The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Ryzen 2600 + Vega 56 | WF Nvidia/intel bias?

CLiPtec

Long story short. My spec is
CPU : Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4 Ghz (Temps 40c with 120 AIO)
RAM : 3200mhz 8gb Dual Channel (16)
GPU : RX Vega 56 Sapphire Nitro+ @ 1602mhz on core + 800mhz on HBM (Temps 39-55c fullload on warframe atleast)
Monitor : ACER ED273A 1080p (Freesync, lock on 144hz)

Ingame Settings, Whether be it all Medium or All High on 1080p,
Refresh Rate : 144hz
FPS : If No limit, soar 300+, but performance very sluggish. If Lock at 144 FPS, very smooth.
Blur : OFF
Screenshake : OFF

My problem is, during solo or small rooms, fps jumping around 130-144. But during fights, FPS will be from 30-50 FPS. What ever is going on ? How come I see some people with lesser specs like 1050ti with i3 or 1050ti with Ryzen 5 1400 performs better ? -_-

Edited by CLiPtec

For starters, it's hard to compare Warframe apples to apples. So people saying 'x fps' could mean anything. A lot of the times people quote the orbiter figure, and this is highly misleading as the game runs next to no game code. In-mission frame rates can be anywhere from 30-120fps, and even then a low end system could appear faster than a high end system depending on what was happening at the time.

The latest update seems to have some scripting issues where, regardless of configuration, you will drop into the ~45-ish fps mark during fights. So to this end, providing your EE.log in a ticket will help the devs find the problem quicker. This leads onto the second point:

There is no "bias", the move away from Nvidia proprietary tech (PhysX) to a custom made implementation, which runs on all platforms, should be evidence enough; So there's no real reason to even add this to the thread title. But above this, AMD's DX11 driver is not as good as Nvidia's DX11 driver. Nothing any dev can do about this.

Edited by MillbrookWest