Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Opinions(?)] Trinity Starter Arsenal

LadyScootaloo

Question

I need some help deciding what to get, initially.

I am currently Rank2, using a Volt.

I plan to buy a Founder pack in a few hours(or not at all) and get the Trinity warframe right away.

I hear it's very slow and the damage is reliant on weapons rather than skills, but that's fine with me.

Mods will help make up for sprint speed and I do like playing support.

I need help deciding what to get for her, initially, since she's so 'weak'.

Main Weapon. (I eventually intend to make a HEK from blueprint, endgame)

- Boltor, for the armour ignore? [iF I GET THIS, I WILL NOT USE AKBOLTO]

- Gorgon, for the insane dps spam? [suggested by several people]

- Non-platinum-only Main, to save plat for future use? [Just temporary until Gorgon/Whatever else suggested]

Pistol (not as important, really, though I'm working on making an akbolto)

- Not really sure, still using default Lato.

Melee (a bit more detail into this) [Heat Sword ; DeepbloodEclipse]

I normally have no use for melees against bosses, and frankly the Cronus does an excellent job as a longsword.

However, I'm not experienced with other melee weapons and trying to grasp ideas of how they work is confusing given the multiple mod choices for them.

What I need from a Melee is the ability to sweep mobs while remaining agile.

(1hit from moderately quick charge preferred, similar to early-game with the Skana)

- Heat Sword [TRYING TO GET]

- Gram, optimal heavy blade with decent speed and multiple-targets?

- Scindo, ???, ?

- Fragor, stats seem identical to Scindo, but has armour ignore?

Additional Info :

I don't solo often.

I usually join games or play with my current friends(1-2) in private.

I only play the game sparingly as my studies are really heavy on my schedule. (holidays now)

Edited by FlameLaevateinn

18 answers to this question

if you are getting Akbolto as your pistol, then I advise gorgon as your main, outfitted with some armor piercing mods.

HEK sounds like a bad idea because you have to get close to get a decent shot, and if you get too close, let's say it's bad for your health.

Gram is a pretty fast for a heavy weapon and it can cleave throught atleast 3 enemies at once, otherwise stay with Cronus or if you are lucky enough to get single Heat Sword.

Hmm... This is athough one. First thing explain more in your gameplay style do you support players by healing, providing cover fire or help them sweep the room.

The main weapon hmmm..... The boltor not such a great idea. Gorgon would good if you're the assist fire type. Non-plat, you have to give detailed info

The secondary weapon. if you're planning to support then the akbolto might be a 50/50 thing.

Your melee should be something strong like the Furax or Scindo.

Thanks for the quick replies.

@DeepbloodEclipse

What if I decide not to take Akbolto for a pistol?

What would you recommend for pistol instead?

I still intend to make a HEK, eitherway. Thanks for the warning, though.

I just happen to be a shotgun type. (played a certain tps for 5-7 years and now cannot remove the idea of "shotgun=awesome" from my mindset)

So if I did not take Akbolto(from earlier), do I take Boltor?

I'll work on finalizing a Heat Sword someday, thanks for the info.

I guess sticking to Cronus while running blueprints for Gram.

@Dr-Jelly

All three, but I prioritize sweeping and bossing. (I picked Trinity PARTICULARLY to deal with bosses more easily as a team)

I had to give up speed and damage ability, but setting up link, tanking, using Vamp and then wrecking havoc on any boss is a wonder to me.

(I assume this works on Trinity, I don't actually know. If it doesn't, I will regret having wasted my cash, but it was my mistake for lack of research and not the fault of the game)

Gorgon sounds like a winner, but it's also a Rank 3 item. I guess I'll take a Braton until Rank3.

Secondary weapon should be something for alternative bosses if I run into something I don't expect.

In which case, Akbolto's armour ignore seems like an ideal ability, compared to the other pistols so far.

How do you compare Furax/Scindo to Gram? (suggested by DeepbloodEclipse)

Edit : Also, why is Boltor a bad choice?

