Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Regeneration Instead Of Ammo Scavenger

Sherbniz

With all other Artifacts having great and game-changing effects (Enemy Radar allows for easy aligning of AOE attacks, Health & Energy Regen are invaluable), I think Scavenger Artifacts fall short by far.

I only chose one of them until I found a better artifact, but I think they could be made better:

How about if Ammo Artifacts did not increase drop rate, but slowly regenerated a certain ammunition type?

Health and Energy also are usually replenished by pick ups and don't regenerate without artifacts, so why not have the Ammo Artifacts do the same?

It'll be slow enough to not eliminate the use of ammo boxes, and of course you would have to weigh how important a steady flow of ammo would be to you.

Same as with Energy Recharge, teams could stack up a certain Ammo Type Regen to slightly lessen the ammo draught during boss fights, etc etc

What do you guys think?

I think that a good idea, but at a really slow rate.

Health regen and Energy regen = 1 by 2 seconds

This rate is equivalent of 150 health/energy per five minute.

A rate of 1 by 3-4 seconds can be relatively good without eliminate the need of ammo box.

A rate of 1 by 3 seconds is about 100 per five minute.

A rate of 1 by 4 seconds is about 75 ammo per five minute.

A mission can last a least 5-10 minutes, if we don't run to the end immediatly after the objective. This can be really useless in extermination mission.

Edited by Milenos

I think that a good idea, but at a really slow rate.

Health regen and Energy regen = 1 by 2 seconds

This rate is equivalent of 150 health/energy per five minute.

A rate of 1 by 3-4 seconds can be relatively good without eliminate the need of ammo box.

A rate of 1 by 3 seconds is about 100 per five minute.

A rate of 1 by 4 seconds is about 75 ammo per five minute.

A mission can last a least 5-10 minutes, if we don't run to the end immediatly after the objective. This can be really useless in extermination mission.

These are some decent rates, I suppose this would have to be tested to output enough ammunition to feel useful both to Ammo-intensive weapons, and not supply high-power low-firerate ones with a non-stop supply of ammunition. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Set the Scavenger items to restore a percentage of your maximum ammo every x number of seconds.

Rifle Scavenger: 7% max ammo every x seconds (Because usually 500 ammo; Primary Weapon; 35 ammo regen per x seconds)

Pistol Scavenger: 7% max ammo every x seconds (Because usually 200; Secondary Weapon; 14 ammo regen per x seconds)

Shotgun Scavenger: 3% max ammo every x seconds (Because usually 150; Primary Weapon; 4.5 (4/5) ammo regen per x seconds)

Sniper Scavenger: 12% max ammo every x seconds (Because usually 50; Primary Weapon; 6 ammo regen per x seconds)

In my line of thought, x = 30, but whatever works, I suppose

Edited by Azure_Kyte

over all, good idea, especially for boss fights while using lower leveled weapons. i like the percentile method as giving the sniptron (me favorite weapon!) even 1 round in 2 seconds would be near infinite ammo for it. 30 seconds might be a long time, but can't really tell unless its game tested. but it is a beta!

Set the Scavenger items to restore a percentage of your maximum ammo every x number of seconds.

Rifle Scavenger: 7% max ammo every x seconds (Because usually 500 ammo; Primary Weapon; 35 ammo regen per x seconds)

Pistol Scavenger: 7% max ammo every x seconds (Because usually 200; Secondary Weapon; 14 ammo regen per x seconds)

Shotgun Scavenger: 3% max ammo every x seconds (Because usually 150; Primary Weapon; 4.5 (4/5) ammo regen per x seconds)

Sniper Scavenger: 12% max ammo every x seconds (Because usually 50; Primary Weapon; 6 ammo regen per x seconds)

In my line of thought, x = 30, but whatever works, I suppose

I like the idea you have and the direction you're going but only getting 1 magazine (or less) per 30 seconds isn't even worth the slot. Considering that it takes anywhere from 3 - 20 rounds to kill some basic baddies. I would prefer if it had some scaling element.

For instance: It records how quickly you're expending ammunition (with accuracy taken into account) and then regenerates ammo aggressively to compensate with a degenerating component so you don't get unlimited ammo.

For instance: It records how quickly you're expending ammunition (with accuracy taken into account) and then regenerates ammo aggressively to compensate with a degenerating component so you don't get unlimited ammo.

Good idea!

Ammo Regen could also stop while the weapon is being fired (like shields stop regen when damaged), and only be fed into the ammo pool and not the clip!

