Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee CC and Sacrifical Mods: A Calculation

Lionheart

I asked myself a question - which one is better - Primed Pressure Point or Sacrifical Pressure? Of course, we can't talk about Sacrifical Pressure without taking into account its inherent property - the set bonus, when used together with Sacrifical Steel. But what setup is better for what weapon? Does it matter?

And so this little MS Excel file was born (imported to google docs - you are not allowed to change values, but feel free to re-save the file and play with them):

Do note, that I used the 'mathematical expectation' of damage, and not actual maximal crit damage values.

Later I added a small simulation of the Blood Rush behaviour with Combo Counter of 3, just to take the crit to the extreme and see what happens.

Observations: So it is true, that Sacrifical Set generally performs better than Primed Pressure Point paired with True Steel, but it seems that even better combo is to just use Sacrifical Steel together with Primed Pressure Point. If you watch how values change the more we increase the base CC, you will notice that the Sacrifical Set starts to outperform the P. Pressure point with Sacrifical Steel by a narrow margin at about 225% base crit chance, which should be higher than any and all other crit bonuses one may get such as Gladiator Set, Maiming Strike, Rivens - or plainly higher Combo Counter.

;