Gram is currently weaker than Furax/Scindo. With Furax and Scindo being on par(my opinion). The Braton is better than Gorgon in terms of accuracy but is overshadowed by having a weaker dps. Sticking with Braton is a good idea as the Braton is a well-rounded weapon capable of killing and assisting. Oh and currently taking the Boltor might not be a good idea with having a complex aiming and lower than expected damage. The same goes with the other bolto series. Ask more question if you still don't understand but my advice to you is to try the weapon first than evaluate it.

The thing about Trinity is that she is indeed awesome to have along for bosses. She's just useless outside of boss fights in most instances. Trash dies too fast to take advantage of healing up your teammates, and often since it's just a speed running zerg fest, some other guy shot the target you were tapping for someone in specific. Also, as your team gears up more and more, she's less appealing on boss fights due to your team being able to down them much faster without reliance on powers, and they will be tanky enough where your healing shouldn't be necesary.

All in all, she's not a great frame ATM, but I'm hoping that changes. 95% of the game she's not very useful. That 5% typically comes just from bosses, and ones that really are otherwise beyond your team's ability to handle.

Well, if youre staying back (would suit you with a slow movementspeed) try one of the long guns, Latron or Snipertron, that way you can focus fire on high priority targets such as shield ospreys or grineer heavies while your guys take care of the rest. In that case i would suggest using the Bronco as secondary to have some close quarters punch, helps a great deal against chargers and grinders as well.

In any case your first gun wont be your last, promised! I would say that any gun is practical as a starter gun. It all comes to your playstyle and the task at hand:

Concider:

Long Distance between you and your enemies: Long guns/ maybe Burstron

Those tend to force you away from the enemies as they are close to useless in melee range compared to fast fire/shotgun types

In the middle of everything/ melee focus: Shotguns or fast firing high Dmg guns like the Boltor to supplement your melee menace

Medium Distance/ varying distance/ multi purpose: Gorgon/Boltor/ Burstron (other assault rifles work as well)

Secondary:

You can either capitalize on the advantage of your main, i.e. Snipertron/ Lex or Bolto to really kill everything from miles away even with a datamass, while out of ammo for either one, or while downed

Or work on its drawbacks, i.e. no short range stopping power on the Snipertron, take the Bronco / Furis, No long range Dmg on the Hek= take the Lex or Bolto

Choice depending on Task:

Shotguns vs. Infested, works like a charm; Bolt throwers vs. Grineers, brilliant! Shotguns without AP mods vs grineers, no way! unless you hit their face xD

While Gorgon and the other bullet rifles tend to do their job on either one regardless of mods, but with out any clear advantage.

As Infested rely on melee attacks and fast movement, fast firing weapons have the edge over slow firing higher precision weapons.

I tend to play my Ash with a melee Focus/ Mid range loadout, i.e. Boltor+Bronco and do most work with my melee weapons, even vs a giant wall of grineer, simply smoke and teleport and youre all over them. However, this wont apply to your play style, as Trinity lacks a Gapcloser/ Aggro losing ability. So youre forced away from the enemy or will have to endure more dmg than other frames that are more suitable for that role.

My suggestion for Trinity would be Latron + Bronco as a starter, and aiming to get the Boltor really quick, maybe opting for a Lex to get additional long range dmg.

Hope you found that useful!

@Dr-Jelly

Thanks, I'll take your word for it.

I guess I'll make a Scindo alongside a Gram to test it out.

@Cawkslapjones (lul)

I expected that.

I already have a supercharged Volt(starter) and will end up getting Excalibur Prime if I do try to buy my Trinity, so that's fine. I'll have some fallbacks if necessary, though I think it'll still be fun using Tri.

Thanks for confirming my ideas so far on how well she works for now.

@Nevrmoor

I can't bear using snipers in fast-paced games.

I don't plan to stand back, even if I'm a bit slow to start and lack the proper tankiness.

Primary,

I see, thanks.

I did plan something of the sort, though right now I lack the info to decide what to go with, initially.

