Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Scorpion

iexbrood

Scorpions seems off for the grineer in my opinion.

Among all the heavy armor mantra of the grineer there's light units.

I was hoping the scorpion

1) would be turned into a heavy badass unit and fit the armorarmorarmor idea of the grineer (along with other melee grineer units)

2) Be given a new hook melee weapon (which is long overdue, we have melee weapons that ragdoll, knockdown, or push. Why not a pull melee weapon?)

It has a spin up animation where you twirl the hook on the rope as you charge it, much easier to see on the scorpion.

Has it's own normal attack so the scorpion doesn't switch back to the machete.

1) would be turned into a heavy badass unit and fit the armorarmorarmor idea of the grineer (along with other melee grineer units)

please no.

the last thing we need with our stun lock is armor.

stun lock that can hit you from two rooms away, through a floor, never misses and has enough armor to make you waste 1500 bullets is not a good thing.

(exaggerations are fun)

Edited by alchemistjkt

The Grineer have a selection of light units, most melee units besides the Scorpion also have light amore including the Shield Lancers. The Rollers and Propaganda Drones also have next to no armor.

The Scorpion already pulls you in after dropping you to the floor, I'm pretty sure about that. An improved animation for its weapon would be nice though as it doesn't look very impressive or unique atm.

The Grineer have a selection of light units, most melee units besides the Scorpion also have light amore including the Shield Lancers. The Rollers and Propaganda Drones also have next to no armor.

The Scorpion already pulls you in after dropping you to the floor, I'm pretty sure about that. An improved animation for its weapon would be nice though as it doesn't look very impressive or unique atm.

As far as I can remember Shield Lancers have the same armor as regular Lancers, and Rollers had similarly effective armor, but I'm not sure about the last one.

@ShueDonham

Rollers dont really have armor per say (a base value of 20), just a flat damage reduction. This can be seen as they even reduce the damage from a physics impact weapon (which most people call 'Armor Ignorring'). Further they ignore: AP, Poison, and Serrated Blade.

You would be correct that the shield lancer have the same armor values as a regular lance.

Currently the "light" armored Grineer units are:

Scorpion

Flameblade

Sawman

Powerfist

Seeker

The one thing you will notice is that all but one of those is a melee unit. Grineer seem to have the idea of armor backwards: Melee units don't need any, while ranged units need a lot.