Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resurrecting an age old issue that still has not been addressed.

watusaytomepnk

47 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

you can practice the test ad infinitum in a relay before doing it for real. no real reason to fail

Though the tests aren't exactly something obvious for newer players.

They really should just be an option for when a player chooses to rank up instead of forcing people to go out of their way and just "know" that there are practice tests at all.

The issue is more for me that a massive amount of the tests are buggy (all the stealth ones when i did them had really buggy line of sight, and mr24 having weird hitboxes on the moving control points are examples of a couple) just letting us retry them until we get it instead of, having already earned the level by grinding a ton of weapons then having to practice a bunch of times for something you never need to do again if you succeed then still losing to a bug or the ancient code of the tests is obnoxious, time consuming, and unrewarding.

Not to say that any of these points against me above are irrelevant, but I feel like they are more bandages over the issue rather then actually making it better.

Edited by watusaytomepnk

I kind of agree with this statement, i've had the issue where i failed an actual attempt and had to wait, and have gotten many friends into the game who got annoyed at the 24 hour timer because the first 2-3 MR goes very quickly, they all said the same thing that they thought is was stupid and didn't make any sense.
BUT that being said i do get the reason its suppose to be a challenge, something you DO NOT want to fail. While you can smash your head against the brick wall of practice mode (Bare in mind practice wasn't always a thing, so going in used to be a scary thing sometimes) Its a time gate, to stop players rushing through everything, for example the first 3ish levels could easily be done in the first day of play, and for those players with their parents credit card who buy thousands of platinum who can buy and/or rush every piece of equipment, could easily get up to 15+ using level maps.
So yes it is annoying but for once in a game i agree with the use of timegating, i wouldn't feel as 'accomplished' at MR25 if the time gating wasn't there.