The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If A Level 30 Normal Becomes A Requirement For Primes

immolator1001

So I just realized if making a prime will require a level 30 normal frame, what happens if we put a reactor on our frame? We'd lose it right? Like if you use a catalysted sidearm when making a dual weapon.

Anyways I would understand if DE did this but would rather they not and yes I do understand it would be my choice to making the prime and lose the potato, but honestly I'd rather not have to make that choice. However if the primes were just a skin then it wouldn't matter. 

It seems to me that the only reason to make Primes into skins is that people are terrified of losing their potatoes...except that in the current system Primes don't replace the regular weapons, which is what these people are pushing for.

I generally have potato blueprints lying around at any given time if I should happen to want one, and if I don't have any BPs it's a pittance to buy one, so I find this all highly amusing.

To be honest, when I first started playing I was a little surprised that primes DIDN"T require the original version. After all, the prime is a more powerful version then the basic version, it would make sense to use the basic as a material to "Upgrade it" into the prime version.

While I completely understand that people are afraid of their potato's being mashed when upgrading, it's not like you can't get them back. (Although they sure don't drop nearly enough)

Hopefully, we would get to keep our spuds when we use the basic frame as a material for prime frime.

To be honest, when I first started playing I was a little surprised that primes DIDN"T require the original version. After all, the prime is a more powerful version then the basic version, it would make sense to use the basic as a material to "Upgrade it" into the prime version.

While I completely understand that people are afraid of their potato's being mashed when upgrading, it's not like you can't get them back. (Although they sure don't drop nearly enough)

Hopefully, we would get to keep our spuds when we use the basic frame as a material for prime frime.

But primes are not upgraded versions of the originals, the originals are inferior versions of the ancient primes.

The Primes are never just a skin though. That's what makes farming void worthwhile.

What would be the difference, if you could farm the Prime Skins ONLY in the void, but keep your potato in your old warframe?

This would encourage farming WHILE conserving your old frame.

What would be the difference, if you could farm the Prime Skins ONLY in the void, but keep your potato in your old warframe?

This would encourage farming WHILE conserving your old frame.

You have point here.

I never did understand why do we need to level same frame twice. Take Frost Prime, it is only regular Frost with extra polartiy ( and bad one imo ). Thats the reason i never claimed Prime from Foundry even i built it. I used Forma on my regular Frost and gave him extra polarity that suits my playstyle.

As for the bling issues, you lose bling when you switch to alternative helmets. So whats the point in Primes being completely different frames? Skin is only logical thing to do here.

Think it isn't the catalyst problem anymore, it more the forma and time spent on levelnig up the same frame 3 times and then "pop" here comes a prime that's the same version of your frame that took you 3 days or so to level up due to forma

Edited by Oz270

You have point here.

I never did understand why do we need to level same frame twice. Take Frost Prime, it is only regular Frost with extra polartiy ( and bad one imo ). Thats the reason i never claimed Prime from Foundry even i built it. I used Forma on my regular Frost and gave him extra polarity that suits my playstyle.

As for the bling issues, you lose bling when you switch to alternative helmets. So whats the point in Primes being completely different frames? Skin is only logical thing to do here.

I have the same issue with the Excalibur Prime. The two V slots always have mods that don't match because I don't want to put on V mods.

Considering that the prime versions are already outright better than the normal versions in every conceivable way thus making the non-primes obselete, they may as well make a Rank 30 version of the non-prime weapon/frame a necessary component for crafting the prime version. Actually turn it into an upgrade system and all that.

As for Catalysts/Reactors, I'd much prefer that it be kept upon upgrading to a Prime version, or at least release a new tool for removing catalysts/reactors from weapons/frames.

Can someone explain to me what making the original weapon a part in the prime blueprint would actually fix? Seems like that would just outright cause problems, namely that you lose all your progress with the original.

I can't understand why people keep asking for that, and I've yet to see any justification for it.

Warframes should use the previous Warframe, as Warframes are supposed to be balanced with each other, supposedly. It would also prevent certain bosses from falling off the map. Weapons can stay the way they are, as lesser weapons are supposed to be outclassed eventually anyway.

Can someone explain to me what making the original weapon a part in the prime blueprint would actually fix? Seems like that would just outright cause problems, namely that you lose all your progress with the original.

I can't understand why people keep asking for that, and I've yet to see any justification for it.

They just want their potatoes and formas to carry over, because calling a new weapon 'x Prime' makes them feel like everything they put into the 'normal' version was a waste of time and resources - if the Hind had been called Burston Prime, I guarantee that the forums would be full of QQ. The same would go for Seer ('lex prime') and Sobek ('boar prime') - apparently it's okay as long as the weapon has a different look and a different name.

Personally, I don't particularly care for Prime gear, other than the ones I got for Founders - even then I don't use them much. I would rather use my Lato Vandal or Akbolto than the prime, and I don't like the look of the Latron Prime enough to stop using the vanilla (which is still extremely effective against pretty much everything, I might add) - mostly I don't give a **** if the numbers are better on x gun than y gun if y gun looks or feels better in-game.

In reality, if you feel you must absolutely always have the best possible gear at all times and it absolutely has to be potatoed and polarized, and you aren't willing to put down cash for those upgrades, you're going to have to wait for the blueprints from stream/random alert/login reward. If you are willing to put down the cash, the onus is on you to make the value judgment, just like (I hope) you would with any other purchase.