The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You So Much For The Mod Change !

zzang

Why do I bother... You clearly fail to see this from my perspective or understand how I feel about this.

And you fail to accept the hard reality that things often dont work out the way you plan for. You also fail to understand some basic things about how all MMOs work.

I did not threaten stating a fact is more appropriate. That with such changes, the game loses to me in gameplay. And now I have may cue to play Final. Like I say I have job, Wife so I have to choose the game I play now Warframe lose first time since 6month.

I agree with the new players part. But this is for short time. And that is my point, with this system of mods this game has short life.

I've been playing for about 4 months now and I'm happy for this change. I mean I don't even have 1 maxed out Redirection ( nor Serration or Hornet Strike) and I'd like to know how you got more in 6 months. I mean it was summer break for me and I played a lot and still couldn't do it and you're saying you have a wife and a job. Edited by Jelan

cant believe this thread just wanted to say thank you and produced sooooo much QQ just cant believe it when reading things like "zomgf im going to quit for final bullS#&$ XY" I start to think that a good portion of the community just sucks or isnt mature enough.

well i wont miss such people and yea still love the change huge quality improvement since when i switch a frame i dont need to swap my mods anymore = time safed and quality improved only can say again very well done DE.

and for people who maxed 14 mods on every frame you guys had clearly to much time and got already the maximum out of the game you can get for its current content say thanks you had so many nice hours playing this game

Edited by zzang

The problem is, that there is no new content to justify such change.

The "justification" of this comes from so many players, including me, extremely happy over the change. Yes, I maxed many duplicate mods myself, guess what, I DONT CARE, now I wont have to do it in future.

Just because a group whiny players think their "past efforts" are more important than a huge quality of life change, doesnt make a change need furthur "justification". Its a no-brainer to understand that this change will save lots of time by eliminating the need of hair-pulling grinding, and actually enjoying (read: playing) your new weapons and frames to the fullest.

And you fail to accept the hard reality that things often dont work out the way you plan for. You also fail to understand some basic things about how all MMOs work.

No MMOs, but this is how the business economy works. This system is even called "leaky bucket". Imagine to pour water into a leaking bucket, the bucket is always full but the old water comes out. For people without imagination water is Us. The best way is to do business so that existing customers who do not pay and only use the services walked away, making room for the new who are willing to pay for services.

I did not write that the game will cease to exist just like I still have on a shelf DeusEx game, I only wrote that players will cease after a month to play.

Edited by kz3dart

No MMO, but this is how the business economy works. This system is even called "leaky bucket". Imagine to pour water into a leaking bucket, the bucket is always full but the old water comes out. For people without imagination water is Us. The best way is to do business so that existing customers who do not pay and only use the services walked away, making room for the new who are willing to pay for services.

I did not write that the game will cease to exist just like I still have on a shelf DeusEx game, I only wrote that players will cease after a month to play.

Not all players. I for one going to stay *longer* the *lesser* I am forced to grind. Regardless, tnx for telling me about "leaky bucket", something interesting to read more on :)

The "justification" of this comes from so many players, including me, extremely happy over the change. Yes, I maxed many duplicate mods myself, guess what, I DONT CARE, now I wont have to do it in future.

Just because a group whiny players think their "past efforts" are more important than a huge quality of life change, doesnt make a change need furthur "justification". Its a no-brainer to understand that this change will save lots of time by eliminating the need of hair-pulling grinding, and actually enjoying (read: playing) your new weapons and frames to the fullest.

I see your point. I'll just leave this here.

this counts for unemplyoed people maybe but if i didnt have semster break right now it would atleast take me 4-5 months to reach the endgame

and the change is just a pure time profit to enjoy actual gameplay and not mindless grinding for mods that you have anyway but take time to switch.

My initial reaction is: I love the change! :)

(I feel for the ones that have worked long and hard on their frame sets and now find themselves having duplicates - and understandably it might take them a little longer to benefit from this.)

I've been playing for about 4 months now and I'm happy for this change. I mean I don't even have 1 maxed out Redirection ( nor Serration or Hornet Strike) and I'd like to know how you got more in 6 months. I mean it was summer break for me and I played a lot and still couldn't do it and you're saying you have a wife and a job.

Fully moded and max out frame does not mean that every mod in him is max out!!, Rhino do not need max out Vitality or Redirection (Vigor yes :) ), not every frame need Flow, Steel Fiber etc I use FORMA only once or twice per frame so I do not have enough point to put every mod max out. Last level of Hornet Strike cost me ~300-400 mod's in fusion (you know you can put every mod to fusion not only one of the kind??) One run on Xini wave 30-35 give you 60-100 mods, the Survival weekend was harvest on one day ~1500mods

4xez.th.jpg

71mk.th.jpg

making more screens is pointless.

EDIT: Fusion Mods is tactics last level cost so much that you can make 2-4 of a kind on 50% so you have to be wise.

