Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Delta - The Renegade Warrior

WhitePsych

"Delta is a cunning survivalist who is no stranger to the battlefront.  His miraculous resilience is matched only by his determination to rend his enemies down to their very fibers."

YEQ2sAA.png

Health: 100 (300 at max rank)
Shields: 100 (300 at max rank)
Armor: 100
Energy: 350  (525 at max rank)

Passive: Ferromagnetic Flux Recycler - Converts 10% of damage on shields to energy

Ability 1: Pitch

Cost: 25 energy

Delta primes the clip of ammunition on his current equipped weapon with energy and hurls it forward as an explosive projectile, expending the weapon's entire clip of ammunition in the process.  The resulting blast(s) of projectiles thrown will collectively deal 30%/40%/50%/60% of the equipped weapon's calculated damage multiplied by all of the ammo that is expended. 

Spoiler

The behavior of the explosive varies depending on the ammo type that was used:

•  Bullets: Throws a cluster of three arching projectiles (in delta formation) at high speed, they explode upon contact with a radius of 6m
  •  Bolts: Throws 6 precise projectiles which each travel at incremental speeds and arcs. Upon contact with the ground the projectiles delay .25 seconds before they explode in a 4 meter radius.  The result is a line of explosions cascading away from Delta's position upon throwing.
  •  Shells: Throws a cluster of three arching projectiles at medium speed.  Grenades have a delay of .5 seconds upon contact before they explode with a radius of 5m and separate into three smaller grenades per explosion (9 grenades) that explode on contact with a radius of 2.5m.
  •  Slugs: Launched as a single, accurate, and very high speed projectile that has 25m punchthrough and a 2.5m explosion radius.  The projectile causes an explosion on every surface it hits, meaning if it passes through two enemies and hits the ground, three explosions will occur.
  •  Grenades: Throws each ammo consumed as it's own projectile inheriting the same properties as it would if it were launched from the weapon itself, but it is wildly inaccurate. Accuracy depends on the amount of ammo consumed, getting more inaccurate the more projectiles Delta has to throw at once. (Grenades that rely on secondary fire detonation now just explode on impact)
  •  Batteries/Canisters: Throws a single arching projectile at medium speed that bursts upon contact and creates a pool of 3m clouds that deals damage over time to enemies inside of it. These clouds have an initial velocity radiating out from the center of the canister explosion and slide along the surface floor. The clouds last for 6 seconds before dissipating.
  •  Blades/Kunai: Throws 6 precise projectiles in a horizontal arc. It sticks to the surface it hits for .25 seconds and explodes in a 4 meter radius.

Warframe duration and range values have no effect on the projectiles, however the equipped weapon's punchthrough value does increase the blast radius with the equation:  

Base radius of explosion × (2 - (1 ÷ √(punchthrough + 1))). 

That means:
A punchthrough of 0m = radius multiplier of x1.0
A punchthrough of 1m = radius multiplier of x1.29
A punchthrough of 2m = radius multiplier of x1.42
A punchthrough of 5m = radius multiplier of x1.59
A punchthrough of 10m = radius multiplier of x1.69
A punchthrough of 999m = radius multiplier of x1.96
etc.

Weapons that do not have a clip are incompatible (so no bows or melee weapons)

Ability 2: Power Conduit

Cost: 2 energy per second

Delta broadcasts his power, bolstering everyone with increased agility and allowing other warframes to share his energy.  While this ability is active, Delta and nearby allies gain 10%/15%/20%/25% Casting Speed and 10%/15%/20%/30% Parkour Velocity.  Additionally, nearby allies abilities will use Delta's energy pool instead of their own (only Delta's energy efficiency is counted for reductions). 

Spoiler

Because client interaction can be unreliable, I figure the way this would work is that an ally player will spend their own energy first and then the Delta player will essentially "refund" the cost if capable.  This would mean players relying on Delta for energy will still need to have enough energy in their own pool in order to cast the ability.

Delta cannot regenerate energy from sources like energy siphon and Zenurick's energizing dash while Power Conduit is active. 

Abilities that constantly drain energy like Valkyr's Hysteria and Nyx's Absorb, will not invoke Power Conduit's energy transfer.

This ability uses affinity radius for it's effective range.

In the case of multiple Conduits being active, the pool with the highest current energy will be drawn from.

Ability 3: Tether

Cost: 50 energy

Delta leashes enemies within 12/14/16/20 meters of him with cords lasting 6/8/10/12 seconds.  When an enemy is tethered, any high velocity movement Delta makes away from their position will ragdoll them and pull them towards him.  Bosses are untetherable.

