Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

relic missions overhaul suggestion

Relic missions atm suffer a lot from connectivity issues and bugs. Loss of relics along with drops happens a lot. Finding pre-made groups for specific relics can be a pain as well. Will you go "1 by 1" or radshare? Will everyone bring the refined relic or try to squeeze in an intact? Long story short plenty of technical and other bs -to put it kindly- takes away from the relic farming experience. Here's my suggestion for relic missions:

Instead of bringing relics to missions and picking drops at the end of a mission or rotation relics can be opened in the ship. Instead of one piece per person you can choose from 3 options for each relic, options would roll in the same way and may spawn same item more than once (have to admit getting 3/3 forma bp would make it a d*ck move but such reality already exists).

Void traces drop as usual and used to refine relics, you join the fissues to farm void shards to crack a relic open. There can be specific void shards for lith meso neo and axi  in their respective missions or they can be universal along with fissure missions, higher tier relics may demand more shards (I guess). Alternatively void traces can be used to craft or be concentrated into void shards like 10 traces for 1 shard and fissures would be the places to farm for traces.

Anyway I hope relic missions get an overhaul at some point.

Edited by Guest

i like this idea for non endles missions but for survivials and defenses i kinda want to know what im opening right there on the spot and not spend 20 mins opening relics back on the ship.
in a way this whoole idea reminds me of kuva farming and rerolling rivens except your farming traces and opening relics

11 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Why would you get 3 choices? Break it solo and you get one choice. This is a rather absurd boost to getting parts.

You get three choices from the pool because you are opening the relic solo instead of a for example radshare group, that's the point of joining relic groups: to improve your chances. If you do a relic mission solo there is no choice something random is added to your inventory you get to see it on results screen. For people who'd rather go solo on relics nothing would change, since you can get multiple of the same drop your chance of getting the part you want will be just a sh*tty as it was. The purpose here is to play around people or technical issues messing up a relic mission and making people lose relics and/or prime parts etc they rolled for. It's not just host migrations, some people pick a relic and join, their relic doesn't register and they waste time in that mission only to realize they didn't even get void traces from the mission.

10 hours ago, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

i like this idea for non endles missions but for survivials and defenses i kinda want to know what im opening right there on the spot and not spend 20 mins opening relics back on the ship.
in a way this whoole idea reminds me of kuva farming and rerolling rivens except your farming traces and opening relics

in endless missions you'll end up having more traces and/or shards you'll get to open more relics as a result, my main concern is host migrations both for technical issue related or people bailing out messing up the whole group (since there are no dedicated servers on the horizon and we're stuck with P2P). Even in pre-made groups you can end up getting screwed over by a random hick-up somewhere. This way even if you lose progress you won't end up losing a relic.