The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Launcher Quickly Closes Itself

JCaliforniaR

Every time I try to play Warframe my launcher will open up, sit at 'Checking for Updates', then close itself 5-20 seconds later. I have to reopen the launcher 3-4 times before it clears checking for updates and allows me to launch, and even when it's clear to launch the launcher will still close itself if I don't click Play quick enough.

This has occurred since I first downloaded the game about a month ago.

When patches are introduced, this gets even worse as it only has so many seconds to download the patch before the launcher closes on itself. In these instances it can take me loading the launcher 5+ times before I can play due to this.

I'm loading the game via Steam with Windows 10. Let me know if there might be any diagnostic files/info I should share.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same here, launching from Steam as well. It's been like this for a couple of months now.

In these instances it can take me loading the launcher 5+ times before I can play due to this.

Quick tip for working around this - the download actually continues in the background, so don't relaunch right away. You can tell when it's done by watching disk activity in Task Manager (sort by "Disk" and the download process should come up first). Relaunch when disk activity settles down and the process goes away, then your patch should be good to go.