Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Streak

Zombie_Sprinklez

Hey guys! I'm not totally sure where you put stories on the forum, so I'm going to put it here. This being my first piece, I will appreciate any constructive criticism you guys have to offer. Without further ado, enjoy!

The Streak

As we knelt down, I felt my heart beating inside my chest like it was about to burst out. I was about to skirmish like I never had before. No holds barred. No rules. Just Tenno versus Tenno. And this guy was good. Real good. With a winning streak just one day short of a year, he knew his Ember Warframe like the back of his hand. I was pretty confident in my own skills with Vauban, but I couldn’t let the pressure get to me.

“Prepare yourselves” the Lotus sternly announced, and on the count of three, we began. Immediately, he activated his Overheat power, and I knew I had to stay back. He had one Energy Distributor locked down and guarded, so I was going to have to work with the one that I had. If need be, I could totally rely on my weapons; my Gremlins with their innate stagger could gain me the upper hand quickly. The sheer power of my Flux Rifle may be able to break that Overheat.

Luckily for me, as I ran by my side I received an Energy Orb, and I was relieved. I threw down a Bastille and started hammering at him with my Gremlins. He fell down, and with his Overheat broken, I needed to act quickly. If I didn’t, I was about to get ten Kunai shoved into my chest, and this round would be over. I took the opportunity to run to his side and snatch some more Energy. Knowing now I had enough, I threw down as many Tesla Grenades as I could. All I could hear was “ZAP ZAP ZAP” , and with that, round one was over.

“It can’t be this easy” I thought to myself “He’s probably toying with me; checking out my strategy”. As he got back into position, round 2 began. Wasting little time, he activated Overheat and jabbed three Kunai into my left shoulder. Stupidly, I was distracted by the pain, and he took the opportunity to lunge at me with his Zorens. Doing as best I could to avoid being hit, I strafed to the left. The daggers clipped my side, and Overheat caused the wound to hurt even more with the searing pain of the fire. Down to one knee now, I looked up to see him grabbing his last Energy Orb, before my world went red.

“He’s fast!” I thought. With round two over now, I needed to up my game. If I lost this round, that would be it. I was not about to become another number in the massive streak of his. As round three started, yet again, Overheat was activated. He threw the Kunai again, but this time, I was ready. I dodged to the side and managed to avoid two of them, but the third one hit my leg as I was strafing. I ignored the pain this time, and managed to get by him and steal an Orb. I threw down another Bastille and ran back to my side. I received another Orb, and my plan was coming together. Knowing the Kunai weren’t going to work this time, he pulled out his calling card; the Dread.

Slowed from my Bastille, it gave me enough time to throw down my Vortex, to nullify any future movements. It was time for the final maneuver. I ran and jumped up towards the wall on the opposite side. It was going to be hard to scale it with my bad leg, but I was hoping to not have to go as far as usual. With his Dread finally ready to take a shot at me, he fired. From the corner of my eye I saw this, and jumped off the wall with my one good leg. The arrow pierced it exactly where I had just been. I dove at him. I had already taken enough time that his Overheat had sizzled away, and with my own Dagger Axes charged from the Energy of my powers, I just needed to hit him.

Soaring through the air, I had almost reached his position. I lifted my arms in the air, daggers raised, and I struck him. When we hit the ground, I heard the Lotus say, “You are a strong fighter. Our enemies have much to fear”. I had won. I had just nullified the streak. He got up from the ground, came over, and shook my hand. “That was a great fight! In all my battles creating that streak I have never seen anything like that” he said. “I agree,” I responded. “I could say the same, but clearly I don’t have as much in-ring experience as you do!” He smirked, and said, “This is the beginning of your own legacy, Tenno.”

This is based off of an actual duel I had with my fellow Clan mate, and great friend, Aigloblam. He actually did have a streak that big, and he challenged me to a "No holds barred" duel. I did end up winning and ending the streak, so I would like to dedicate this story to him, as it is his Ember I used in the story.

Edited by Zombie_Sprinklez

It was a pretty epic fight, Ill give you that. I gave everyone the strategy to beat me, but you were the only one that used it as it should have been used. Your footwork was masterful, You dodged an amout of Kunai that would have split a Rhino in two. In the end, your Bastille is the only thing that saved you. Without it, my Zorens would have eaten you alive like the chainsaws they are. Granted i felt a bit disappointed at losing...but im also very proud of you. That was amazingly done in every way. Im Proud to call you General :) (Or whatever the Rank name is for it now)

As for the story, i might write my side of it later when i get bored. Good Job :)

kunai would have done it faster.. pulled his dread...

ok sir, i made my opinion about you.