Secondary,

Hmm, so I guess I should consider it as my post-revival-backup-weapon rather than an alternative fire source.

Good point.

Infested AI is kinda... dumb. I noticed they don't attack you on any body that is above their head regardless if they would hit you if they tried. (I know they will fix this, and THEN we're screwed cuz of GAAAAAAAAAANK.)

While not being able to be as assertive as I usually am with Volt, I am sure I can manage with Trinity, given some careful timing and assistance from squadmates.

Learning how to manage with different frames seems to be an ideal of this game as it is. I find it agreeable.

Progress matters.

Thanks, that was useful.

I main Trinity

I use Boltor with max ammo carry mods currently up to 1300 <- If noone has a rapid fire gun for bosses

Lex with Multyshot and Crit Chance /Supercharged <-Maingun I never run out of ammo and if your team takes care of the dps you take chunks out of bosses weakspots

Heatsword for Critchance /Supercharged

New Gram for Critchance and Firerate /Supercharged

Trinity is pretty much a weird tank when your not in a bossroom your invincible with link

This is how I play you don't have to use it.

Its mostly just me supporting my habit of maining Lex

(I hope they release a revolver soon <3!!!!)

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

Thanks for the quick replies.

@DeepbloodEclipse

What if I decide not to take Akbolto for a pistol?

What would you recommend for pistol instead?

I still intend to make a HEK, eitherway. Thanks for the warning, though.

I just happen to be a shotgun type. (played a certain tps for 5-7 years and now cannot remove the idea of "shotgun=awesome" from my mindset)

So if I did not take Akbolto(from earlier), do I take Boltor?

@Dr-Jelly

Gorgon sounds like a winner, but it's also a Rank 3 item. I guess I'll take a Braton until Rank3.

Secondary weapon should be something for alternative bosses if I run into something I don't expect.

In which case, Akbolto's armour ignore seems like an ideal ability, compared to the other pistols so far.

How do you compare Furax/Scindo to Gram? (suggested by DeepbloodEclipse)

Edit : Also, why is Boltor a bad choice?

If you decide not take akbolto, then a very decent alt is Lex, it's basically a handheld sniper rifle, headshots galore(I use it every grineer mission with my lower level warframes, 70% of kills are headshots with this beauty), or you can also quench your love for shotguns with Bronco, then you can pick Gorgon or anything else as your main, I personally use a rank 30 Aklato, it overshadows most of my guns.

Braton is indeed a very decent gun, it can easily last you for a very long time, but the downside is that it burns through ammo....fast. But Gorgon is no better in that regard, it all comes down to how many bullets either one can dispense lategame, since you'll be facing lots of shielded enemies. In that regard Gorgon is more preferable becasue of its high damage. But if you do still wan't hek, avoid elemental mods, they do nothing for shotguns, go allout in a mix of armor piercing, damage and critical mods. And if you are lucky enough to get multishot mods...then, chaos warm welcome.

It's true that scindo has massive power and so does furax, but furax has a jokingly small hitbox, and scindo is slow, no matter how you put it. Seeing as you said you want something fast, but strong, I put Gram on the table. Bolto line of weapons might be bad idea in my opinion becasue it's projectiles fly slowly, therefore it can miss enemies even tho its a very accurate gun. I only use Boltor in grineer missions, backed up by Lexie, because I just love blowing their heads off.

Edited by DeepbloodEclipse

@MoyuTheMedic

I take all opinions, suggestions, methods, ideals, styles, niches, habits into consideration.

So how does Boltor fare compared to Gorgon. Given that you can increase Gorgon's firepower or piercing ability through mods to cover for what Boltor has that Gorgon lacks?

Heat Sword is kinda hard to get, since it's Alert-only? (I've NEVER seen a ? on any Alert up til now. Probably just my bad timing)

Does Link not work on Bosses?

How does multishot work, exactly? It's not very clear.

Of course, all my end-game-viable weaponry will be supercharged ASAP.

