Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Lancer Spamming

Otakuwolf

With the last of the survival events i discovered something: Shield lancers can literally spam you with bash attacks, and this is something that shouldn't happen.

I'm not complaining about the fact that Shield Lancers actually do shield bash but when you die/loose a match because you and your teammates are spammed by an entire team of 5, 6  of them knocking you down over and over all the time making you unable to stand up or do anything, is just stupid.

And don't come up telling me "just kill them or avoid them" when you have to pay attention to one milion other things on screen like that Heavy Grineer that keeps shooting you and your teammates or the Rollies that keep staggering you, or the scorpions or that downed teammate of yours you're trying to revive, you don't have a 360 degrees angle view so is unavoidable to get hit by something at somepoint, and when it's just that one shield lancer followed by another one, and another one over and over until you die because you couldn't do anything while grounded, you're dead without any possibility to do anything, and all just because you missed that one enemy not because you couldn't pay attention, but because you, as your teammates, were too busy with something else.

Even rollies and scorpions are more fair than this, Rollies stagger you but that's just a brief moment compared to the eternity you have to spend grounded when a shield lancer knocks you down, and scorpions also ground you but for the time they drag you around you're already standing back up so it's still more fair than just staying still on the ground with a bullseye painted on, waiting for the next lancer to charge and knock you down again (and FYI, not everyone has a handspring or a fortitude).

I can understand that a game should be challenging and some things should be hard, but spamming is neighter hard nor challenging, is stupid, and losing a match because you got spammed without any chance to avoid it is not fun at all, i'd rather prefer to have 3 Grineer bombards shooting me from 3 different places at same time than this.

So, since spamming isn't fun, i would suggest a few things to do about those lancers, just to prevent the spamming and/or give somehow a chance to the player to can avoid it:

1) Limit the number of shield lancers spawn or limit the number of shield lancers targeting the same player, so the players are knocked down only to a certain point.

2) When a player is knocked down he can't be knocked down again until he stands back up, so at least he could use a skill or do something to avoid the next charge

3) If one lancer is targeting a player for a charge, no other lancers will target the player for a bash until the player is hit (or missed) by the previous one

Sorry for the rant, but loosing a survival match just because of this is quite annoying, and i don't think it should happen in a "fair" game.

Edited by Otakuwolf

I'm not complaining about the fact that Shield Lancers actually do shield bash but when you die/loose a match because you and your teammates are spammed by an entire team of 5, 6  of them knocking you down over and over all the time making you unable to stand up or do anything, is just stupid.

Hey, dude, police called and asked to tell you: "Ow, hello there".

yeah, shield lancers should have some kind of restriction on knocking down a player that was just recently bashed by another shield lancer, it's just plain annoying how long they can keep you down, and even 2 barely leave enough time for you to fall back without the first one ramming you again *memories of first encounter with 2 shield lancers.*

That or reduce their charge range or something, I mean their shield lancers, don't they have something more important to do, like, you know, SHIELD allies or something?