The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Multi thread rendering: on have random infinite loading screen, off have poor multiplayer performance

sam686

All my random infinite loading screen was all caused by having multi thread rendering on, and full screen alt tab.

But, When i turn off multi thread rendering, there is no more infinite loading screen for me no matter how many times I use alt tab. Off is good for mastery test. But, it worsens the frame rate to less then 60 fps in multiplayer sessions.

I have lost the ability to do a Nitain Extract alert because of getting stuck on infinite loading screen on a poor 30 fps frame rate, wasting time, and alert expired and went away, and that I had multi thread rendering switched back on. Stupid multi thread rendering instability when on, and poor frame rate when off.

Verified download cache, nothing wrong with the storage.

Windows 10, i7-2600, 16 GB, NVidia GT 1030 GDDR5 2GB, Samsung SSD 850 Evo 1TB.

More information with video. V-sync was on so FPS is limited to 60.

With multi thread rendering on, it happens way too frequently after pressing alt+tab super fast only 10 times.

With multi thread rendering off, it takes a few more times of quickly pressing alt+tab super fast, infinite loading still happens with multi thread rendering off, it just happens to be less chance of a problem with it off. I guess is only reduce the chance of getting stuck in loading screen.