@DeepbloodEclipse

Lex sounds wonderful. I'll try that first instead of wasting materials on Akbolto for now, to see if it's effective enough.

Shotgun stays(not always gonna use it, of course), thanks for the suggestions on how to make it work endgame.

I see. I'll try to make both over time and see if Scindo's lesser speed is sufficient enough to be 'fast' for my use.

I'm suddenly losing the interest for Bolto weapons, considering all opinions, but I won't disregard it til I've tested it myself.

Thanks a lot.

So how does Boltor fare compared to Gorgon. Given that you can increase Gorgon's firepower or piercing ability through mods to cover for what Boltor has that Gorgon lacks?

Truth be told, it seems to me that with firing rate upgrades increase the boltors projectiles flying speed, compensating for it's crappy start, also, in the end it will have most stats comparable to Braton, except for having an innate 100% armor piercing. So in that case, you can use the extra mod slots to increase max ammo storage(I have 50% max ammo mod, so that means 750 bullets+ clip), or maximise damage to make it surpass even gorgon, that's what I am gonna do.

Multishot works like this, with a chance it will shoot out an extra bullet, I have a rank 30, blue rarity multishot mod with a 73,5% chance. So that means, once i equip it, 73,5% chance to shoot out an extra round per bullet, but I think it doesn't use up ammunition. I'm not so sure, because I don't use multishot that often. And I don't have a rank 30 rifle to equip it on.

@DeepbloodEclipse

The Wiki says Shotguns get an immediate pellet-count increase from Multishot mods rather than the % chance of it working.

Is it true?

(also yes, that IS sick, eitherway)

I see.

Well, then I'll have to get both.

Thanks.

@DeepbloodEclipse

The Wiki says Shotguns get an immediate pellet-count increase from Multishot mods rather than the % chance of it working.

Is it true?

(also yes, that IS sick, eitherway)

I see.

Well, then I'll have to get both.

Thanks.

Yes, for shotungs, it increase the amount of pellets fired.

I'm the kind that collects them all anyway.

@MoyuTheMedic

I take all opinions, suggestions, methods, ideals, styles, niches, habits into consideration.

Heat Sword is kinda hard to get, since it's Alert-only? (I've NEVER seen a ? on any Alert up til now. Probably just my bad timing)

Does Link not work on Bosses?

Of course, all my end-game-viable weaponry will be supercharged ASAP.

Thanks a lot.

I use the boltor because its mroe accuret then the gorgon and has ap so it will do generaly more damage unmodded then the gorgon

the fast aaccuret shots compliment the Lex for my playstyle

Link works on bosses all damage you take other then poison hurt whatever your linked to and you take no damage

http://i.imgur.com/ort8ne4.gif

best setup sofar

I recomend yes sprint speed /obvius energy efficiancy but also an enemy radar and loot radar especialy if you lack sprint speed

You will want to smash all barrels for energy I recomend using the Lex for this job so you dont have to be next to them

Multyshot fires a second bullet at the exact same spread cone as teh bullet you just fired I hear

I know it does not use up a second bullet<-- hope this changes

and its probably the best mod in the game

My keyboard is buste from to much gaming on this laptop to much work to go back and fix things

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

Support does not translate to "practically pointless and an annoyance for most of the game" to me.

It's one thing that Tri has no actual offensive skills, that makes perfect sense.

It makes sense that her debuffs have a huge cast rate.

It also makes sense that she's just ridiculously soft.

However, WHY WOULD TRINITY BE MADE SO SLOW.

How do you support if you're always the target victim of many mobs(particularly infestation missions) and can't keep out of the boss's ranges with more ease?

Not to mention the only 'support' Tri is for is DURING boss fights.

Which she takes forever to get to unless everyone slows down and spends some time killing mobs.

Completely agree to yours above, thats why longer range weaponry fits her. You can hit stuff far behind the frontline without the need to get close.

On another note, shes among the skinnier frames, why is she so slow?

Vandal would be her kind of weapon i reckon. Just started to level one myself to swap for the boltor in certain circumstances.