Spoiler

Cords have a slack of 8 meters, meaning the cords are always "taut" unless Delta and the enemy tethered is within that distance of each other. This means delta must be 8 meter's minimum distance away from the enemy for his movement to pull them.

Other than a stagger upon first being tethered, enemies are unaffected unless Delta maneuvers quickly, and they are able to recover themselves, move, and fire when tethered if Delta stops moving or is too slow.

Ability 4: Electrocyclinoplysis

Cost: 200+X energy

Delta uses up all available energy to imbue himself with a volatile coating of raw power for 8 seconds plus 1 second for every 200 energy consumed. While this coating is in effect, Delta gains invulnerability to all damage and status procs.  The energy is discharged the moment Delta makes direct physical contact with an enemy, causing a 15/20/30/40 meter explosion dealing 25/45/65/80 radiation damage per energy consumed.  

Spoiler

This ability cannot be activated unless more than 200 energy is available and invulnerability will end as soon as Delta causes an explosion or the ability timer runs out.

Energy count for damage and duration scaling does take into account energy efficiency.

The initial animation for Electrocyclinoplysis stops all player movement and action, and the time it takes to cast depends on how much energy is available. Rather than drawing energy all at once, the ability drains ~200 energy on activation and then 50 energy per tick (each tick being a quarter of a second) and the charge only ends once Delta is incapable of taking enough energy to fully satisfy the next tick. This means that the more energy used to increase damage and duration will come at the cost of lengthening the casting animation, which can be dangerous in the middle of a firefight. (Modified Casting speed affects the energy amount drawn per tick and not how frequent the tick occurs)

If Delta is downed in the middle of charging Electrocyclinoplysis, all charged energy is expended as a radial burst which deals no damage but knocks down enemies and provides energy to allies.

An interesting concept. A few things that are in my mind though-

First the art is amazing, but it looks more like some of greener x corpus unit and much less like a warframe.

As for abilities, one is fine second one is also decent but I feel like it need some more spice to it, maybe abuff to Delta itself for times when u play solo etc.

Tether is fine as it is i think, maybe switch between this and Conduit and buff Conduit.

Your ult is good beside the numbers- if i get it right with 525 energy x 275% of primed flow u have around 1450 energy. That means 1450 x 80  = almost 115,500 of rad dmg. Thats a bit too much isnt it? unless i got something wrong here.

Thats about it. Nice concept, keep up the good work :).

17 hours ago, DR.Noooooo_B said:

An interesting concept. A few things that are in my mind though-

First the art is amazing, but it looks more like some of greener x corpus unit and much less like a warframe.

As for abilities, one is fine second one is also decent but I feel like it need some more spice to it, maybe abuff to Delta itself for times when u play solo etc.

Tether is fine as it is i think, maybe switch between this and Conduit and buff Conduit.

Your ult is good beside the numbers- if i get it right with 525 energy x 275% of primed flow u have around 1450 energy. That means 1450 x 80  = almost 115,500 of rad dmg. Thats a bit too much isnt it? unless i got something wrong here.

Thats about it. Nice concept, keep up the good work :).

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

As for the comments about the ultimate, you're correct it is a lot of damage.  Personally I think most most long range radial damage abilities should have falloff to it, like it should go from 100% damage at the center to 20% damage at the edge and that would alleviate some of the overpowered feel.  But even then I conceptualize the ultimate to purposely have crazy killer damage, just at the cost of inconvenience.  Regardless of the player's energy efficiency they must spend all of their energy, meaning they have to build up from 0 every time it's used. 

Also I think Flow only multiplies the base energy of the frame meaning  350 x (275% + 50% rank 30 bonus) = 1,112.5 energy which would deal 89,000 rad damage from a full charged ultimate.  That's at base efficiency, if you have 175% energy efficiency with a max primed flow then the ultimate would count it as 4,450 energy stored, which would be 360,000 damage but at the cost of lengthening the cast animation to be about four times as long (going from about a 5 second cast to a 20 second cast provided you don't have any casting speed modifiers).  A lot of the ideas going into this concept is that Delta is a ludicrously heavy hitter but is "uncomfortable" to use.

And you are also correct about conduit being not desirable in solo play, if anything people would generally just use it to decrease casting time for the ultimate.  The thing is I don't want him to have any damage buffs.  Maybe he can reveal enemies within affinity radius through walls? I do kind of think of Delta as being a guerrilla war fighter, maybe that would fit.

Edited by WhitePsych
fixed value calculation