Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should This Game Be A Bit Harder?

dikki

Hola!

I'm rank 18 excalibur these days and was almost able to kill General Sargas Ruk solo. Ran out of ammo and then got destroyed when I tried to melee him. :P If I'd have saved up more ammo or have rifle ammo item in my inventory I'd have easily killed him.

Point is, mission briefing says it's a level 4 boss and I'm not even level 2 yet. I had no problems whatsoever running through the map till I met the boss. I expected a lot harder times and frankly wasn't thinking I could even do so well against him. Right after I got killed I joined a game with 3 other warframes and we destroyed him with ease. Took like 20 seconds or something.

I feel it's just cruising around the maps killing everything without any trouble. I have failed few missions just because I got careless and got stuck in crossfire while I wasn't paying any attention to my shields. So far the game haven't really encouraged me to play safer.

Would want to see normal missions get a bit more harder, not just when it's about boss killing. Then again, I'm still a newbie and low rank so it might be the case later on but judging from youtube vids, people are still able to one shot kill pretty much everything at later ranks.

Thoughts?

Hola!

I'm rank 18 excalibur these days and was almost able to kill General Sargas Ruk solo. Ran out of ammo and then got destroyed when I tried to melee him. :P If I'd have saved up more ammo or have rifle ammo item in my inventory I'd have easily killed him.

Point is, mission briefing says it's a level 4 boss and I'm not even level 2 yet. I had no problems whatsoever running through the map till I met the boss. I expected a lot harder times and frankly wasn't thinking I could even do so well against him. Right after I got killed I joined a game with 3 other warframes and we destroyed him with ease. Took like 20 seconds or something.

I feel it's just cruising around the maps killing everything without any trouble. I have failed few missions just because I got careless and got stuck in crossfire while I wasn't paying any attention to my shields. So far the game haven't really encouraged me to play safer.

Would want to see normal missions get a bit more harder, not just when it's about boss killing. Then again, I'm still a newbie and low rank so it might be the case later on but judging from youtube vids, people are still able to one shot kill pretty much everything at later ranks.

Thoughts?

Xini, solo.

Point is, mission briefing says it's a level 4 boss and I'm not even level 2 yet.

Sargas Ruk is level 4-11 not level account 4. If the difficulty say 4 when you enter the mission its only the number of player require for this to be acceptable difficulty, 4 player of level 4-11, not level 18.

yes, it should be harder but not just by buffing enemies weapon and armour but with adding new types of soldiers

- they should add variaty of mech-outfit-soldiers to grinner faction, not too powerful in tearms of weapon/amour but should appear regular higher levels and in wolfpacks

- maybe new mutans, low health but powerful attack

- hyena should not be a BOSS but standard unit with much weaker armour and should also appear regular in higher corpus levels, also maybe in wolfpacks

- corpus walkers need re-design to more robotics and only in one size (red, green and blue versions, blue's rail gun need better effect)

The difficulty ratings are screwed up, that's for sure. I think Hades is listed as a difficulty of 1. However, to make things "more difficult" would entail a combination of many variables. Some people already feel that there's enough CC effects in the game, between knockdowns, staggers, and the occasional oddball like Kril's freeze stun. So, what's next... increase the health and damage potential of mobs? Or the sheer number? Numbers probably won't make it harder when there's frames like the Mag or Frost who will just wipe out an entire group with a single button anyway.

So simply adding health and damage might induce a "grindy" feel to the game, and could make things harder for new players to endure, particularly given the current state of being able to supercharge your weapons and warframe.

I will admit, I don't often hear someone say "I failed to clear the content, man it's too easy." What suggestions do you propose to increase the difficulty to a point that would satisfy you?

I will admit, I don't often hear someone say "I failed to clear the content, man it's too easy." What suggestions do you propose to increase the difficulty to a point that would satisfy you?

Point was that I'd have been able to solo kill him but I ran out of bullets and since it was my first attempt the next solo run is gonna be a whole lot different.

