Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Sentinel seems to change config during missions

Lyricallee

I have found posts going back multiple years reporting sentinel bugs with Hydroid, but they are closed and don't seem to have a resolution.  This might be new or different.

My impression of how it SHOULD work is that your sentinel and its weapon  should stop working while you are in undertow, but should re-enable when you stop being a puddle.  I am using a taxon with a laser rifle and both cease to function after going into and then coming out of undertow.  The sentinel stops vacuuming entirely, the laser rifle doesn't fire a shot.  When I use a shade, it did seem to continue to make me invisible.  I haven't noticed this when using other warframes, but at least when I go into undertow, it seems to be switching my sentinel from mod config A to mod config B.  If you have no mods in B, you are basically disabled.  I replicated this a couple times to be sure, but I left the Arsenal having selected config A for my Taxon and when I left my mission, it was set to config B.

I filled all 3 configs with the same mods and my sentinel worked properly throughout a mission.  

• 1 month later...

I had hoped that the mainline update would fix this bug, but it has not.  Tested with a Helios and Hydroid and after entering and existing undertow, the Helios no longer attacked or vacuumed.  For my Taxon referenced in my prior report, I only use one config, so putting it in all slots is fine, for Helios, I don't want to do this.  I sometimes equip it without any attack mods or a weapon if I am trying to get stealth kills so I have multiple configs for it.  Really wish this would be fixed.