I like the idea you have and the direction you're going but only getting 1 magazine (or less) per 30 seconds isn't even worth the slot. Considering that it takes anywhere from 3 - 20 rounds to kill some basic baddies. I would prefer if it had some scaling element.

As was previously stated, The intention is to give weaponry a steady flow of ammunition. It's not a cheat artifact to give everyone essentially infinite bullets to spray and pray, but it is a steady buff that would provide at least one and a half extra clips of ammunition during your average playthrough of a mission. Obviously even more as you take longer, farm enemies and the like. Like Rejuvenation and Energy Siphon, the effects are limited, but certainly noticeable. Especially if they were a modification of the scavenger Artifacts, as was the intention of the OP.

Good idea!

Ammo Regen could also stop while the weapon is being fired (like shields stop regen when damaged), and only be fed into the ammo pool and not the clip!

Stopping Ammo Regen whilst the weapon is being fired would potentially discourage use of the weapon after about three or four clips (One if you're using the Gorgon :p ) the entire point of the Artifact is to offer constant, small-time support. I mean, it's always nice to try using your sidearm every now and then, but people shouldn't feel like they have to stop using their weapon to restore ammo.

These Artifacts would not act as a sole replacement for ammunition pickups, but they could act as supplements that provide a constant amount of ammo at regular intervals. Naturally, the ammo would not be fed into the clip of a weapon, because that would be really silly. The ammuntion would be fed into the remaining ammo counter to the right of the clip ammo counter. Up to the maximum you can carry, of course.

Another possibility I could see is Zxypher's suggestion of a weighted restoration, where more ammo is restored to the weapon the emptier it's remaining ammo is.

For example, when < 24% Max ammo, A rifle could restore 15% Ammo per x number of seconds. From 25% to 75% Max ammo, A rifle could restore 10% Ammo per x number of seconds, from > 75 Max ammo, A rifle could restore 5% Max ammo.

Of course, these are just numbers, and just something to throw out there for you guys to think about.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Yeah you are right, the reason I suggested regeneration to stop while firing was that it didn't supply you endless ammo while fighting, but a rather fast regeneration in pauses and downtimes...

But there are nearly no pauses in Warframe gunplay... so your idea is better.

I like the idea of a procentual regeneration depending on how empty your ammo pool is!

I have yet to get any artifacts (damnit) but the idea of this has me drooling a little. I tend to go for headshots, but when doing it solo with the whole S#&$ton of grineer that spawn and chase your &amp;#&#33; down, ammo can be a problem sometimes and i always cringe before using an ammo box. Im cheapass, idk what else to say about not using boxes lol. But some form of ammo regen would indeed be nice. One could say its totally unrealistic, but warframe isnt exactly a combat sim or anything.

I have yet to get any artifacts (damnit) but the idea of this has me drooling a little. I tend to go for headshots, but when doing it solo with the whole S#&$ton of grineer that spawn and chase your &amp;#&#33; down, ammo can be a problem sometimes and i always cringe before using an ammo box.

It definitely makes sense for Solo players, and that's angle I didn't think of before!

For them, it makes even more sense.

And even more for stealth players with a lot of patience, but not enough freedom to check all of the boxes while staying undetected.

Im cheapass, idk what else to say about not using boxes lol. But some form of ammo regen would indeed be nice. One could say its totally unrealistic, but warframe isnt exactly a combat sim or anything.

Well regenerating Ammunition isn't "realistic", and I am not looking to replace ammo boxes. They are, much like the health items, last ditch emergency helpers for when you immedeatly require replenished health/shields, just with ammunition.

Ammo Regen won't help you fill up an entire ammo pool when you emptied your last clip during a fire fight... but it will soften the blow of hopeless, stalled situations and aid the patient most.

Maybe Ammo Scavenger instead of increasing drop rate for that ammo. Doubles or Triples the amount you pick up. I honestly don't find ammo a problem anymore. Except for my Sniper and Gorgon. Gorgon only in a boss mission, but thats what all the ammo boxes you get from Login Reward are for, are they not?

When you're in a team Ammo should be the least of your worries. When Solo I never run out of ammo. Not even if I spam my HEK and Bronco. There is just an abundance of ammo laying around on the floor.

I like this idea, but I don't really see the problem with ammo scavengers at the moment. I run out of ammo sometimes without ammo scavengers. I never run out with them.

Why fix it if it ain't broken?

Either you're using only shotguns or you always play online.