The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Low Fps With A Reasonably Good Machine

DerBlaueLeif

Hi,

I hope this has not been posted here to often if so I couldn't find the thread on short notice. Recently my framerate dropped from a smooth 60 down to somewhat around 20 to 30 and even beyond that to 13 (lowest point). My machine however is quite good with a 660Ti, an i5 and tons of RAM. Now my question is how can I improve my framerate? Is there some major known issue here? Because other games run just fine only Warframe takes a massive hit.

Sure I have the short end of the stick here but before I was under the impression that Warframe is quite well optimized. The frames often drop on Infeted interior missions and when there is really really a lot on the screen. Just like there is now with the Survival Weekend event.

Sure I have the short end of the stick here but before I was under the impression that Warframe is quite well optimized. The frames often drop on Infeted interior missions and when there is really really a lot on the screen. Just like there is now with the Survival Weekend event.

Well, because it is well optimized in some areas/tilesets. In others (VOID!!!!!) it's atrocious, I feel like I am trying to run Crysis 3 on vacuum cleaner or cement mixer.

Well, because it is well optimized in some areas/tilesets. In others (VOID!!!!!) it's atrocious, I feel like I am trying to run Crysis 3 on vacuum cleaner or cement mixer.

The optimization is all over the place. For some people, it runs well in some places and not well in others; for people like me, it runs poorly regardless of the area, and regardless of video settings.

The optimization is all over the place. For some people, it runs well in some places and not well in others; for people like me, it runs poorly regardless of the area, and regardless of video settings.

It is also rather inconsistent, I can run a Void mission perfectly fine with no problems at all smooth as warm butter, then I do another run, the same type of key and I will have choppy and very unenjoyable gameplay.

I like to think my PC isn't half bad too.

My fps in normal areas is 30 ~ 40

i have better fps in Crysis on ultra settings  with 2xAA than warframe.

of course i'm talking about levels like Phobos and Void, they are heavy, phobos stay in 18 ~22 fps here in 1280x720, 20 ~ 25 fps in the void

Crysis get always 30 fps ( framerate lock), and crysis 2 run at 44~60 fps with ultra settings, high-res texture and Dx11 , crysis 3 run at 22~30 fps with high settings.

(1280x720)

the funny is, before U9, my warframe was running at 60 FPS.

my config

Athlon x2 270 3.4 GHz

AMD Sapphire 7750 800MHz @ 850MHz

4gb ddr3 Corsair 1333 Mhz

Asus m5a78l-m lx\br

HD Sansung 250gb 7200rpm