Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excursion / Exploration Mission Type

Ethice

After completing the solar map I find myself just wanting to freely explore the various maps and levels which is completely viable without much hassle via an extermination mission, but I think it would be interesting to see a Monster Hunter Three style exploration mission type. In MH3 there were missions where you could freely explore the entirety of an area for various resources. The maps, of course, did not come without danger. Standard target boss monsters could still spawn in their respected regions and you could or could not hunt them at your leisure. It was a very layed back way to enjoy the game that I think could also benefit Warframe for players who just want to look around or gather resources. I think this could be accomplished by having a map with one to three objective points that are all entirely optional and timed.

For example:

Lotus: A downed Grineer cargo ship has made an emergency landing to make repairs. Execute the crew and destroy the ship.

Lotus: A Corpus research shuttle has been spotted in the area. Find out what they're up to.

You could complete these objectives for bonus rewards or not. It wouldn't affect weather you complete or fail the mission. There were be an open extraction point somewhere on the map that would be marked at all times for extraction at any point after a set amount of time. This missions type would not count towards mission completion or failure to avoid stat exploitations.

Edited by Ethice