Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After all the Other 2.0s, Can we get Rewards 2.0?

CriticalFumble

If you came for a thread about a token system, sorry, that's not necessarily what I'm suggesting. 

The game has changed to an incredible extent over the years.  However, the reward system, or at least aspects of it, has not been rethought for years.  Its something of a relic, not meshing well with the current reality of the larger game; and in some cases, works against making the game more open and interesting. 

Mods, for instance, used to be almost always valuable.  The most efficient way to upgrade a mod was with copies of itself, making a redundant drop valuable for ranking the mod you needed, to a lesser extent ranking other mods, and for ranking mods to sell.  While the endo system is better, the change greatly reduced the value of mods in rewards tables.  Outside the very rare ones, redundant mods have little value to the player receiving them, to the point where the mods in any rotation of the table are, as far as I can tell, always worse than the credits or endo in rotation A. 

Another issue is tables that include warframe and weapon parts.  If you have the part, or have built the whole item, short of wanting to re-build it (provided you're allowed to) it becomes a credit cache that you have to dig through your inventory to access.  I personally find this particularly insulting in tables where there are no credits at all. 

I don't see a good, tidy solution to this, however.  They could reward more endo or credits for selling them, but would this effect extend to drops from enemies and encourage DE to reduce the drop rate there?  Mods and parts could drop exclusively from enemies or as bonus rewards in missions, but that might make getting them even more tedious.  There could be a system where you opt out of certain rewards, but the system changes and interface additions could be much larger than DE would be willing to undertake.  They could allow you to "throw back" some rewards for a token-style currency, but being able to build a viable token system is its own problem. 

Not sure how I feel about assassinations on this point.  After you've done them in a few times you'll have gotten everything they offer (except Kela with her mods and Tyl who takes ~5,000 runs :clem:) so there is no reason to ever fight them again outside sortie 3 missions.  I'm not sure if its good that you don't get tired of fighting them, again, or bad in that something fairly unique and colorful gets stuck in a box in the attic because it serves no purpose. 

Kela's mods should have dropped from Executioners in Rathuum. In Index, mods specific for Anyo Corp Investors drop directly from them, so why it's different in case of Rathuum and Executioners in the first place? Oh, I get it, DE just wanted to slap us for being too spoiled, I can't come up with a different explanation.

Problem is that DE doesn't really care about older stuff, all they care about now is Venus landscape, etc. (No need to say more). Talking about Rewards 2.0, let's not forget about Khora and insane grind behind which she's locked (two parts in C rotation, both with around 10% chance to drop while relic trash is much more probable to drop). If Rewards 2.0 should represent something, it's reduction of grind in general. Who cares about Credits and Endo. The Index is perfect credit farm, 250k (500k with booster and 1M with booster and 2x credit weekend) easily on hand after one game, Endo is less common but still attainable in a good way, even sculptures are tradeable.

Tyl is fine, you're still guaranteed to get at least one part. Look at Ivara, Khora, Nidus, Harrow and Octavia, these are painful because there's no guarantee of a drop or at least a normal drop % on them.

Funny enough, Ivara wasn't too bad for me.  After checking my inventory, it appears Equinox only took 28 runs (assuming I didn't sell any of the BPs), maybe it felt like 5,000 because of Tyl's OP voice?  Probably personal prefference, I actually like spy missions and I was powering through the Equinox grind because I hadn't gotten it yet.  Which is part of my point - you're encouraged to grind certain content until you're sick of it because unique drops and then never touch it again.  It makes for something of an unpleasant bump in the game even if it is more or less our own fault and probably unavoidable.  

The point about the Index is good, though.  Its another one of the more recent additions that made credits hillariously easy to aquire.  Relatively speaking, credits outside the Index are a joke, so what should the reward system do with that now?  Increase the sale price of mods and other things so that there's less pressure to go to the Index, or keep it low so people are encouraged to try the mode here and there?  After you're able to clear an Index round the credit caches in other missions are pocket change, so should they be taken out of all the tables after Neptune to free up space for more things of value or left in for some reason - and no, I can't think of a good one.  

Realistically, there's a level of grind that has to exist in the game for any of a variety of reasons.  I just would like some consideration as to how the game has changed during a second look at some of these features that have changed over the years.  

Personally, I'd like more things like the syndicates and sortie system.  Not because its necissarily the most efficient thing, but because it encourages more variety in play.