Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Idea (Rewards For Passing Tests)

raian78

So I just did my mastery level 6 test, and the mission complete screen I got a couple hundred XP for my frame, and 1000 credits. This was a little meh.

I was thinking that to encourage people to grind for their next mastery rank, and to reward those who just complete a test, there could be specific rewards for each Mastery level.

These could include things like orkin cells, forma BP, catalyst & reactor BP's, and then for higher level mastery ranks maybe unique weapon/frame blueprints that can't be acquired any other way (so they are not useless to veteran players).

I'd also suggest 10,000 credits per Mastery level, just to help out the newer players, I know credits are not hard to get, but 1000 for the test seems underwhelming.

So something like this

1. Orkin Cell, 10,000 credits.

2. Forma BP, 20,000 credits.

3. Catalyst BP, 30,000 credits

4. Reactor BP, 40,000 credits.

ETC

As you can't redo mastery tests, you can't farm BP's from this, but gives some nice rewards/incentive that don't break the game as you level up.

I'd leave it up to wiser heads than mine to suggest what the actual rewards per mastery level test passed should be, but I do like the idea of some kinda unique item, does not have to be particularly powerful even.

What does the community think?

Mastery Rank needs more incentives and I think test rewards are a good way to do that.

if we're going to reward people for taking the tests, it makes sense to do it ASAP to reduce the number of retroactive rewards that need to be granted to players who have already reached certain ranks.

There you go then. DE are pretty good at providing what the community wants. Most of the time when my clan has any issues they are generally fixed in a patch or two.

I've only watched the last three live streams, so may have missed DE talking about rewards for mastery tests.

Still I like my idea, I hope they do something like that. thanks for the replys. =)

DE already stated they want to add rewards to mastery test, or something like this, some livestreams ago.

What about the ones who already did the test?

I saw mastery Rank 5 should give you a free warframe slot. It is already hard enough to get there from the hours.

They are already pretty easy at the moment, a difficulty spike would be necessary to get such 'rewards'.

The reward would be for the grinding, not so much the actual test, so I don't believe you would need to make them harder. they are possible to fail if you don't you-tube them first.

Totally agreed. As of now, most people don't even bother leveling their Mastery Rank other than for accessing weapons such as Miter, Ogris, Acrid, etc.

They should be rewarded for clearing Mastery Tests so it motivates player to level up.

I'm thinking of:

0->1 = 10.000 Credits and 1 of all rare materials (Orokin Cell, Neural Sensors, Control Module, Gallium, Morphics)

1->2 = 20.000 Credits, unlocks several weapons, Orokin Catalyst BP

2->3 = 30.000 Credits, Orokin Reactor BP, 1 Weapon Slot

3->4 = 40.000 Credits, unlocks several weapons, 1 Weapon Slot, 1 Forma BP

4->5 = 50.000 Credits, Orokin Catalyst BP

5->6 = 60.000 Credits, unlocks several weapons, 1 Warframe Slot, 1 Forma BP

6->7 = 70.000 Credits, unlocks several weapons, 1 Forma BP OR 1 Orokin Reactor BP OR 1 Orokin Catalyst BP

7->8 = 80.000 Credits, etc.

The reasoning for these rewards are:

0->1 = Easy to achieve, gives most newbies money for them to ACTUALLY BUY A NEW WEAPON OR CRAFT CRONUS. Also rare materials so they can decide whether they want to just save up and make Sentinel or Warframe, etc.

1->2 = More weapons unlocked, thus giving them Orokin Catalyst BP in-case they prefer their current weapon and wants to just pump it further.

2->3 = Orokin Reactor BP since at this stage, most people already maxed their starter warframe and MIGHT WANT to pump it further. A weapon slot is also given since there are several people who just stay idle in a planet and farm for materials to try out weapons.

3->4 = Another weapon slot since they just unlocked even more weapons. Also a Forma BP since they can now craft Clan Weapons.

4->5 = Orokin Catalyst BP since at this stage of the game, most players will have found another weapon of their preference.

5->6 = Ogris, Flux Rifle, etc is now being unlocked, thus another Forma BP. Also some players might've even begun creating their 3rd frame so they're given an extra slot.

6->7 = High-end weapons are unlocked such as Acrid, and most players will have A VERY EASY TIME FARMING MATERIALS right now. Thus only given selection of EITHER Forma BP OR Orokin Catalyst BP OR Orokin Reactor BP.

Totally agreed. As of now, most people don't even bother leveling their Mastery Rank other than for accessing weapons such as Miter, Ogris, Acrid, etc.

<snip>

Thanks for the suggestions. i like them. Sorry it took so long for me to see your post!

Personaly I would like some rewards for completing the mastery tests. But to be totaly honest I would also be really happy if everything in game from frames to weapons and maybe even mods had a mastery requirement to use. Not just a few here and there as it is now. 

Personaly I would like some rewards for completing the mastery tests. But to be totaly honest I would also be really happy if everything in game from frames to weapons and maybe even mods had a mastery requirement to use. Not just a few here and there as it is now. 

Yeah, I'd be down with that to an extent. Once you get to a certain amount of time in, pretty much the all the content except maybe the clan stuff is available to you. The sense of achievement in unlocking new things is the RPG element that works so well in keeping people addicted to current gen FPS's games, and seems to be missing here. Note i'm not asking for CoD clone, just that a tiered unlocking system give people goals and keeps them playing.

Well I look at it like this. I have a few freinds that have given the game a try. But since there is nothing stopping them from just maxing out their starting frame and gear they see no reason to ever rank up. So they never try a new frame or new weapon. Then they complain the game is to simple and boring. The few I got to try out new stuff like swaping out their frame or going for a new weapon load out love the game.

If if say mods or maybe just mods of some ranks had a mastery requirment then you would have some reason to rank up even if you really liked 1 frame and 1 load out you would still have this incentive to work on other stuff. And im not talking huge requirement say maxed out mods require rank 3 to slot. Something that is doable by most people.