting thoughts into words I recommend you to not rush in posting topics on a whim and condense the point you are trying to make into something people can understand and address. let it brew over a cup of tea or something.

17 hours ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

You and I must have different experiences on Helene lol. Dang RNG.

Helene is a very good place to farm XP or to level up weapons and Warframes, and to find Orokin Cells. It's also a good place for finding Plastids and the Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment.

Anyway, MR is a very poor way of judging another player's skill. MR means nothing. You could level up your MR by staying on Earth and just leveling up tons of weapons and Warframes on lvl 1 - 3 missions. Then you also get players who don't have the time to constantly level up trash weapons, and they only level up the good stuff and their MR stays low because of that. MR is no way to tell how good or bad, or how experienced or inexperienced a player is. I've seen tons of MR23 players who are hot garbage. And I've seen MR4 players who are so good you start to think that they are using cheats or something. Thinking that low MR players are bad/inexperienced is a very bad mentality to have. Due to the way the MR system works anyone can boost up their MR by sticking to low level content. Having a MR of 20+ doesn't mean a player is good.

And don't act like frames that don't have invisibility can't do spy missions. I've seen plenty of players using frames with no invisibility completely ace spy missions. I've also seen invisibility frames completely screw up spy missions. It all depends on the player.

2 hours ago, Pro3Display said:

see, if you wan't to address experience of low mr players and high mr players you should name your topic something like "taxiing rookies is bad experience for both parties"
and elaborate your point in the opening post

I suppose I was all over the place with my reasons and explanations but Hydron is still something I'd like to see changed from being the only decent place to level up fodder into maybe one of many recent so farms, it's annoying having only one good spot and seeing players who just started the game also farming there instead of gradually progressing through the game and learning things along the way, these are the exact same players who wind up in modes like tridolon because they think they will be carried easily, having a mr lock on junctions should fix a lot of these incidents.