Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma 2nd skill(Cold) reflecting mechanism broke after 23.10 update

llorange

Cold chroma's 2nd skill has been bug out after chimera update. The reflecting mechanism has changed.

Bullets or projectiles should reflect back to the way where it came from.

However, bullets from enemy will now reflect ridiculously away from its track after this update which cause reflected bullets can't hit the enemy and grant cold proc.

I found this problem when I was testing my build in Simulacrum.

20 corrupted heavy gunner shooting at me but no one get hit by the reflected bullets.

I started to go on the test by summoning 20 tech unit.(because the bullets from supra have flying time that I can observe how it reflects)

Then I found out that the reflection angle is so big that bullets reflected to the sky or to the ground rather than sent right back to the way where it come from.

This cause tremendous impact on cold chroma's 2nd skill.

Enemies don't get any cold proc that decrease their fire rate, causing the dramatic drop in chroma's survivability.

The cold build is dead after chimera update...

Additionally, I found another problem during my test.

Warframes no longer have knockdown immunity while using heavy melee weapons.

Player performing combos can be knocked down easily by slam attack , hooks or flame walls from eximus units even if a heavy sword is equipped.

This considerably affects the gaming experience during the combos of heavy melee weapons.

The attacking speed of heavy sword is slow enough compare to other types of weapons,

and now player can be interrupted during the combos?

Hoping this is only a bug in the update not a nerf in heavy weapons.

Edited by llorange

I have noticed this as well, seemed wonky to me and my Ice Chroma build was failing haha, so I wound up switching to fire and being a bit salty but just gunna stick with fire till this is answered cause as of right now, Ice Chroma just winds up getting wiped out easily. 

I have mods (mostly corrupted) that boost his strength and duration btw, that extra armor should be plenty to stop his health from failing as it did in the past many many times because armor>health>shields. But now that extra armor does jack squat for me as well as his second being useless for some reason and not properly stopping enemies and their bullets, instead they just chew through me. 

6 hours ago, ToxicK9 said:

I have noticed this as well, seemed wonky to me and my Ice Chroma build was failing haha, so I wound up switching to fire and being a bit salty but just gunna stick with fire till this is answered cause as of right now, Ice Chroma just winds up getting wiped out easily. 

I have mods (mostly corrupted) that boost his strength and duration btw, that extra armor should be plenty to stop his health from failing as it did in the past many many times because armor>health>shields. But now that extra armor does jack squat for me as well as his second being useless for some reason and not properly stopping enemies and their bullets, instead they just chew through me. 

Yeah.

I think the armor bonus isn't the reason why players are using chroma cold build.

400~500 armor increment is ignorable while vex armor is on. The benefits of 450 armor is quite low while the total armor is really high.

The crucial point of the cold build is the cold proc that makes enemies' machine gun shoot at a poor fire rate.

Now this problem is exactly the death sentence to cold chroma.