Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot update the game

Xhal

Why isn't DE responding to the problem? There are hundreds of people both here and on the steam forums saying they can't update the game.

It downloads for about 1 min and stops.

Why would you launch a 3 gig update on a friday night?

You are forcing us to log in every day for years on end to get weapons unobtainable otherwise. I now have over 350 days login and this patch will make me start over.

Will we be compensated for the loss of this?

You should make sure you have enough bandwith to let people patch if you release ridiculously large patches like this and the smart thing to do would have been to let us download the media from the update a few days before and finalise the update later.

7 minutes ago, Xhal said:

You are forcing us to log in every day for years on end to get weapons unobtainable otherwise. I now have over 350 days login and this patch will make me start over.

The login rewards aren't sequential anymore, you can skip days and it'll keep counting up. I've taken month long breaks and I'm still at 375ish.

1 minute ago, inelegantOdyssey said:

The login rewards aren't sequential anymore, you can skip days and it'll keep counting up. I've taken month long breaks and I'm still at 375ish.

Pretty much this.
Though the old login system where you had to consecutively log in was replaced with the newer system around the time the Second Dream dropped, so... it's been like that a while. Don't worry about anything OP.

had to switch my proxy to Australia to actually complete the download. ( I am in Canada) I tried a European and an American proxy and they didn't work till i picked Australia, so if you have a proxy just try them till 1 works.