The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Chroma update seems to have broken ping measurement and high ping avoidance.

Taverius

Ever since that update landed I never see any ping numbers higher than 150ms, but I've had plenty such games where the actual ping (going by the severity of effects) was something in the order of 1000+ms.

Just now I did a plague star event where

* the clan trophy drop from the hemocyte was so lagged it was a solid entity I could jump onto, and jump into from below and get bounced down supermario style, for a good 10 seconds.

* I never saw a single hemocyte animation because it would just go from alive to suddenly exploded jerkily, from invulnerable to post-attack and back to invulnerable without ever animating.

* I couldn't aim because my reticle was full of energy orbs, mods and ammo that hanging in midair for several seconds waiting for my frame to absorb them.

But displayed ping was never above 115ms, even though effects this pervasive required ping values of 2-3000ms from atrocious hosts until yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, at least I'm not the only one having this problem. In the last couple of weeks, almost all public teams I joined showed a ping that was between 100 and 400 ms tops, but the game behaved like the ping was 1000+ ms, with the other players and enemies constantly teleporting around and bouncing back to previous positions, nullifier bubbles not decreasing under fire, enemies going from full health to disappearing corpses, etc. I was starting to think the problem was my internet line, but maybe it's not.