Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"2V2 Pvp" - Steve

MXultra

You want an explanation as to why I don't want PvP? Simple. I had enough of that back in the early days of Doom, Quake, et al. I play Warframe because it's not PvP. I'm not interested in PvP and I don't have the skillset or mindset for it. As an option to the game, fine, like the Dojo fighting. As a prerequisite to playing - a 'roadblock' mission like the current defence, no. Never. I'll just skip them and get a clan member/friend to help me leapfrog those missions.

It's bad enough in a PUG when you have a d!ckwad who wants to do things exactly the opposite way to everyone else in the team. Add PvP into that and the trolls will reign supreme, and I'll be out.

Its not going to be a mission, 2v2 PvP duels I imagine will be similar to Dojo fighting but with perhaps a bigger arena completly seperate and away from all you die hard PvE fans.

I like the idea of 2 vs 2 but, as much as in the current duels there must be some rules in the fights... because some skills are clearly unbalanced...

I think the best solution would be to add "Filter rules" before the match begins so they disable determinated stuff, pretty much like in the mastery tests where you are allowed to use your primary only, or melee only... these filters already exist so they just need to be "ported" to the pvp.

Skills would make matches unbalanced but they are the unique feature of each frame... it's an hard choice with both pros and cons if you decide to use them or not... Filters & Rules are the solution.

1 thing i'm absolutely sure about is: Sentinels MUST BE disabled in pvp.

It's just going to be a standard and broken 2v2 just like dueling is now, it's best to let them work on the pve, that's more important right now than trying to come up with extensive pvp modes, Warframe doesn't revolve around pvp, never have, never will. I also say no to it.