The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Or Supra / Dera

Rekon

Question

11 answers to this question

Dera feels like a powered up braton with perfect accuracy and no recoil, but the lasers have travel time.

Supra is a laser gorgon. Low accuracy, long reloads, travel time on the lasers but one hell of a lot of damage from the high RoF and base damage.

Braton prime I can't comment on, but from what i've heard it's a lot of people's go-to weapon.

However, it's worth remembering that armour is broken beyond belief right now - you'll want to wait for update 10 to see how each of these weapons perform once it's been (hopefully) fixed.

Braton Prime is a great all-around weapon.

Dera feels like a Brandal with perfect accuracy, no recoil and travel time.

Supra is so inaccurate and it shoots tadpoles that don't move fast at all. If you're using it with Electric Shield, however, it will be more accurate and hitscan. If you intend to use Volt, get Supra.

I thought that Supra still did Bullet damage? Which would make Volt's shield not speed up projectile speed..? But I do know that I tested Lanka and Dera w/ Volt shield, both of which are amazing with it lol.

Lanka's fast travel time is an almost instant hit if shot through the shield and Dera projectiles have 0 travel time as well. Dera is then like a Braton with higher damage and no recoil which is faster killing. It does have 3 less damage per bullet base than the Braton Prime though, but 0 recoil on rapid fire.

But the Dera looks ridiculous, like you're holding a Lego gun or some Minecraft gun.

I thought that Supra still did Bullet damage? Which would make Volt's shield not speed up projectile speed..? But I do know that I tested Lanka and Dera w/ Volt shield, both of which are amazing with it lol.

Lanka's fast travel time is an almost instant hit if shot through the shield and Dera projectiles have 0 travel time as well. Dera is then like a Braton with higher damage and no recoil which is faster killing. It does have 3 less damage per bullet base than the Braton Prime though, but 0 recoil on rapid fire.

But the Dera looks ridiculous, like you're holding a Lego gun or some Minecraft gun.

Yes, but it's not dependent on the damage type. It's dependent on whether you're using a non-hitscan projectile weapon.

Braton Prime vs Dera is a game of trade-offs. Braton Prime has slightly higher base DPS, but scales slightly less well compared to Dera's Laser damage. Both of these damage potentials are minor enough that they make next to no difference. Braton Prime has hitscan, but Dera makes up for it travel time with pinpoint accuracy. The deciding factor depends on how comfortable you are at leading your shots and/or firing in bursts. That, and how hard it is to get either of these weapons. Braton Prime requires some grueling void farming (assuming relatively average luck) and 10 orikin cells. Dera requires clan research and forma, which is also very rare and valuable.

As for the Supra, its really a whole other beast entirely, with much higher DPS in exchange for ammo burn. It's not necessarily superior to the Dera or Braton Prime, but it plays very differently, requiring even more leading due to slower travel time and learning when to burst fire and when to let loose full auto.

Braton Prime vs Dera is a game of trade-offs. Braton Prime has slightly higher base DPS, but scales slightly less well compared to Dera's Laser damage. Both of these damage potentials are minor enough that they make next to no difference. Braton Prime has hitscan, but Dera makes up for it travel time with pinpoint accuracy. The deciding factor depends on how comfortable you are at leading your shots and/or firing in bursts. That, and how hard it is to get either of these weapons. Braton Prime requires some grueling void farming (assuming relatively average luck) and 10 orikin cells. Dera requires clan research and forma, which is also very rare and valuable.

As for the Supra, its really a whole other beast entirely, with much higher DPS in exchange for ammo burn. It's not necessarily superior to the Dera or Braton Prime, but it plays very differently, requiring even more leading due to slower travel time and learning when to burst fire and when to let loose full auto.

Like I said, I'm using Volt's Electric shield, so travel time will not be a problem, and as far as I know the shield makes a weapon hit scan ( i guess ), also resources are not a problem.