Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobility Is One Of The Best Aspects Of This Game

Zakalwe

Are there any plans to add to this aspect of the game futher?

Perhaps mods that introduce a double jump, or higher jump?
Or anti-gravity fields that allow for prolonged air time in dives (as you can currently achieve in low grav missions)?

Edited by Zakalwe

I don't think we need double jump, this is not Metroid.

I don't think we need any more modes of mobility, they would have to change certain maps to accommodate them and that would take a lot of effort that could be spent improving core game play.

"This is not Metroid" is not a valid argument against. A double jump would absolutely work in the game, there's no real argument you can make to say it wouldn't. The question is does it fit the dev's plans for the way they're going to expand upon movement, or does it take away from the game's defined style?

And two things:

1. Who said anything about changing maps? The newer open area maps are almost begging for increase mobility options.

2. They ave separate teams working on separate aspects of the game, so aside form the fact the improving gameplay is GOOD, a development like this would detract nothing.

Edited by Zakalwe

I wish they'd give the grappling hook the go-ahead. I'm tired of wallrunning, jumping off the wall and ending up stuck INSIDE another wall/out of map. And what is with the distance on those wallrun jumps? It's like you got slung out of a catapult suddenly. The second I kick off of that wall I FLY AWAY!

I wish they'd give the grappling hook the go-ahead. I'm tired of wallrunning, jumping off the wall and ending up stuck INSIDE another wall/out of map. And what is with the distance on those wallrun jumps? It's like you got slung out of a catapult suddenly. The second I kick off of that wall I FLY AWAY!

Remember the height of where the Vauban bounce send you when he was released? ^^