Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng And Mods, Alternative Mod Acquisition

AbsolutTalent

I know its a topic that has come up a lot because of frustrations over trying to find a certain rare mod that never drops (for me its Split Chamber)

What if instead of fractions dropping the individual mods, they drop a sort of "currency" that get traded at a Lotus Outpost (inside the market) for whatever mod you wanted.

Seems some enemies drop certain type of polarity mods more than others, so possibly keeping the currencies seperate to still maintain a certain farming feel

Grineer drop V currency (offensive)

Corpus drop D currency (defense)

Infested drop - currency (tactic)

All factions also drop = and y currency (used for sentinel and warframe mods)

Dropped in the form like Resources, with a random amount attached to them like currently being used

In the store you purchase mods like weapons/BPs with credits

Common mods cost=20

Uncommon mods cost=50

Rare mods cost=100

Rank 3 Fusion core=100

Rank 5 fusion core=200

Rank 5 fusion core rare=300

This would help alleviate the amounts of useless mods you get, help people work towards the mods they want

Edited by AbsolutTalent

OR trim down each enemies' drop tables so that we know for sure which enemy to farm for a mod.

Y'know, improve upon DropTable2.0.

I'd welcome a token-based mod shop, but only if it doesn't totally replace mod drops. Sure, farming for a certain mod is a frustrating process, but high expectations/demands will always feel like that.

100 credits for a rare mod? 

LOL.

I didnt say it was credits, I said it was another currency

Take for instance, you run a mission (non-defense) and you get maybe 3-5 mods and 90-400 reubedo. Now take out the mods and use the reubedo for an example, so instead of the mods, you get 90-450 V credits (in addition to the reubedo, its not replacing the resources. Just drawing on their drops as an example for quantity)

So for an average run, instead of getting 3-5 mods each of different rarity, you now get average 250 Mod Credits which you could use to buy 2 rares and a uncommon mod that you want.

I didnt say it was credits, I said it was another currency

Take for instance, you run a mission (non-defense) and you get maybe 3-5 mods and 90-400 reubedo. Now take out the mods and use the reubedo for an example, so instead of the mods, you get 90-450 V credits (in addition to the reubedo, its not replacing the resources. Just drawing on their drops as an example for quantity)

So for an average run, instead of getting 3-5 mods each of different rarity, you now get average 250 Mod Credits which you could use to buy 2 rares and a uncommon mod that you want.

That is still an incredibly bad idea