I feel that there shouldn't be more enemies but rushing into a mob would be more or less suicidal so you should be using cover more often avoiding enemy fire. Funny thing is that I find infected more harder to kill especially ancients who can stand a quite a bit of beating, while griiner with heavy armor goes down so much faster. Griiner with should put up more deadlier fight dealing more damage while infected should be easier to take down but they make it all up with quantity. Imagine that griiners are humans and infected's are zergs.

I guess tl;dr would be: more damage and not so much about health/shields added. They should deal more damage but taking them down shouldn't be that much harder. Especially when the game is advertised as co-op game it should definately feel like you'd need your buddies to help you clear the mission. Currently at the stage where I'm sitting, it feels like that when you add a buddy it just gets ridiculously easier.

what about difficulty option ? you want easy, go easy, you want hard go hard, easier less reward, harder more reward ?

atm i think the easy mission is too easy, hard mission is too hard, the problem is that they buff the dmg acc and numbers instead of more tactical map AI etc, thus once you buff your frames up with orokins, blue 3 statuses mods, things are again somewhat easy for some, and ofc still hard as a turtle for the other .. except def mission, idk about this, cyropod ! y u no stronger !?

oh and, diff. with those option to select still needs configuration with player's number, like, if you want to make level is considered "hard" for a co-op play with 4 men, i think it would be then impossible for a solo player (matchmaking bug, lag, terrible host etc.), except if that solo player is playing a hard diff. level in mercury while he's able to solo pluto or xini (gear wise)

Edited by Adagio

I think the difficulty is spot on for standard mode.

I think there should be a hard mode for those of us who want a little more challenge.

This ^ +1

Solo this game is pretty crazy hard. As for using cover more often, I would say no actually. If the idea is that we are supposed to be space ninjas, then let us do that rather then play "whack-a-mole" like you do in so many other games. This game doesn't have a well-developed cover system to justify forcing us to use cover more often. If anything, I wish the Grineer weren't so freaking accurate. Pretty much none of your space ninja moves, sliding, jumping and shooting, wallrunning, do a thing to throw off their aim and the Grineer seem to always know where you are even when they've lost sight of you. So, the AI needs some more work although obviously they shouldn't make the game super-easy, it would just help add immersion and also help make the space ninja moves have a bit more purpose.

What I would like to see is the game scale better depending on how many players you have and whether or not you're in solo mode. I wish that the game recognized I had put myself into solo mode and adjusted accordingly, for example, stop making mobs spawn behind me in solo mode. With a team we can handle it, in solo mode it just means I'll end up dead.

In online or private mode, sometimes with 4 people it can seem a bit too easy. Honestly, I'm not sure how much I would tweak the difficulty here, I would rather they just add in a hard mode for those who care to play it and leave the difficulty where it is currently at. It does seem like eventually you can get some great equipment which will allow you to easily deal with lower level enemies but I don't see how that is a bad thing that eventually you can blow through earlier levels, you are supposed to be getting stronger right? My biggest annoyance is when some super-strong person like that joins my team when I'm playing co-op and proceeds to blow through the whole map on their own. Kind of sucks the fun out of it for me.

Solo this game is pretty crazy hard. As for using cover more often, I would say no actually. If the idea is that we are supposed to be space ninjas, then let us do that rather then play "whack-a-mole" like you do in so many other games. This game doesn't have a well-developed cover system to justify forcing us to use cover more often. If anything, I wish the Grineer weren't so freaking accurate. Pretty much none of your space ninja moves, sliding, jumping and shooting, wallrunning, do a thing to throw off their aim and the Grineer seem to always know where you are even when they've lost sight of you. So, the AI needs some more work although obviously they shouldn't make the game super-easy, it would just help add immersion and also help make the space ninja moves have a bit more purpose.

+1

If anything, I wish the Grineer weren't so freaking accurate. Pretty much none of your space ninja moves, sliding, jumping and shooting, wallrunning, do a thing to throw off their aim and the Grineer seem to always know where you are even when they've lost sight of you. So, the AI needs some more work although obviously they shouldn't make the game super-easy, it would just help add immersion and also help make the space ninja moves have a bit more purpose.

