The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unable to Move Around While Decorating

T3rraf0rm

For awhile now, I have been unable to move around while decorating. I can look around, but am unable to move anywhere away from the start position. No matter where I go or try this, whether it be a spacious area in the landing craft or dojo, this same thing happens. It is annoying because my decorations glitch and never look good. Idk why this is happening but nothing has worked yet to fix it, any suggestions or info about this will be very helpful. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

EDIT: Oh, I'm blind. There's a "Decoration Placement - Customize Key Bindings" setting I've never seen before at the bottom of "Controls." Wish it was near the other "Customize Key Bindings" thing at the top. Also, it looks like customizing regular keybindings breaks Decoration keybindings sometimes.

------

I once lost the ability to move forward when decorating. I think it happened right after changing many keybindings. I found the file with keybindings and looked at it. Looks like decoration mode had it's own special keybindings that weren't updated properly. I was lucky to figure out how to add the movement keybindings in that file.

C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Warframe\EE.cfg

Seems like a few people on the forums have different movement bugs while decorating. Resetting keybindings in-game unfortunately doesn't fix it.

If anyone is thinking of deleting that file to fix it when the game makes a new EE.cfg file, remember that it has all your settings. Might wanna back that file up and screenshot ALL your settings while in-game. I'm not sure DE recommends deleting files so I don't know what to say.

In my case, when I edited, I added something to the MOVE_Z section that seemed to correspond with the decoration keybinds. When it was bugged, it was something like this (there are other unrelated things in the MOVE_Z section that I'm leaving out).

MOVE_Z={
    {
        key=EN_S
        inputMode=IM_NORMAL
        invert=1
        deadzone=0
        scale=1
        povAxis=PAT_UNUSED
        inputFilter=/Lotus/Types/Input/DecoPlacementInputFilter
        strictFiltering=1
        slot=0
    }
}

Then I changed it to add the EN_W key to move forward because I couldn't move forward when decorating. And I changed "invert=1" to 0 and "slot=0" to 1. It seems to match the pattern of other stuff in that section.

MOVE_Z={
    {
        key=EN_S
        inputMode=IM_NORMAL
        invert=1
        deadzone=0
        scale=1
        povAxis=PAT_UNUSED
        inputFilter=/Lotus/Types/Input/DecoPlacementInputFilter
        strictFiltering=1
        slot=0
    },