The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Miter - Should It Be A Melee Weapon?

Penghaw

To be honest, as a ranged weapon I don't see Miter's usefulness anywhere. It needs to be charged to be effective, but most bows outperform it. It can be spammed but most rifles outperform it. So what should we do with it?

I think it should be made a melee in a similar fashion with Glaive. So you can normal attack with it but the charged attack will be the chainsaw gun. Obviously the charged shot will pierce enemies and still bounce after certain enemies have been cut through.

Thoughts?

"With the talk of 3 new infested weapons coming in U10 we can only wonder when the Miter fell through the cracks. Why doesn’t the Miter rip through a whole horde of Infested instead of just one at a time? Why does it use sniper ammo but not sniper mods? The charge doesn't increase damage? Why doesn’t the blade bounce in different directions and hit other enemies? You name it, we’ve heard it! The Miter will soon be getting its finally deserved adjustments, check out our latest video for the Miter! 

"

so, no.

To be honest, as a ranged weapon I don't see Miter's usefulness anywhere. It needs to be charged to be effective, but most bows outperform it. It can be spammed but most rifles outperform it. So what should we do with it?

I think it should be made a melee in a similar fashion with Glaive. So you can normal attack with it but the charged attack will be the chainsaw gun. Obviously the charged shot will pierce enemies and still bounce after certain enemies have been cut through.

Thoughts?

Actually, it has significantly higher DPS than all of the bows (even Paris prime), serrated blade damage (by far the best in the game), and unlimited enemy piercing. It's quite good, probably top-tier.