Seems interesting to make something like this.

Point was that I'd have been able to solo kill him but I ran out of bullets and since it was my first attempt the next solo run is gonna be a whole lot different.

I feel that there shouldn't be more enemies but rushing into a mob would be more or less suicidal so you should be using cover more often avoiding enemy fire. Funny thing is that I find infected more harder to kill especially ancients who can stand a quite a bit of beating, while griiner with heavy armor goes down so much faster. Griiner with should put up more deadlier fight dealing more damage while infected should be easier to take down but they make it all up with quantity. Imagine that griiners are humans and infected's are zergs.

I guess tl;dr would be: more damage and not so much about health/shields added. They should deal more damage but taking them down shouldn't be that much harder. Especially when the game is advertised as co-op game it should definately feel like you'd need your buddies to help you clear the mission. Currently at the stage where I'm sitting, it feels like that when you add a buddy it just gets ridiculously easier.

I very often find that I would have beaten a mission too if I didn't run out of things like ammo... or health.

Of course I'm being a bit sarcastic, but it just seems a bit silly to say that you can breeze through low level planets (of which you seem to have well out leveled... Saturn is is what, 4-11 on average, and you're rocking a level 18 frame?) and nearly (but didn't quite) kill one of the easiest bosses in the game by yourself. The Youtube videos you speak of are typically of people who have supercharged and maxed frames and weapons with ridiculously good mods. There's a reason they are making "Hey look at me" videos. They're doing what most other people can't.

Your concern would carry more weight if you had already cleared all the content, especially solo. If you want a challenge, Saturn isn't the place to be.

I understand this. What puzzled me was that I thought the boss had level 4 requirement stamped on it. It was already cleared for me that this is not the case. I'm very new player and still learning.

Guess people shouldn't make threads and put up a discussion about this kind of things in feedback forums if you haven't maxed up atleast 4 different warframes. Sarcasm thrown back to ya! =)

Difficulty ratings as off, yes, because they are constantly adding new enemies/weapons/etc and that all effects the difficulty. Further, balance is a process. First everyone cries the game is too hard. Then Chargers come out and everyone cried that they were too hard. Now everyone is saying the game is too easy again.

I'm not saying it is or isn't, but remember this is beta. It is good to hear where the weaknesses are - what things are cripplingly difficult, and which are nauseatingly easy, but remember that its a process.

So when there are threads that say, "Shouldn't this game be easier/harder/better?" the answer is usually, "yes, and we're working on that."

I think the difficulty is spot on for standard mode.

I think there should be a hard mode for those of us who want a little more challenge.

This,I actually enjoy the game at the level it is, I still die to often so wouldn't particularly want it to hard especially as I'm still at Saturn, not all of us are twitch tastic shooter players so if it was to tough it would probably spoil the fun I'm having.

This ^ +1

What I would like to see is the game scale better depending on how many players you have and whether or not you're in solo mode. I wish that the game recognized I had put myself into solo mode and adjusted accordingly, for example, stop making mobs spawn behind me in solo mode. With a team we can handle it, in solo mode it just means I'll end up dead.

In online or private mode, sometimes with 4 people it can seem a bit too easy. Honestly, I'm not sure how much I would tweak the difficulty here, I would rather they just add in a hard mode for those who care to play it and leave the difficulty where it is currently at. It does seem like eventually you can get some great equipment which will allow you to easily deal with lower level enemies but I don't see how that is a bad thing that eventually you can blow through earlier levels, you are supposed to be getting stronger right? My biggest annoyance is when some super-strong person like that joins my team when I'm playing co-op and proceeds to blow through the whole map on their own. Kind of sucks the fun out of it for me.

The only problem I see with our stealth gameplay is that the grineer knows where you are as if they have wallhacks when you set off an alarm. I think that should be changed to even if the alarm is set they won't be able to detect you unless they see you, hit them but don't kill them, or you make a lot of sound. The alarm should only make it so they're more alert and aware of their surrounding. Not give them see through wall hacks.