Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion - New Mission Type(S).

lonelydrone

Ok, i dont know if this has been already brought up.

But here's my idea:

INVESTIGATE MISSIONS.

This is a mission type where you don't have an objective, you just don't know what you will be doing there or who will be the enemy (c'mon, lotus intel is ALWAYS accurate). Motivation could be a suspicious ship, or a secret facility.

This missions won't have a waypoint, you will have to explore to "unlock" the objective(s). Another reason to do this is to give players the feeling of a more balanced war, and not just a unstoppable invading TENNO force.

This missions could pop up any of the current objectives (rescue, sabotage, capture, Spy, etc). but it can also be other surprising objectives, here are some examples of u could find in this runs:

- A trap. Where the faction you are facing set u up. instead of rescuing the same dude always, u will be rescuing yourself, and your main objective would be simple, ESCAPE.

- An investigation facility. where u can find factions experiments (like grineer or corpus researching with infested trying to find a cure, or corpus investigating with warframe technology, etc). This research facilities, as they are secret, they're security would be extreme.

- A mix of both. this would start as a research facility investigation mission, but the faction you will be facing wants to experiment woth YOU. this can be a grineer coliseum, or a corpus weapon testing facility. Where the objective is escape as well, by defeating whatever you'd force to fight with (mulltiple bosses, or buffed Bosses, or multiple hordes of infested), then hacking the doors to find your way out (or slashing flesh heavy doors, infested case).

This way TENNO would not be always on the offense, making the WARFRAME universe more balanced, where the GRINEER, CORPUS, and INFESTED can go and strike you, and not just wait in their ships/asteroid base to be obliterated by the TENNO. A wolrd where even the mighty TENNO can be surprised, captured, used as test subjects, where TENNO are in some way vulnerable too. not just a TENNO INVADE, TENNO WIN story.

I'd like to hear what you all guys think about this idea.

:D

i think a mission where you and your teammates are all in those prison rooms but separate and have to escape into different parts of the ships alone pretty much and meet up in a rendezvous (spelled right?) point to then escape would be pretty fun cause at that point its gonna be a kind of use your skill kind of mission instead of having to rely on other's help.

another could be like an actual mission where you have to steal a ship and pilot it from point a to point b while the enemy faction tries to take the ship down.

we could have a mission where there are no enemies but you need to go around space looking for a tenno wreckage and recover some data, or just have to do some kind or speeder type of race and get away from persuers.

i think a mission where you and your teammates are all in those prison rooms but separate and have to escape into different parts of the ships alone pretty much and meet up in a rendezvous (spelled right?) point to then escape would be pretty fun cause at that point its gonna be a kind of use your skill kind of mission instead of having to rely on other's help.

another could be like an actual mission where you have to steal a ship and pilot it from point a to point b while the enemy faction tries to take the ship down.

we could have a mission where there are no enemies but you need to go around space looking for a tenno wreckage and recover some data, or just have to do some kind or speeder type of race and get away from persuers.

I like ure ideas, but most of them require huge ammount of work from devs (not a real problem there). I just want something a bit more immediate, something that can be implemented in the next few updates.

Thank you for your ideas, anyways. They are all welcome.

I like ure ideas, but most of them require huge ammount of work from devs (not a real problem there). I just want something a bit more immediate, something that can be implemented in the next few updates.

Thank you for your ideas, anyways. They are all welcome.

i got that lol its not like it would take years for something similar to my ideas to be implemented ;p i mean i'd love to have something that doesny even involve actual fighting with our weapons or direct confrontations. you know take a break from all those kinds of things. also it would be pretty cool imo if there were kinda like transition stages between planets where for the first time you unlock a planet you have to be piloting a ship and maybe fighting off enemies, dodging debris, ect. til you actually reach the planet and then its automatic after that. idk if you understood that at all lol

https://forums.warfr...eak/#entry84203

Here ya go,I believe with our concepts combined,it can be done!

I like your idea.

INVESTIGATE and JAILBREAK missions as alerts and surprising event.

Only thing doesnt make sense to me is, if you are captured, how could you or why should you avoid those missions? It's not like the grineer come to your ship and say: "Hello TENNO, Can we capture you?"

Not that I'd want to avoid them either, since in your reward system is a "?" involved in almost every run there.

XD