Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Attack Speed?

(XBOX)Wazzup bruhhh

Question

Im planning to build a polearm zaw with a plague kripath, ekwana 2 jai and either the plague bokwin or the shtung for the grip. The shtung seems to give the most damage but would 110.9 damage and 0.9 attack speed with the shtung be better than 86.1 damage and 1 attack speed with the plague bokwin? Does the attack speed matter when im gonna use berserker? And are there better zaw combinations than the one that im planning to build?

Edited by (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh

7 answers to this question

it's about 20 damage more for 10% less attack speed. You can fix the attack speed with a Primed Fury so I wouldn't be too particular about the 0.9 vs 1 because ultimately the damage dealt is about 22% more per swing.

Nothing wrong with using the slower grip in this case. Speed is not that important unless the weapon really is very slow.

This again?

You asked this here 

And it was answered:

It's up to you. Want more speed? Sacrifice some DPS for it. Want more DPS, sacrifice some speed for it.

Using Beserker: Want even more speed? Sacrifice some DPS for it. Want more DPS, then sacrifice some base speed for it and use Berserker on it.

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

2 hours ago, (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh said:

Im planning to build a polearm zaw with a plague kripath, ekwana 2 jai and either the plague bokwin or the shtung for the grip. The shtung seems to give the most damage but would 110.9 damage and 0.9 attack speed with the shtung be better than 86.1 damage and 1 attack speed with the plague bokwin? Does the attack speed matter when im gonna use berserker? And are there better zaw combinations than the one that im planning to build?

arcane strike+berserker will put that attack speed at a decent level without having to use a mod slot for fury

3 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

This again?

You asked this here 

And it was answered:

It's up to you. Want more speed? Sacrifice some DPS for it. Want more DPS, sacrifice some speed for it.

Using Beserker: Want even more speed? Sacrifice some DPS for it. Want more DPS, then sacrifice some base speed for it and use Berserker on it.

The guy said it was a playstyle choice but I was asking for the best for killing enemies faster, not whichever one was best for my playstyle, thanks for the answer though.

40 minutes ago, (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh said:

The guy said it was a playstyle choice but I was asking for the best for killing enemies faster, not whichever one was best for my playstyle, thanks for the answer though.

The one that suits your playstyle is the one that will make you kill faster...

3 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

The one that suits your playstyle is the one that will make you kill faster...

Not really, for example i like slashing through stuff with a nikana prime because its attack speed feels better but i stopped using it because there is no doubt that a galatine prime utilizing the broken bull combo from cleaving whirlwind is better, and i dont like swinging heavy blades either because of the slow attack but since it kills enemies faster i tend to use it more

Edited by (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh

12 hours ago, (XB1)Wazzup bruhhh said:

I would go for damage and then use primed fury.

I suggest you use warframe builder and start with a "blank melee", enter your potential zaw stats, load on the desired mods, and you will get an idea of the end result speed and damage.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.