Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] If we don't get Lotus back...

Iacon

[SPOILER ALERT, I MIGHT MAKE SPOILERS ABOUT LORE AND QUESTS]

Hello fellow tennos, first of all my apologies if this is not in the right section and for my poor english(I'm rusty af in this language), second TL,DR these are ideas I had for the transmissions in middle of a mission.

Now, getting into the topic, I was thinking that now that Lotus is gone, DE could explore the potential of transmissions (don't take me wrong, I love Rebec... SPACE MOM LOTUS like we all do) and even if we get Lotus back, we could still get more interesting, varied and fun transmissions, like those we have in quests.

I'll go with some examples to light up and illustrate my idea:

Instead of having Lotus or CephaLotus (that's how I call Ordis' transmission data reconstruction) asking us to elaminate enemy forces without reason, maybe Cressa Tal could ask us to eliminate some grineer forces that are planning to attack a nearby colony "Because one galleon less is another colony safe!" in case we are friendly with the Steel Meridian or asking us to do something right at least one time and prove we are not just blood lusting metal slugs in case we are not friendly with that syndicate.

Maybe New Loka can jump into the game and say something like "at least your heart is so pure, helping even those damned with the curse of rotten false flesh so they can have a peaceful, if short, live..." Or why not go full college wannabe smart b!tch mode like in the middle of the silver groove with something like "you are more dissapointing than what anyone could believe, saving those disgusting mutated flesh abominations" AND YOLO SENDING SOMETHING TO TRY TO KILL US.

Missions could be assigned to specific factions and/or have some RNG for all the transmissions since the beginning or for whichever factions joined to the conversation as secondary. It could work by trees that branch into different set of options to develop into something that makes sense (Of course this would require some proper rng, not that digital sh!tshow hateful loot abomination that dictates what we get OR NOT for hours of relic grind for hours of prime farm...)

Cephalon Suda could make short aparitions asking for scans and data or  Simaris scold us for "poor" performance and to be more efficient, what he is collecting from (stalking) observing us is not helpful for the sanctuary.

When an assassination target dies, [if enemy with Red Veil] Red Veil could mockingly thank us for doing their job and say they will allow us to breath a little more for the help.

(GOING CRAZY HERE!)

DE could drop even little, misterious, easter eggs, subtle hints to crazy stuff in the lore like...

[I don't know if Ambulas and Neff are adecuate for this, I'll use them as PLACEHOLDERS] When Ambulas dies, Neff Anyo could say that Ballas told him that weapon was able to exploit the weakness of the tenno/warframes or when the mission starts and we are going for Ambulas, Neff can taunt us saying something like "Why so desperate to die, KIDDO?" (IS AMBULAS STILL A BOSS??? pretty sure I killed a couple of those in an extermination)

People would go crazy with theories and conspirations about those transmissions, like what is Neff supposed to know about the man in the wall or what is that weakness mentioned in the vitruvian artifact in the sacrifice?!?!?!?!

At least in this game, the word "kiddo" is very powerful, used in a very spicific way by a very specific character so, assuming it is not improperly overused, having another character using it casually, at least once, with a certain voice tone, like if he/she/it had the intention to somehow trigger us, can make everyone crazy, set the world on fire, rain flying pigs and break the internet.

We can also get more Ordis, I know some people hates him but I love him. He can glitch and say things like "Operator, what they do is not right, someone must [MAKE SOME HEADS ROLL] bring justice. Teach them [TO FEAR THE METAL SLUG] that these actions don't pay well.

Or when Suda asks for data he can offer to mail it to her... [FOR A PRICE] gladly. What if normal ordis is kinda in love with suda but glitched ordis is kind of a dbag with her?!?!?! (done poorly would be corny and boring but done properly it could be a total ROFL LOL)

If Lotus comes back of course she can get into the interactive transmissions. Things can get interesting when she hears SPECIFIC THINGS...

Maybe, in rare ocassions, Neffy can bet if we can hit something in the head or one shot it and if we do it or not, according to his side on the bet, he can make a happy comment or a salty comment and even mail a small ammount of credits with some flavor text (like 2k, nothing game breaking)

I guess transmissions 2.0 or 3.0? I know my idea is still a bit vague but hope this could be a little spark for the improvement of an overlooked but actually kinda important aspect of the game, less scripted and more interesting, random and varied transmissions, this could help build the warframe universe even further and maybe incentivate a new aspect into which the comunity could be included like transmission quotes and dialogues contests, hear your lines in the voice of steel meridian IN GAME!

Althought this might require DE to plan ahead lore to include hints in the transmissions... OR they could use some vague hints to make the comunity come out with theories and conspirations and then use those as the base for the lore... If I'm not wrong, something similar happened with the tennos, people went crazy with theories about what we were supposed to be, some went as far as saying an asexual dude being mutilated and reconstructed into the different frames, until the magical teenager edgelords thing happened and worked out...

I guess that's all what I wanted to mention, thanks for reading.

Edited by Iacon

43 minutes ago, Iacon said:

Instead of having Lotus or CephaLotus (that's how I call Ordis' transmission data reconstruction) asking us to elaminate enemy forces without reason, maybe Kela de Thaym could ask us to eliminate some grineer forces that are planning to attack a nearby colony "Because one galleon less is another colony safe!" in case we are friendly with the Steel Meridian or asking us to do something right at least one time and prove we are not just blood lusting metal slugs in case we are not friendly with that syndicate.

Umm...I think you got the wrong grineer there.