Edited by kz3dart

nice pics but doesnt prove the wife kids job story^^

also as far as im informed devs reserve the right to reset everything to zero on release (not neccessary) but they can so would you also cry for your lost effort?

Edited by zzang

:D lol

OK CG artist and part time Teacher,

http://www.mcike.dsw.edu.pl/index.php?id=2492

https://vimeo.com/groups/180088

http://www.kz3dart.com/

Wife thing you must believe for word.

Yes I know this is Beta , I'm not crying over my mods only saying that this is bad move for players and good for business.

LEVELING Warframe its pointles if you do not have PS4 after November 15 the game becomes exclusively available on Sony's console for three months so you can play again in March with clean slave. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/02/warframe-confirmed-as-timed-playstation-4-exclusive 

Edited by kz3dart

Yes with this system,  you'll need only one mod of a kind,  to equip all warframe and all weapon TOO EASY!!. DE you'll cutting the tree on which your siting. Right now,  I was playing only to fully mods all warframe,  and after this update .... sorry I go play Final Fantasy XIV.

I don't see it that way, by simplifying the mod system, I feel that it greatly reduces the grind fest that is currently one of the biggest issues of Warframe.

I know this change is completely on the fence, but listen to your players on this one. 

I for one, love it.

I see your point. I'll just leave this here.

Interesting article to read, but see what they talk about LoL in there. There is not really any equity in that game. Now some players like me, exactly want a LoL like PvE game, ie ZERO grinding (if you pay a bit), pure gameplay. Though that is an ideal scenario and not realistic to hope for, this change is a nice step towards it.

Yes with this system,  you'll need only one mod of a kind,  to equip all warframe and all weapon TOO EASY!!. DE you'll cutting the tree on which your siting. Right now,  I was playing only to fully mods all warframe,  and after this update .... sorry I go play Final Fantasy XIV.

Direct from DE:

"Addition: If you find yourself saying "Now I wasted mods fusing up duplicate X because I can equip the same mod twice on Sentinel/etc." This will likely not be possible in the future so don't sell your duplicates!"

ahhh the lost art of reading... you probably missed this bit because there was no tl/dr summary for you....

Direct from DE:

"Addition: If you find yourself saying "Now I wasted mods fusing up duplicate X because I can equip the same mod twice on Sentinel/etc." This will likely not be possible in the future so don't sell your duplicates!"

ahhh the lost art of reading... you probably missed this bit because there was no tl/dr summary for you....

Where in my post you find part that I do not like this change? and I sell may duplicates?? Please point me this lines in my post with words sell, hate etc!

Fellow players, I also think that this change is fu%#ing great. One Rage, Equilibrum to all the characters as well as other MOD from the competitions.

I'm not crying for lost time, mods, etc only saying that this update make me achieve everything in the game for now so I stop playing and in my opinion this update is buisnes strategy and not a system for prelonging life of a geme. I end every level n number of times, I have every warframe, I use and lvl30 up  80% of weapons and now I do not have to collect mods. Ok mayby my max wave is 59 but I do not have clan and I think that its high for someone playing with random ppl.

Edited by kz3dart

Where in my post you find part that I do not like this change? and I sell may duplicates?? Please point me this lines in my post with words sell, hate etc!

Fellow players, I also think that this change is fu%#ing great. One Rage, Equilibrum to all the characters as well as other MOD from the competitions.

They were not "competitions", they were "non-competitive events" (from perspective of mod/gear rewards). They are worlds apart in the meaning. Also, you can have rage and equilibrium already on all your warframes before this patch. You just need 10 extra seconds before the start of every mission. Less if they improve the mod handling UI.

This change is effectively an UI improvement to save few seconds at start of the mission, except equipping same mod on weapon and sentinel, which DE has said that it is not intended.

I dont find equilibrium a very good mod for EVERY frame I have, but for a moment lets assume it is, and lets assume this mod change never occurred. I can leave one empty slot on every warframe I own to slot equilibrium. At start of every mission I put equilibrium in that slot. There, I have equilibrium for ALL MY WARFRAMES without the need of this patch.

Now take one step ahead, and imagine they allow you to move a set of mods from one warframe to another. Then I have Rage and Equilibrium for all my frames, with same amount of time spent at start.

And now look at this patch, I have the same, but few seconds saved. This change is purely a cosmetic change. The time you spent maxing duplicates was your obsession to save few seconds at start of game because the GUI of this game is primitive at best. Again, except that sentinel thing I mentioned, and DE will fix it eventually.

Ok mayby my max wave is 59 but I do not have clan and I think that its high for someone playing with random ppl.

Well, there it is, next challenge for you : Wave 60.

There is always something to do in the game, be it maxing duplicates or trying to reach higher and higher waves. It just depends on where your obsession lies.

Edited by rksk16it