Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is Gara more op tank than others?

mflames

Question

My Tenno's

Just got Gara last night, will level her up tonight. So with 90% damage reduction on gara, does that make her like the most OP tank?

because my valkyr has 1650 armor so thats 16.5% damage reduction, so having 90% is like gonna be a whole new world level of damage mitigation, is it like having 90 000 armor?
So how does melee blocking and parry work with Splinter storm's damage reduction?

100 bullets flying at me.
Splinter storm is on.
Im blocking with my melee weapon.

So what happens first? Does my melee block 85% then splinter storm further reduces damage by 90%?
Does Gara's with steel fiber further reduce damage?

So the stacking of splinter storm doesnt matter to me currently, i only care about modding her for 129% strength and get that reduction 90% cap, as im mostly want to just swing my weapons around against high level targets.

Also this is silly for me to ask, what is the best color combinations you guys have picked for her? cause the default is not to my liking.

Edited by mflames

You havent tried Inaros with lifesteal zaw and umbral mods and 2 x arcane guardian if you think Gara is a good tank. Because let me tell you, a properly built Inaros is THE good tank. If only he could draw aggro too, with the shield mod, maybe Ack & Brunt.

I think Frost is still the best tank, snowglobe block 100% of the damage... so as long as you stay inside the snowglobe, nothing can kill you until they come into the snowglobe...

unless of course, if a corpus nullifier come close to your snowglobe....

Edited by (PS4)calvin_0
spelling.

Gara is great, but she is no tank. All frames have a damage mitigation ability. Nova can go up to 95% if I recall.

There are no real "tanks" in Warframe, since there are no ways to focus agro, so it would seem that the standard in Warframe is for the frame to be able to "take it" consistently - sustain (Inaros, Nidus), invulnerability(Rhino, Valkyr)...etc.

In terms of damage, Gara has the ability to scale better than most, but some tanks scale just as well or better - Nidus, Valkyr, Inaros.

Also, you should take into account what you play the most. Sure it feels nice to have a build for lv150+, but when will you realistically use it?

In no way, however, am I trying to say that Gara isn't awesome. She was my second frame and I still enjoy he massive CC and damage potential. Shattered Lash can be hilarious.

1 hour ago, mflames said:

Inaros i have,
Rhino i have,

Nezha level 0
Nidus dont have
Wukong dont have.

But i wouldnt reply on them unless i first read up on them, then youtube a video on them, then also looked at gameplay vids. So im fully aware of small things, like how frost needs to stack his globe, rhino iron skin receives more hp in the first 3 seconds of taking damage. So everything someone mentions in this thread, i make it a point to look up.

Sure why not but Tbh a wukong with rage or hunter adrenaline and also keep getting hit and always have "the skill" on =can't die even if you want to

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎04 at 8:44 AM, mflames said:

Just got Gara last night, will level her up tonight. So with 90% damage reduction on gara, does that make her like the most OP tank?

No. Lots of 'frames have 90% DR available to them. She's just one. 

She's a good warframe. Her thing is really area denial with some degree of CC. She can also do significant damage. 

So the mods i have for her now are:
Intensify - strength for that 90% damage reduction
Physique - 18% Hp
Gladiator Resolve - 180% Hp
Narrow Minded - for the duration
Augur Message - Duration but so i refresh my shields with ability cast.
Vigor - 120% Shield, 120% Hp
Steel Fiber - Armor
Vitality - Hp
Redirection - Shield

I do have a Guando which has good block%, but ill properly want to switch over to the Telos Boltace which has 60% block but every 7 seconds your slide attack can vacum enemies together, which will be great for my splinter storm, but then ill properly want to fit Mending splinter into my build so i can make use of Healing effect +11 hp per enemy effected by Splinter storm, not sure what to take out.

So far Gara already feels so much better to me than Inaros. Yes his Hp pool and armor is impressive, but i feel so much tougher than him. I love how his damage on splinter storm is scaling as we do rounds and rounds. Im basically just mowing the loan, running around with my melee in block stance and not getting hurt, just cast 4 to refresh my shield and splinter storm.

On 2018-10-08 at 2:37 PM, BoarWarrior said:

You havent tried Inaros with lifesteal zaw and umbral mods and 2 x arcane guardian if you think Gara is a good tank. Because let me tell you, a properly built Inaros is THE good tank. If only he could draw aggro too, with the shield mod, maybe Ack & Brunt.

But i can build those same things on Gara, which i plan too, my current standing with Ostros is poop.

On 2018-10-08 at 2:46 PM, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

I think Frost is still the best tank, snowglobe block 100% of the damage... so as long as you stay inside the snowglobe, nothing can kill you until they come into the snowglobe...

unless of course, if a corpus nullifier come close to your snowglobe....

Same with limbo, your point of view is now more focused outside the scope of tank. Its like stating loki is the best tank cause no one see's you, while you killing.

On 2018-10-08 at 2:50 PM, Datam4ss said:

By logic, Limbo is technically the best tank.

Infinite invulnerability although you have no damage.

I love limbo i really do, but i still get allot of hate from players when i throw up my cataclysm.

23 hours ago, kamyung said:

Sure why not but Tbh a wukong with rage or hunter adrenaline and also keep getting hit and always have "the skill" on =can't die even if you want to

@Kamyung

Your right in your replies. After having a infinite run with a Rhino prime, it got to the point where i can still do lots of damage because of splinter storm stacking but i was slowly dying and i honestly believed he was immortal cause nothing is hurting him.

So there are pro's and cons between Gara and the other frames, and i still have to figure out best way to up my eHp with gara with weapons mods playstyle etc to have a amazing tank.

But man Gara Feels soo good.