Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice: Pursue Umbra - Mimic Bug

(PSN)Hawk8798

In the fight against five mimics, it has happened to me three times now that I'll go in, all mimics will appear, then disappear during the fight. So, I'll be fighting five mimics, bullet jump to the other side of the room and only two will follow and now I'm only fighting two mimics. Once I've killed these ones, the others are nowhere to be found. I searched the room thoroughly. It seems to me that the odd items like ferrite or containers that should be mimics aren't registering that they should be mimics. 

Another problem has been occurring too, in that when I do manage to kill a Mimic, the kill counter does not go up from zero. 

This means I can't progress the story mission at all. 

• 1 month later...

The same issue occurred to a friend of mine this evening on pc, latest build of Fortuna. She had just finally been able to beat chains of harrow, worked her way up to this part of the quest line, and then couldn't progress as she killed three mimics, recorded progress on one and then the game lost the other mimics, demonstrated an area where they were to be found (red circle area), but nothing ever happened after that.. I convinced them to try it once more, but the issue took place again. We fought them and just couldn't get more than one or two killed before they disappeared and she couldn't progress. 

Please check into this ASAP DE, I was so excited for them to be able to go into the sacrifice and this took all of the wind out of those sails.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Happened to me thrice today. First time, i killed the mimics and got umbra's shields down, then the game ended saying mission failed. Next two times I entered the place where I get locked down to kill 5 mimics, I kill two, the rest of them don't appear. 

Hey all,

I just found out that this is not always a bug(i had to play the same thing 4 times now). After going into the room where you get locked and it says "kill 5 mimics", if u are fighting more than one mimic at once and lets say you damaged one about 80% and u had to concentrate your fire on another one and leave the "80% damaged one" idle for some time, it shift its shape into a breakable item(like the containers that blow up when you shoot or the containers that drop items when you shoot). So, shoot every single breakable item you see in that room coz mimics that changed their form don't try to shoot you even when you are right beside them.