Well for starters, Overheat can be active before the round even begins. So before the round is going, im already at 91% Damage reduction. Next, my Kunai are hitting a little over 90k DPS...If he hadn't dodged them so well they would have shredded him in an instant. My Dread, while slower, Hits for an average of 5600 damage per shot, Crits over 12k.

If you really want to get a feel for the story, you are welcome to duel me any time. :)

Edited by Aigloblam

This is based off of an actual duel I had with my fellow Clan mate, and great friend, Aigloblam. He actually did have a streak that big, and he challenged me to a "No holds barred" duel. I did end up winning and ending the streak, so I would like to dedicate this story to him, as it is his Ember I used in the story.

Curious as to how he had a streak that was nearly a year long, when duelling has only been around for a few months... ;D

Battle Recap:
Tie actually. I beat him First two, He beat me Second two.

I was too slow casting overheat the second time lol. I see exactly what he means about that Braton though. Without overheat, it would have shredded me in less than a second, im 100% sure.

yeah being a single target to WoF... kinda... you know. On the other hand i was without sentinel fully invisible... so... yeah.

Even with Overheat, really the only thing that saved me is the speed of my Zorens. Makes me a harder target to hit.

WoF's only drawback is that i have to get enough energy for it. I could have used Fireblast, thats usually enough when someone doesnt have really high shields/health. But when dealing with as much damage as you put out accurately, It wouldnt have been enough. I'd have died first. Whats your mod setup for that Braton?

yes. you see in Overheat i could knock you down. And could keep doing that. However even if my invisibility would last longer that your overheat i still had little time. And zorens actually saved you twice from being knockdown, you may not know but you even slide through me once, this is how close i was.

And what if i would brought Trinity instead of Loki? in order for pvp to work both players must have some sort of agreement about powers. And more me pvp with rules is not pvp. and if locked inside arena, it's not pvp twice.

pvp is attack from stealth, it's gank, it's hunt, it's abuse, it's players ingame property destruction... this is pvp. in this game.... no not really.

It was a pretty epic fight, Ill give you that. I gave everyone the strategy to beat me, but you were the only one that used it as it should have been used. Your footwork was masterful, You dodged an amout of Kunai that would have split a Rhino in two. In the end, your Bastille is the only thing that saved you. Without it, my Zorens would have eaten you alive like the chainsaws they are. Granted i felt a bit disappointed at losing...but im also very proud of you. That was amazingly done in every way. Im Proud to call you General :) (Or whatever the Rank name is for it now)

As for the story, i might write my side of it later when i get bored. Good Job :)

I think it's Berserker now. As for the story, what do you think?

Curious as to how he had a streak that was nearly a year long, when duelling has only been around for a few months... ;D

What it was meant to be was that the amount of wins in his streak was 364 before he lost to me. Seeing as though the number is one day short of a full year, that is what I was referring to.

yes. you see in Overheat i could knock you down. And could keep doing that. However even if my invisibility would last longer that your overheat i still had little time. And zorens actually saved you twice from being knockdown, you may not know but you even slide through me once, this is how close i was.

And what if i would brought Trinity instead of Loki? in order for pvp to work both players must have some sort of agreement about powers. And more me pvp with rules is not pvp. and if locked inside arena, it's not pvp twice.

pvp is attack from stealth, it's gank, it's hunt, it's abuse, it's players ingame property destruction... this is pvp. in this game.... no not really.

In the strictest sense, This totally is PvP. But you are right, its not what PvP should be. You have a much better idea of what PvP should be :)

Trinity is odd...Link still prevents damage, but doesnt reflect any back. The worst part is that it doesnt even lock on to the enemy (at least last i checked, that was 3 hotfixes ago) frame. I only locks on to another player...So if there is nobody else in the Dojo, Link is Useless. As far as i can tell, Ember is totally broken in Duels, so as much as i'd like to brag about that streak, I really cant. I can still brag about Zombie though, since he found a way to remove all the things that make her so Broken.

I think it's Berserker now. As for the story, what do you think?

What it was meant to be was that the amount of wins in his streak was 364 before he lost to me. Seeing as though the number is one day short of a full year, that is what I was referring to.

Not bad at all. You should make it a bit longer. I mean its fine for us, who know and play this game all the time. But for someone who has never played, it would be totally confusing. Not saying there is anything wrong with your story, not at all. Just offering tips :)