Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nvn - Warframe Pvp (Ninja Vs Ninja)

icosta27

This thread will be focused on ideas of viable ways in which PvP or "NvN" could be implemented into the game in a successful way, without ruining current gameplay, but by adding a competitive aspect to the game in which I believe is absolutely needed. (IMO)

Current PVP:

- Consists of 2 players accepting a dual inside of a clan dojo.

- The duel lasts 3 consecutive rounds. (best of 3)

- Inside of a small circular arena.

PROs

- I can finally demolish other ninjas in a duel!

- It's a starting point.

CONs

- Too small of a fighting space.

- Damage to armor ratio is out of whack (expected with such a new implementation such as this)

- Powers being scaled for PvE, not PvP

- No room for wall running, ninja moves, ect.

- 1v1 Only.

So as of right now we have our basic 1v1 dueling, consistent in any game as a starting point for pvp in it's first phase. It's a start. But if perfection is something that is wanted in the future. We need ideas. This is what this thread is for.

My Idea for NvN (PvP):

- A way PVP could be added not only to the game but to lore as well is by adding a "Secret" Tenno location. This could be either a planet and/or space station type deal that is used by all Tenno to practice abilities, weapons, and so on against one another. This would be a location on the star map which can be obtained by anyone OR make it only obtainable by ninjas who have unlocked every level (example) or certain mastery level proving they're skill in PVE combat before being able to enter the battlefield against other Tenno.

- The idea would be to add this location and just like any other planet add separate locations.

EXAMPLE:

(Leaderboards for all game types.)

O <-- (Planet)

v

v

o- Stage 1 Queue - 1v1 Dueling Style Arena. (2 Players)

v

v

o- Stage 2 Queue - 2v2 Dueling Style Arena (4 Players)

v

v

o- Stage 3 Queue - 3v3 Objective Based PVP (6 Players)

v

v

o- Stage 4 Queue - 4v4 Objective Based PVP (8 Players)

More In Depth:

1v1 & 2v2 would be simple deathmatches. In a arena made for ninjas. Wall running, Objects to Jump over, slide under, climb, flip, ect. Think of it kind of like a Paintball Arena. A wide open (Hockey Rink Size) <--- <<3 Canada> area with a plethora of objects in between one team and the other. Making it more viable to dip, dive, dodge, duck, and DIE! muhaha =D

3v3 & 4v4 - Obviously it's team deathmatch but you must implement an objective('s) to make it more interesting with that many people. My idea does not only make it easier for the devs to implement such an idea based on in-game mechanics. But also is an idea we all know and have loved for quite sometime...

Capture The Artifact

- "Red vs Blue"

- Two Bases

- Much larger battle-field compared to 1v1/2v2

- Obstacles / Objects in-between

- WALLS (Ninjas <3 Walls)

- Security Cameras w/ Turrets protecting the --v

>- Artifact at each base, enemy player must make his way across the battlefield, assault and enter the enemy base, hack the terminal and grab the artifact. Just like in the normal game the player with the artifact will glow, letting players know who is top priority on the kill list. The player with the Artifact must return to base safely to score a point.

First to 3 (or 5) wins.

Rules / Mechanics:

Option #1:

- ALL Powers + Mods + Damage do 50% LESS damage against Tenno. (In attempt of using your own frame with scaled damage output for PVP)

- ALL Powers will have cooldowns. (Example: Rhino can use Stomp once every 60 Seconds)

- Invisibility will have a Max of 10 seconds use with 30 Second Cooldown.

Option #2:

- Choose pre-loadouts before the match.

1. (Choose Frame)

2. (Choose Loadout):

A) Offense -

Primary: Braton Prime Secondary: Dual Vastos Melee: Dual Ethers (Power Damage + Speed Mods)

B) Defense -

Primary: Strun Wraith Secondary: Dual Broncos Melee: Fraggor (Shield/HP/Armor + Speed Mods 20% less than Offense)

C) Support -

Primary: Snipetron Vandal Secondary: Dual Vipers Melee: Fangs (Power Duration + Speed Mods 10% less than Offense)

Examples of Battlefield Layout:

(****LAYOUT NOT DESIGN******)

waterforts.jpg

(LEFT SIDE = 3v3 / 4v4) (RIGHT SIDE = 1v1 / 2v2)                  

-Comments?

-Opinions?

-Feedback?

Thanks!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Edited by icosta27

Like Rebecca said on the livestream. Never say never for this game ;)... This forum is simply to submit ideas. I'm sure when DE said Ninjas in space they got turned down a lot, look where they are now. PVP + Ninjas in space? Def a possibility in my mind... just need the right idea! =)

This idea sounds interesting. But the amount of time, effort and cost needed to implement this.... Oh god.....

*Dies*

With so many more important things at hand to smoothen out in this game, I don't think this idea can be implemented anytime soon.

But never say never, I know! I will hope.

For now, lets continue changing Warframe to be a better game!

Cheers!