Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Story-based missions that add periodic content

BouzuJunzo

Right now, we're in a content drought and everyone knows it. Content creators are doing a good job getting the word out that players should respond and I thought I'd put in my two cents.

We've had story missions from most of the syndicates, but we never see them interacting with those that they're allied with. Interactions between syndicates could lead to some nice story twists and they could give us missions that involve these ties. Also, what if instead of just Crossfire missions between Corpus and Grineer, we got those missions between syndicates? Also, where is our in-depth mission from the Arbitors of Hexis? Personally, I'd LOVE to see what a mission from those who revere the Warframes would look like!

Another story idea could involve the rest of humanity. We've seen pockets of humanity around the solar system, but Earth is a big planet. We've seen the Plains of Eidolon, the Silver Grove, and Mt. Everest, but what about what remains of human or Orokin cities? We know that many biomes are intact, but we've only explored the Grineer factories. And now we're going to get Gas City on Jupiter? Enh, ok. Extra glad that we're getting K-Drives and Fortuna soon, but I think part of the problem is smaller pieces of content more often. 

Or, why not do something like Telltale games and give us bits of story associated with the (SPOILERS).....

...humans who became Warframes now that the cat is out of the proverbial bag? Sure we get story pieces in the Codex, but what if we got those pieces in the game now that the Sacrifice is done. Not only would it prevent content droughts, but it would also create opportunities for character development and story progression. 

8 minutes ago, BouzuJunzo said:

Not only would it prevent content droughts

It is undeniable fact that DE cannot make content faster than the players can consume it. These bits of lore and the missions themselves cannot make themselves. Content droughts aren't from DE not knowing what to do. It's from them making the next thing. Smaller things are consumed that much faster.

10 minutes ago, BouzuJunzo said:

Or, why not do something like Telltale games and give us bits of story

Stories wholly unconnected from our current frames and weapons? Prequels where there's no ability for us to do anything or have any of the equipment the players have spent their time in-game getting?