Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Suggestion: Bow

Buttsecks

After playing the crysis 3 beta this week all I can say is, YES. I feel like every game needs a bow, shooting them at people in a game just has a good feeling to it

You know this game is P2P right? (Peer to peer)

You could be in for a hell of a surprise.

Bows are a bit outdated you'd think. Why not add a bow made of plasma or something like that?

The Ak/Bolto/r fires similar projectiles, the bow would simply fire LARGER ones at a slower pace AND they would be silent. I think it sounds awesome. And as long as a "traditional" bow that fires arrows is implemented, I'd love to have a plasma bow as well.

No, because of IRL bows. I once got a bow for my birthday. Excited, I went to test it, with a friend of course. I thought the arrow would fly about 50m. It flew 100m, just passing the roof of a house

.fak

Why are you shooting arrows over a house? Sounds kinda stupid.

What about something like a blowgun? It's silent, small and easy to carry for the ninja on the go.

You'd like that, wouldn't you?

But yes, bows are awesome, I'm playing Kai in Vindictus and damn that thing is nice, especially the long bow as it has that feeling of impact you don't get with guns. Bows, amazon warframe, anything, just let me stick it to them!

I havn't had the chance to try a Bolto yet, do they have projectile drop by any chance?

Caprica - Was thinking the same thing in regards to a funky variety of arrows. We can all be hawkeye... Now I want a grappling projectile for this game.

Bow: Hold down mouse-button to charge the shot for increased damage/range.

Maybe give it the ability to auto-penetrate? Or, if you want to get real crazy, make it penetrate targets but still bolting them to walls. Line up three enemies, shoot through them, pin 3 together on a wall. Futuristic Centipede.

How about this, make it some form of energy bow that's slow firing, relatively high damage (though not enough to one hit except for a headshot), completely silent, but rather than pinning enemies to walls, it vaporises their corpses near instantly specifying it for ranged stealth kills. The only time you would be detected while using it is if:

a) You are spotted directly.

b) An enemy sees one of their buddies die infront of their eyes or

c) You hit someone but it doesn't kill them.

Bows can be implemented as a melee weapon (I know, just hear me out).

It could be mounted on the left hand like a Furax with two blades folded near the sides of the forearm. Light attacks could be variations of punches with glove/chops with blades and charged attack could make the blades spring up into bow configuration (with a cool jerk like in Crysis 3) and the bow to be drawn. Releasing the melee button will cause the arrow to be fired.

Edited by FedorHooch

I would like to the crossbows/bows like in Tribes, it takes more skill to kill an enemy that way, instead of hitscan 1 hit kills. Predicting enemy movement and precision shooting is vital with a non-ballistic weapon

I think you're getting the crossbow mixed up with the disc-launcher, bro.

I would like to the crossbows/bows like in Tribes, it takes more skill to kill an enemy that way, instead of hitscan 1 hit kills. Predicting enemy movement and precision shooting is vital with a non-ballistic weapon

Which Tribes?

If you mean Tribes Ascend, then no, it does not take more skill, at least when chasing. It's kind of easier to mid air with that than the spinfusor.

Edited by Labcat